If You Had Total Freedom To Hunt Anywhere--Where Would You Hunt?

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
Vladivostok (formerly Stalingrad) and it's surrounding area, including the Volga. Imagine the WWII Russian and German memorabilia you'd find. Maybe the east coast from Georgia to New York (I know, that's a LOT of coastline)....do a little wreck diving.

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
The White House Grounds, then every Protected 1700's Spanish Mission in the South Texas Area. ;D
I couldn't even imagine the goodies in the ground around the White House. The Spanish Missions would have some incredible relics!
Rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GETTYSBURG BATTLEFIELD

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
I'm with you Jeff, but thinking along a different path if I had to stay in small town USA it think maybe around every capitol builing and every old court house. Those building have been around for a very long time with the same old dirt. Over seas, I would have to go to Rome, every nation under it's power had to pay tribute around the time of Christ.

K

Kentucky Kache

The oldest wishing well in history. ;D Anyone know where I might find that?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many civilwar battle field sites as possible ;D

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
Hmmm...St. Augustine comes to mind. Then around Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, exactly where would require research. Can I get someone to peel back the first foot or so?

HH,
BobJ

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arakronn said:
Geez...everybody is looking for money and artifacts.? What about jewelry, like naval piercings at the Playboy Mansion? I'm sure I could spend 3 months there.

yeah, I could too but,

we probably wouldn't get much detcting time in! ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everywhere there is a Historical Society sign posted. All the older federal and state park lands.

Ed Donovan

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Morgan Alabama! About 13 years ago I hunted it for about 2 minutes. I jumped out of the car and into the woods and started swinging the detector. I quickly got a signal and dug a piece of cannonball.I then jumped back in my car and drove off. I was thrilled but I never had the nerve to try again. I would not attempt it now but I still dream about it.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
anywhere in the country?!.....ANTIETEM BATTLEFIELD(bloody lane) , GETTYSBURG,BRANDYWINE BATTLEFIELD,VALLY FORGE,THE MALL IN DC,THE ALAMO,TOMBSTONE AZ,.....too many choices!!

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Jbow, that wishing well that you are looking for is in St. Agustine, Florida.

HollowPointRed, there is lots of "junk" to find around Tombstone. Not lots of really good stuff. At least I haven't found anything really good. You'll have better luck in one of about five ghost towns around Tombstone.

As for where I would hunt, I am going with Rich to the Spanish Missions, then with Crutch to Rome, Italy, they Jeff and I are going to go to Gettysburg, then I am going to drag him to Bull Run and Chickamauga! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread