Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2337 times

Re: A Good Possible, Montezuma Treasure Location

cptbil
    Change that date March. that I was supposed to be out there until sometime in MAY!?
    a) how is it going on the planned expedition?

Till Eulenspiegle de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Jun 2003
    arizona

Quote Originally Posted by cptbil
    Gollum:
    AHH! :P
    AHH!
    That's where my location is!
    You're giving away the location, to anyone whose a good researcher!
    [b]GOOD RESEARCHer![/b]
    OH! Wow!
    I guess we're safe! :P
    No One Likes To Read any more!
    PS:
    Change that date (March!)that I was supposed to be out there until sometime in MAY!?
    Anxiety in the heart of man causes deppression.But a good word makes it glad.  IN GOD WE TRUST.......

Dec 2004
    2 times

Cptbil,

You know what it will cost you for me
    to located this treasure, if there is
    indeed a treasure.

Howso

us
    Pirate

Apr 2005
    The Pacific Coast, Southern California
    Garrett Ace 250, GTI 2500, Sea Hunter II. I like Garrett!
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Well, it's August, anyone rich yet?
    The pirate's code is more what you'd call...guidelines, than actual rules.

us
    Jun 2003
    arizona

Nope The Last I looked I did not have two nickels to rub together but I got my health and my little hunterdog what more do I need nuff said Buck
    Anxiety in the heart of man causes deppression.But a good word makes it glad.  IN GOD WE TRUST.......

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

Buck !
    How's the weather/terrain south of Tucson ?
    It looks like I'll be washed out in New Mexico !
    And!
    Two of my sites along the Central Az/NM Border.
    The area I would like to hit in So. Ariz. is about 20 miles NW of Nogales..
    CptBil & Bugs

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

PhotoTJ:
    I, certainly hope, that you are nor under any kind of illusions..
    That Once you know the general area of a Treasure that you just run out there and load it into your Jeep!
    Mel Fisher knew that he was on top of the Atocha..
    But!
    It took the DEATHS of three people and ten years before he was able to "load Up" any treasure at all!
    Now!
    If you'd like to help me to speed up the process, I can really use some armed security down there!
    It is a "hot bed" of illegal activies!
    I have heard auto weapons, in a fire fight, not a mile from one of my camps!
    So!
    When you volunteer, (& u'll rec' a share) make sure that you are well armed and ready to use it !
    When can I expect your reply ?
    CptBil & Bugs

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

HowSo:
    Would you clarify your "post" ? of April 17.
    Are you asking for help ?
    ie:
    My drilling rig/camera ?
    CptBil & Bugs

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2337 times

[=bobinsd The fact that the Aztecs had no pack animals with which to carry heavy items makes it difficult to believe that a bunch of poor Indians would backpack across 1000 miles of hostile terrain with scarce water to hide gold (which had minimal value to them). I don't think they had even invented the wheel yet.
    Especially questionable since Montezuma had already been killed. If there was anything left over, I think the Jesuits would have eventually found it through their Indian "converts". Religion at its finest.
    And what makes you sure that the masters of secrecy "didn't"? hmmmm

As for packing the materiel to who knows where, they did a fair job of packing the building materiel for their cities etc. Labor was unimportant then, just conscript whatever you needed, they even had to feed themselves (families).

As to its value, it WAS important then, this is why they mined it all over Mexico. As a matter of fact, one very important seed was measured in it's weight in Gold. Now known as Quilite, then as Amaranth.

The existence and location of the Tayopa legend was concealed so well that the Jesuits themselves could not refind it after the Indian uprising was quelled. Of course the Indians helped by destroying much of the evidence of the actual mines. They returned to the area, but never again worked the Tayopa mines.

Tropical Tramp

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    13 times

Maybe that seed was high grade cannabis?

I don't know the relationship between the Aztecs and Tayopa which was much further north and much later, I think.

Also, the cities were there much before the Aztecs arrived if I recall correctly. The original inhabitants were driven south so that they would lose their hearts.

Did you know that the Aztecs in Tenochitlan had a zoo, with animals fed with refuse from the sacrifices (the parts the gods didn't like). :P

The snakes were described as having "bells on their tails" by Bernard (sp?).

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2337 times

=bobinsd Maybe that seed was high grade cannabis?
    HI bob, no, it made a super food concentrate, a la Pinole.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know the relationship between the Aztecs and Tayopa which was much further north and much later, I think.
    As far as I know there was no relationship. That was posted simply to show that at times things do exist with no written documentation to back them up, only word of mouth or legends. And yes, Tayopa seems to have come to life in the late 1500's.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, the cities were there much before the Aztecs arrived if I recall correctly.
    Yes, some were, however ------.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The original inhabitants were driven south so that they would lose their hearts.
    True, true of every culture.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Did you know that the Aztecs in Tenochtitlan had a zoo, with animals fed with refuse from the sacrifices (the parts the gods didn't like). :P
    Yes, but very little was wasted after the sacrificed were thrown down the steps. The people fought over the delicate parts. Cannibalism was widely practiced in the Americas, especially in the Caribe & the East coast of Mexico.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

The snakes were described as having "bells on their tails" by Bernard (sp?).
    prob first reference to rattle snakes

I enjoy your posts, keep em comming

Tropical Tramp

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    1142 times

BobinSD,

Cocoa was the drink of the Gods to the Aztecs.

Actually, the Aztecs went FAR into what is now the United States. Look at the picture below. It was taken in Southern Az. There is an old Spanish Mission built on top of an old Aztec Temple near the border.

When Cortez first went to Tenochtitlan in 1519, he saw buildings and temples sheathed in gold. When he went back in 1521, all the gold was gone. The Aztecs had hostile tribes to the South and West, and Spanish to the East. The only way they could have transported the gold was to the North.

You say that they had no use for gold. That was the Amerindians. The Aztecs made much jewelry out of gold. They made all kinds of things from gold. See, the Aztecs were a settled civilization. The Amerindians were more nomadic hunter/gatherers. Gold would only weigh them down, making travel more difficult.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aztec Cat.jpg 
Views:	2862 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	92935  
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2337 times

[gollum Hey Bill. I would be interested in going. The attached pic should should more than prove my qualifications in both remote camping, and weapons handling. If that's not enough, I'm open to answer any questions you may have. Let me know when and where, and I'll try to schedule it with my real job.
    -Mike
    Hi gollyum, where did you buy that ? snicker heheh kof kof.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. You could do far worse than Gollum Capt bill, I would even consider him for a back up co-adventurer, a bit short tempered, but reliable - at least until the gold is recovered - heheh

Nah, he is a good man Capt Bill, and reasonably intelligent. Of course if you want the best ---sheeesh, I will be occupied with "TAYOPA" for a while, sorry.

Tropical Tramp

Tropical TRamp.

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    13 times

Gollum,

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the photo, a hawks head, perhaps?

What I meant to say was that gold did not have as much value other than trinkets, since they traded it for glass beads the C-men had.

I don't think the buildings were sheathed in gold, but they gleamed in the sun from a distance because they were whitewashed with lime (as I recall from Bernardo. I don't think at that time (after 1519) that they realized the voracious appetite the C-men had for gold, enough to gamble the lives of 400 or so men against 10's, perhaps 100's of thousands. I find it incredible that these guys had the 'nads to attempt what they did, knowing what a capture would mean. Makes Zawarkowi look like Emerill Legassi. Cortez turned out to be a crafty, if not brilliant, tactician.

Considering the heat, disease, and no 4 by4s, I'm surprised any of them survived to tell the tale. Lucky the other tribes hated the Aztecs, otherwise todays tacos would have much different flavor. :P

Realde...yes I'm certain they were rattlesnakes, since reindeer were not yet available.

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    1142 times

Actually, that pic came from somebody on TNet (I won't say who).

That's why I keep saying that monument finding is half science, and half art. Too much science will make you miss many signs/symbols, and too much art (read imagination), will have you seeing signs/symbols in grass and bushes that weren't there 250 years ago (God rest his soul).

The picture is a carving of an Aztec/Mayan Leopard/Jaguar. It is facing to the right. The giveaway is the circular mouth with tongue.

Hey Bob,

Have you ever been to the ghost town of Dale? Not the Dale that sits along Hwy 62 near TwentyNine Palms, but the Dale that is in Joshua Tree National Park. The old mining town that was washed away in a flash flood in the early 1920s. See pics below for location. Find Gold Crown Road from the 62. If you go there, you will wonder how in the H3LL those guys walked all the way up that mountain to dig every day, but they did it. Maps show a road, but it gets too hairy for a car. Need truck or 4X4 to get there.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dale1.jpg 
Views:	2869 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	92944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dale2.jpg 
Views:	3014 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	92945  
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors