DOES A BURIED TREASURE EMITS ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION/ENERGY???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In My Opinion, I agree The Answer Is NO & would Be WEARY of anyone Who said Yes.

Unless Of Course MABY if Your Calling RADIUM Treasure

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaloy said:
IF A BURIED TREASURE EMITS ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION/ENERGY THEN I ASSUME THAT ACCURATE DETECTION BEGINS WITH KNOWING THE WAVELENGTH OF THE SIGNAL. IS THERE ANY GADGET SO FAR THAT OPERATES OR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS KIND OF 'WEIRD' IDEA???

Normal buried metal does not emit an electromagnetic signature that can be detected at any useful distance. This concept is mostly a fantasy propagated by folks who sell treasure hunting devices (the dreaded, and banned, "L" word) that make a lot of money for the folks who sell them, but not the folks who buy them.

- Carl

OP
OP
kaloy

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808
But Physics supports this claim..... All matter emits an electromagnetic signature. What's lacking I think is a gadget that can measure the emission.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaloy said:
But Physics supports this claim..... All matter emits an electromagnetic signature.

You might be thinking of a spectrometer, which can determine an element's signature by the wavelength of light it emits. But you have to heat the target to glowing-hot.

Or MRI, where phenomenal electromagnetic energy is used to force atoms to vibrate in unison, which enables identification. Of course, the phenomenal electromagnetic energy requires a phenomenal power source, and usable distance is measured in inches.

Yes, it's true that individual atoms do vibrate at a characteristic "frequency*". But when you put a whole bunch of atoms together, they don't vibrate in unison, so the net result averages to be zero. A buried gold bar simply does not emit, on its own, an electromagnetic signature**. It is not a little radio transmitter sitting in the ground. Therefore, there is nothing for a receiver to detect. If it were otherwise, a device capable of detecting the signature would be incredibly easy to build, and would be widely available.

- Carl

* Dependent on the overall static magnetic field.
** Nor does it establish any kind of "resonance" with other nearby gold.

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
hi,

I am not a scientist but from my exprerience with detectors(sov/2box/pulse) detection of burried objects depend on the materials ability to reflect a transmitterd signal form a coil or antena and the capability of the reciever to detect and transform the signal into information the operator can understand. Now there are a lot of factors that affect the the sent and returned signal, one major consideration when depth comes to mind would be the composition of the ground the signal travels in, in many cases, highly mineralized ground reduces depth of penetration, in the case of radar, moisture of the ground disperses the wave and reduces the depth. Although burried objects may emit a signal, i dont think it would be strong enough to be picked up by a device. In metal detecting, an aura(ie rust or chem reaction of soil around object) increases detection chances but by a minimal percentage. I will not judge LRL devices but for me, im more comfortable with a device that transmits a signal and recieves a returned signal reflected from a subsurface target. HH

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If the treasure contains iron, that iron will disturb the earth's magnetic field. That disturbance can easily be detected using a magneometer.

('anyone ever read Dianetics? well, this is an "engram" for me!)

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tagasilay said:
...detection of burried objects depend on the materials ability to reflect a transmitterd signal form a coil or antena and the capability of the reciever to detect and transform the signal into information the operator can understand.

Yes, via the principle of induction.

Although burried objects may emit a signal...

Not inherently all by themselves.

Marc said:
If the treasure contains iron, that iron will disturb the earth's magnetic field. That disturbance can easily be detected using a magneometer.

Yup, but even that's not a "signal", it's a static perturbation. And, since Kaloy mentions wavelength, I doubt that's what he/she was looking for.

Interestingly, a proton mag does operate in a manner that Kaloy alludes to. A stong local magnetic field (via the coil) is applied to the water and aligns the spins of the protons... the local field is removed, and the protons precess at a frequency that depends on the ambient (Earth's) magnetic field. This is an example of an element (hydrogen) "emitting" a signal that can be detected. Of course, the signal is so weak that the water must be placed inside the coil winding, so such a signal cannot be detected at any appreciable distance.

- Carl

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
carl,
Tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full. I'll put my crazy question for the day on here.
Carl,
I am fairly new to TNet, but have been reading on here for a long time. I have a crazy question and you seem to be the crazy expert. Is it possible to put a transmitter in an airtight metallic ball and have it send a signal to a receiver through hundreds of feet of earth?
More specifically, I'm wondering if a set of emitters could be placed in the Kokoweef river to follow the river and send signals to the surface to be picked up by tracking gear placed at varying spots?
grizzly bare
(If this is too weird or hits on something you want to keep private, many apologies)

Electro412

Oct 18, 2005
Gentlemen, you are all right - and WRONG. Follow me through this. An opera singer can break a glass because she reaches the exact frequency of the glass, which is already vibrating at its own frequency just like everything in the Universe does. Her voice increases the amplitude of that frequency and finally, the glass vibrates its self to pieces. It is definitely putting out its own frequency even before the opera singer hits its frequency, but it doesn't go very far. The singer's voice acts as an amplifier for the signal of the glass. If it is too much, the glass will break.

Now, gold vibrates at approximately 5000 cycles per secind. If you have a cash of gold buried in your general area, you could use a frequency generator set at 5000 cps, then run through an audio amp, like the ones of 50 or 100 watts for your car, and connect the output of the amp to a wire going to a copper clad rod driven in the ground about 2 feet deep.

This signal now proceeds through the ground in all directions. When it hits the gold, which is already vibrating at 5Kc, the gold vibrates much harder, but still at the same frequency. It, in effect, becomes a transmitter its self powered by the matching signal from our transmitter.

It sends out a signal of 5Kc and harmonic frequencies at 10Kc, 15Kc, 20Kc etc.

So, you are sending out your signal through the ground from your transmitter and the gold is sending out its signal through the ground. Now, take a loop antenna 18" to 24" in diameter and go to a spot well away from your transmitter. The loop (direction finding) antenna will be connected to a pre-amp module to boost the signal strength and will then send it on to a meter and/or sound module that you can hear through ear phones.

Turn the loop antenna until you tune in the best signal for your signal generator transmitter. You know the direction is right because you know where the transmitter is. Now, slowly turn the antenna away from the transmitter until you get another signal rise at the same frequency. If you mark a GPS location on a simple grid showing the transmitter and your first location where you receive the second signal, you can mark an azimuth, or a straight line on the paper grid in the exact direction of the gold. You don't know how far away it is, but you have a straight line to its location.

Now go to a spot well on the other side of your transmitter and repeat the process. When you draw your azimuth line this time, where the two lines cross - X marks the spot. You can figure the GPS location where the lines cross, go there and find the gold with a conventional metal detector.

By the way, the TR Discriminator metal detectors work by this exact principal. But it is a stupid design because they are still made to look like a metal detector. The signal is sent out through the coil - THEN THROUGH THE INSULATING AIR, and finally into the ground. That's why even though they work better than other detectors, they don't have near the reach they would if the antenna were contacting the ground.

You don't have to be a scientist to see this is correct. Remember, the glass breaks because it is saturated by it's own frequency from the opera singer. You can actually hear the glass singing before it breaks because it is TRANSMITTING A SIGNAL at its frequency. The same goes for gold or silver or iron or a Tuna Fish Sandwitch! This is just like tuning in a radio station. You can tune in a weak signal, even though a very strong signal is closer to you. You are not tuning the frequency of the strong signal.

As far as I know there are no units like this on the market. I have wanted to make one for a long time, but I have too many other areas of interest to stop and do it right now. Hope this helps in the discussion. You may email me for further comments. [email protected]

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grizzly bare said:
Carl,
I am fairly new to TNet, but have been reading on here for a long time. I have a crazy question and you seem to be the crazy expert.

Errr... ummm...

Is it possible to put a transmitter in an airtight metallic ball and have it send a signal to a receiver through hundreds of feet of earth?
More specifically, I'm wondering if a set of emitters could be placed in the Kokoweef river to follow the river and send signals to the surface to be picked up by tracking gear placed at varying spots?

If by "metallic ball" you mean a ball with a solid metal shell, then whether any signal can get through the shell will depend on the thickness of the metal and the signal frequency. Normally, a metal shell will present a short circuit to the signal.

- Carl

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electro412 said:
An opera singer can break a glass because she reaches the exact frequency of the glass,

I think this was mostly busted on "MythBusters"...

It is definitely putting out its own frequency even before the opera singer hits its frequency, but it doesn't go very far.

It is? Are you sure? Would all glasses have the same frequency? Or even glasses of the same glass composition?

Now, gold vibrates at approximately 5000 cycles per secind.

Really? Are you sure about this?

If you have a cash of gold buried in your general area, you could use a frequency generator set at 5000 cps, then run through an audio amp, like the ones of 50 or 100 watts for your car, and connect the output of the amp to a wire going to a copper clad rod driven in the ground about 2 feet deep.

This signal now proceeds through the ground in all directions. When it hits the gold, which is already vibrating at 5Kc, the gold vibrates much harder, but still at the same frequency. It, in effect, becomes a transmitter its self powered by the matching signal from our transmitter.

It sends out a signal of 5Kc and harmonic frequencies at 10Kc, 15Kc, 20Kc etc.

So, you are sending out your signal through the ground from your transmitter and the gold is sending out its signal through the ground. Now, take a loop antenna 18" to 24" in diameter and go to a spot well away from your transmitter. The loop (direction finding) antenna will be connected to a pre-amp module to boost the signal strength and will then send it on to a meter and/or sound module that you can hear through ear phones.

Turn the loop antenna until you tune in the best signal for your signal generator transmitter. You know the direction is right because you know where the transmitter is. Now, slowly turn the antenna away from the transmitter until you get another signal rise at the same frequency. If you mark a GPS location on a simple grid showing the transmitter and your first location where you receive the second signal, you can mark an azimuth, or a straight line on the paper grid in the exact direction of the gold. You don't know how far away it is, but you have a straight line to its location.

Now go to a spot well on the other side of your transmitter and repeat the process. When you draw your azimuth line this time, where the two lines cross - X marks the spot. You can figure the GPS location where the lines cross, go there and find the gold with a conventional metal detector.

Well, this could certainly be tested. Would it matter if the gold were freshly buried?

By the way, the TR Discriminator metal detectors work by this exact principal.

Uh, no, sorry, that's not how the TR Discriminator works.

As far as I know there are no units like this on the market.

This could be a clue.

I have wanted to make one for a long time, but I have too many other areas of interest to stop and do it right now.

It so happens that I have built what you describe. Would you like to know the results?

- Carl

K

Kentucky Kache

FROM A MEDICAL WEBSITE:

Everything in the Universe has energy and produces electro magnetic waves. Everything has its own frequency?each has a different frequency and resonates with its? own similar frequency. Energy medicine uses diagnostic screening devices to measure the various electromagnetic frequencies emitted by the body in order to detect imbalances that may be causing present illness, or contributing to future disease. These disturbed energy flows can be returned to their normal, healthy state through the input of electromagnetic signals that specifically counteract the affected frequencies to restore a normal energy balance within the body.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...html+"everything+has+its+own+frequency"&hl=en

fernando

Greenie
Sep 26, 2005
Definitely NOT a "medical website".... [quack quack]

[/quote]

You either has a misleading intention here or you have to study a little more.

K

Kentucky Kache

Anything that's not "mainstream" is called quackery. If you had studied more, you would have known that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arakronn said:
So does this mean I have to find my tuna fish sandwich the old-fashioned way??

EXACTLY, Wait 10 Days, for the "HALO EFFECT" & Follow the Smell? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions