A Good Possible, Montezuma Treasure Location

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=bobinsd Maybe that seed was high grade cannabis?
HI bob, no, it made a super food concentrate, a la Pinole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know the relationship between the Aztecs and Tayopa which was much further north and much later, I think.
As far as I know there was no relationship. That was posted simply to show that at times things do exist with no written documentation to back them up, only word of mouth or legends. And yes, Tayopa seems to have come to life in the late 1500's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, the cities were there much before the Aztecs arrived if I recall correctly.
Yes, some were, however ------.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The original inhabitants were driven south so that they would lose their hearts.
True, true of every culture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know that the Aztecs in Tenochtitlan had a zoo, with animals fed with refuse from the sacrifices (the parts the gods didn't like). :P
Yes, but very little was wasted after the sacrificed were thrown down the steps. The people fought over the delicate parts. Cannibalism was widely practiced in the Americas, especially in the Caribe & the East coast of Mexico.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The snakes were described as having "bells on their tails" by Bernard (sp?).
prob first reference to rattle snakes

I enjoy your posts, keep em comming

Tropical Tramp

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BobinSD,

Cocoa was the drink of the Gods to the Aztecs.

Actually, the Aztecs went FAR into what is now the United States. Look at the picture below. It was taken in Southern Az. There is an old Spanish Mission built on top of an old Aztec Temple near the border.

When Cortez first went to Tenochtitlan in 1519, he saw buildings and temples sheathed in gold. When he went back in 1521, all the gold was gone. The Aztecs had hostile tribes to the South and West, and Spanish to the East. The only way they could have transported the gold was to the North.

You say that they had no use for gold. That was the Amerindians. The Aztecs made much jewelry out of gold. They made all kinds of things from gold. See, the Aztecs were a settled civilization. The Amerindians were more nomadic hunter/gatherers. Gold would only weigh them down, making travel more difficult.

Mike

Attachments

• Aztec Cat.jpg
    Aztec Cat.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 3,819
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[gollum Hey Bill. I would be interested in going. The attached pic should should more than prove my qualifications in both remote camping, and weapons handling. If that's not enough, I'm open to answer any questions you may have. Let me know when and where, and I'll try to schedule it with my real job.
-Mike
Hi gollyum, where did you buy that ? snicker heheh kof kof.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. You could do far worse than Gollum Capt bill, I would even consider him for a back up co-adventurer, a bit short tempered, but reliable - at least until the gold is recovered - heheh

Nah, he is a good man Capt Bill, and reasonably intelligent. Of course if you want the best ---sheeesh, I will be occupied with "TAYOPA" for a while, sorry.

Tropical Tramp

Tropical TRamp.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum,

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the photo, a hawks head, perhaps?

What I meant to say was that gold did not have as much value other than trinkets, since they traded it for glass beads the C-men had.

I don't think the buildings were sheathed in gold, but they gleamed in the sun from a distance because they were whitewashed with lime (as I recall from Bernardo. I don't think at that time (after 1519) that they realized the voracious appetite the C-men had for gold, enough to gamble the lives of 400 or so men against 10's, perhaps 100's of thousands. I find it incredible that these guys had the 'nads to attempt what they did, knowing what a capture would mean. Makes Zawarkowi look like Emerill Legassi. Cortez turned out to be a crafty, if not brilliant, tactician.

Considering the heat, disease, and no 4 by4s, I'm surprised any of them survived to tell the tale. Lucky the other tribes hated the Aztecs, otherwise todays tacos would have much different flavor. :P

Realde...yes I'm certain they were rattlesnakes, since reindeer were not yet available.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, that pic came from somebody on TNet (I won't say who).

That's why I keep saying that monument finding is half science, and half art. Too much science will make you miss many signs/symbols, and too much art (read imagination), will have you seeing signs/symbols in grass and bushes that weren't there 250 years ago (God rest his soul).

The picture is a carving of an Aztec/Mayan Leopard/Jaguar. It is facing to the right. The giveaway is the circular mouth with tongue.

Hey Bob,

Have you ever been to the ghost town of Dale? Not the Dale that sits along Hwy 62 near TwentyNine Palms, but the Dale that is in Joshua Tree National Park. The old mining town that was washed away in a flash flood in the early 1920s. See pics below for location. Find Gold Crown Road from the 62. If you go there, you will wonder how in the H3LL those guys walked all the way up that mountain to dig every day, but they did it. Maps show a road, but it gets too hairy for a car. Need truck or 4X4 to get there.

Mike

Attachments

• dale1.jpg
    dale1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 4,121
  • Dale2.jpg
    Dale2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 5,153

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry. In several of my previous post I referred to "Bernardo". I meant to say Bernal Diaz, on of the Conquistadores, and the primary reference for all that has been written about the Conquest. Other sources included Cortez's letters and descriptions years after the battles.

In those references, there was no discussion of Montezuma's treasure being carted off. In fact, he proudly showed Cortez his private cache in the depths of his domicile. Do the museums in Mexico City have any of the non-gold artifacts, obsidian blades, or the boulders used to spread-eagle the cannibalees?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=bobinsd
I'm sorry. In several of my previous post I referred to "Bernardo". I meant to say Bernal Diaz, on of the Conquistadores, and the primary reference for all that has been written about the Conquest. Other sources included Cortez's letters and descriptions years after the battles.

In those references, there was no discussion of Montezuma's treasure being carted off. In fact, he proudly showed Cortez his private cache in the depths of his domicile. Do the museums in Mexico City have any of the non-gold artifacts, obsidian blades, or the boulders used to spread-eagle the cannibalees?

Yes they do, including the obsidian swords, head dresses etc.

Incidentally, they did not cut out the heart, only slashed a slit from side to side in the diaphragm area, then reached in, up to the heart, which they grabbed then literally tore out. It had to beat at least 2-3 times after being torn out of the body to show the public an acknowledgement from the Gods.

That must have smarted. sheeze.

The altars were constructed with a stone in the back area of the victim causing them to form an arc with the body raising the diaphragm up for easy cutting.

Tropical Tramp

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Buck !
How's the weather/terrain south of Tucson ?
It looks like I'll be washed out in New Mexico !
And!
Two of my sites along the Central Az/NM Border.
The area I would like to hit in So. Ariz. is about 20 miles NW of Nogales..
I don't know what the weather/terrain south of Tucson is I live in the phx. area maybe Gollom knows for I sure don't ??? ??? ??? Buck

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck said:
cptbil said:
Buck !
And!
I don't know what the weather/terrain south of Tucson is I live in the phx. area maybe Gollom knows for I sure don't ??? ??? ??? Buck

How would I know? I live in SoCal! I guess I could turn on the Weather Channel! ;D ;D

Mike

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
gollum said:
Buck said:
cptbil said:
Buck !
And!
I don't know what the weather/terrain south of Tucson is I live in the phx. area maybe Gollum knows for I sure don't ??? ??? ??? Buck

How would I know? I live in SoCal! I guess I could turn on the Weather Channel! ;D ;D

Mike
Well there you go Bill turn on your T.V. ;D ;D nuff said Buck Mike I was in Costa Mesa this last week-end Great Weather

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What were you doing in CM? That's about 15 minutes from home.

Mike

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Well!
Buck & Mike:
" TURN ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL " !
The Weather Channel lies!
It has shown SO. Texas Gulf Coast, as getting rain for weeks!
Guess WHAT!
All of my grass is dead, I am watering my trees almost 24/7!
The ground has cracked!
Does that sound like "RAIN" ?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Well!
Buck & Mike:
" TURN ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL " !
The Weather Channel lies!
It has shown SO. Texas Gulf Coast, as getting rain for weeks!
Guess WHAT!
All of my grass is dead, I am watering my trees almost 24/7!
The ground has cracked!
Does that sound like "RAIN" ?
That I don't know any thing about Texas weather just like I would not know what the weather south of Tucson would be seeing how I live in the greater Phoenix area it can rain cats and Dogs in Tucson so Why asked me what the weather is south of Tucson I would not know nuff said Buck

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know people in Tucson, if you really wanna know the weather I can ask them...

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Well! Buck:
I have seen/heard that it has been raining down in that part of the State !
I just wanted to check it out, before heading down there, only to find out the roads & etc. have been washed out!!
I thought that you might be out TH'ing in/around to have some solid info !
BUT!
As you say, "nuff said" !
I can check with other sources !

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Djui5:
Thanks, but, I have a friend in Tucson who has wanted me to bring my "core drill" down there, to use on his site.
So!
I'll ask him...He's got a treasure site west of where I'll be.
He should know the road conditions out there!
I am hoping that'll dry out before I get there!
I am leaving here on the 11th!
Depending on how things are in NM., ie: I am trying to get on top of a mnt., but, as you know, they have been having some 100 yr!, flooding out there!
The road, up to the top, has always been a " pucker " type even, when it is dry!
If it washed out, then!
I'll be heading directly to that, the So. AZ., site first!
That's why I wanted to know the conditions!
Thanks again!

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Been sitting on this quite a while. Now that area is no longer accessible, I will part with some info. Story goes that a team from the National Geo. was searching in these mountains for clues to a rumor, when they ascended an extremely remote area . Upon reaching the top of a mountain range, they found ancient ropes that someone had used to transport something heavy up into the area. The ropes were made of material common to the Aztec time and culture. I was told that N.G. was following up on information that the Aztecs were transporting the body of "Monty" to their ancestral home for burial, which we know is in Utah. But why in the name of Quetzalcouatl did they drag old "Monty"
through the TURTLE MOUNTAINS?

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
Well! Buck:
I just wanted to check it out, before heading down there, only to find out the roads & etc. have been washed out!!
BUT!
Nope I don't know any thing about the tucson area never hunted there would like to but as for now I have been busy around the phoenix area sorry

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck said:
cptbil said:
Well! Buck:
BUT!
Nope I don't know any thing about the tucson area never hunted there would like to but as for now I have been busy around the phoenix area sorry

From what I see on the News, seems like you have your hands full staying dry! ;D ;D

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread