A Good Possible, Montezuma Treasure Location

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I used to prospect the Sonaran area southwest of Tucson.
I visited the Yakee Rest at Pasqua Village and talke with the Medicnce Man. He drew a map on his dirt floor. He told me to go there and collect what I was SEEKING BUT TO NEVER NEVER GO BACK. i WENT WHERE HE SAID FOR ME TO GO AND RECOVERED OVER $32,000 in Gold nuggets in less than 2 hours. I later learned that I was on Papago land.
I never went back.
It also seems that I had saved his Grandson from a group of Mexicans at a little park my wife and I were at. We took the boy home.
This is a TRUE story.
Peg Leg
That was in 1979

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
AND! You NEVER WILL!

Can you absolutely prove to ME! That you are NOT! an:

:( pt] IRS Agent! >:(
OR!
Other govt FLUNKIE! :-\

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
AND! You NEVER WILL!

Can you absolutely prove to ME! That you are NOT! an:

:( pt] IRS Agent! >:(
OR!
Other govt FLUNKIE! :-\

Zeitgeist_Xero

Jun 5, 2006
Well, if you don't want to post your pictures, that's fine... For the record, I've never worked for the government... but I have worked for a third party helping County Clerks organize data records. For the record, I studied some archaeology at Eastern New Mexico University for a semester, and got to see a lot of things that the public normally wouldn't see concerning Native American topics; i.e. special ceremonies mostly blocked to public view, locations of rare animals (particular species of turtles) and unusual fish, soapstone deposites, etc. I've always had an interest in ancient things... But to get to the point, I'd like to go on one of your trips CPTBIL if I knew you also were legit (because some of your finds sound exciting - and I'm not a money chaser). Likely niether one of us will ever know... so oh well.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Z...X..:
You can check on my family in Arizona, in, Douglas, SV, Gilbert, Chandler, Phx. Tempe, etc,
"we" have been there, IN ARIZONA, since the Pioneer Days, and I have old HS & ASU friends still living there in & around the Phoenix Area!
&
In New Mexico, I used to be associated with "Gene Ballinger" & his Newspaper, I have friends still living in Hatch, T/C and Las Cruces !
Who know me & have worked with me, personally !In other words, I am a very transparent person...In some aspects!
Send me your phone number ....AND! I'll call you
BUT!
Have your pack loaded up and ready to go !

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont vouch for the historical accuracy of a magazine but the september 1858's Harpers new monthly magazine article on the tribes of the thirty-fifth parallel has a nice lil quote regarding Lt. Whipples talks with the Mojaves.

Leroux says that he has been told by a priest of california that the Colorado Indians were Aztecs, driven from mexico at the time of the conquest of Cortez. He thinks the circle represents their ancient city, and the water spoken of refers to the surrounding lakes. This Idea derives some plausibility from the fact, mentioned by Alacorn that, in his memorable expedition up the river in 1540, he met with tribes that spoke the same language as his Indian Interpreters, who accompanied him from the City of Mexico, or Culican.

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
wat do yous think of this story about montezumas treasure.

The search for Montezuma's treasure continues in the Kanab area. Legend has it that when the Aztec king, Montezuma was killed by his own people in Mexico in the 1500's, and the spanish Conquistadors were driven from Tenotchitlan, the Aztecs took their treasure and hid it from the Spaniards. That was 400 years ago.
In 1914, Freddy Crystal arrived in Johnson Canyon, just north of Kanab. He had a newspaper clipping of Mexican petroglyphs he thought indicated that Montezuma's treasure was hidden nearby.

Six years later, the entire town of Kanab was living in tents at the head of Johnson Canyon digging for the hidden treasure. After two years there was still no sign of gold.

In the spring of 1989, Grandt Child came up with another theory. He decided that the real hiding place was not in Johnson's Canyon and the signs in the canyon were a ploy to divert attention from the real hiding place. Child believes the treasure is in the lower pond of the three lakes chain, six miles north of Kanab on Highway 89. He found an Aztec treasure sign, a circle with an arrow pointing down, carved in the rock 8 feet above the water level on the wall above the lakes. The site fits the criteria for an Aztec treasure hiding technique, called a "water trap."

Tony Thurber, friend of Child's, made a dive to explore the lake. Under the treasure sign he discovered a tunnell about four feet wide and seven feet tall that appeared to be handmade. When Thurber got 30 feet into the tunnel, he was disoriented and couldn't tell if he was going down or up, or in or out. He said he got caught in a heavy draft and was afraid he might get swept into an underground river.

He finally found his way out. He went down again with a tether line attached, but surfaced. He got concerned when he found the line limp rather than taut as it should have been. The person holding the line said it had been taut the whole time.

On June 22, 1989, Thurber returned with three professional divers. The divers got 70 feet back in the tunnel. Their sonar equipment showed the tunnel was 100 feet long and ended in a room 80 feet in diameter. Detectors registered heavy metal at the end of the tunnel. It was late, so they quit for the day. That night Russ, one of the divers, had a dream. In the dream he swam back to the cave, an Aztec warrior with a spear was waiting and threw the spear at Russ when he surfaced.

Russ was the first to go down the next morning. At a certain point in the tunnell, he started screaming that someone was grabbing and choking him. As he was pulled from the water he appeared white as a sheet. Another diver went down and had the same experience.

The divers left and returned in two weeks. They experienced the same choking sensation in the tunnell and had to be pulled up. The diving crew did not dive in the lake anymore.

Childs decided on a plan to drain the lake. To his surprise, the pond happens to be the only known habitat of the Kanab Amber Snail. The property was fenced off by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

i wonder why noone has tried to dive there since then

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
cptbil said:
I heard just recently, from an old So. CA., prospector/TH'er, that he found a location in So. CA., that fits the Aztec Treasure's description!
He, The Old Timer,? is no longer with us, he's up in The Big Treasure Land!? :'(
But!
From what I heard, he may just be right!
His description not only matches the Aztec's description,
But!
It fits right in with a lot of other information, about this area, that I have seen and read over the years!
I don't know why this location never occurred to me before!
If you know the Aztec Description, you'll have an idea of where I, HE!, was talking about!
The Old Timer was in/on the site when a slight earth quake hit!?
He didn't attempt to go any farther!
Perhaps!
A warning from the Aztec Gods!
I was wondering why this area was named what it is....
But!
Now, that, the area's name, makes sense!
I hope that I'll be over that way this year or this coming spring !

Well this thread takes the cake for being off topic.From the 1st to last replie it never gets on topic. CptBil, Sir I am interested in your original post concerning Aztecs in So Cal.I would be most interested in any info or hints you care to share.Heck I've been known to enjoy a good wild goose chase now and again.I'm in the So Cal Area and looking for a interesting desert quest to stsrt researching now for a Fall/Winter excursion. Urb

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I don't normally give away any information!
You see,
I have been able to go TH'ing/Prospecting, FULL TIME !
Since about '94 !
So!
Anything that I have, in the way of information, I'll be using !
As I DO ACTUALLY, GO OUT Into the Field!
I am out there not for days, or week ends,
But!
I am usually out for months!
Since I do and since I am out for months, I will eventually, use the information!
If It doesn't go anywhere the first Time,
I'll research it more and then try again, Later!
BUT!
If you'd like to join up for a trip!
Drop me a line!

Attachments

• s-Me-44&Dog.JPG
    s-Me-44&Dog.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,372
  • s-Me-44&Dog.JPG
    s-Me-44&Dog.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,335

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Re: Montezuma's Treasure Location

cptbil said:
That photo was taken on Doc Noss's first treasure site, located in The Caballo Mnts, NM!
Note:
It has, Nothing to do with The White Sands Cache!
And!
It is just one of several "turtles" there!
Yet!
We can't find the "Darn" cache!
This is a Spanish Cache, Hidden in a pretty good size (350'L x 150'w x 70/90' h) cavern!
Cappy : We need to talk about this Spanish one, if you like. My addy is in my profile.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
cptbil said:
I just now tried to send you an email!
But!
It would not go thru!
Something to do with the address!
I've sent you 3 emails at your yahoo account. You never replied.....(you must have not ever received them?) Let's just try this email system here. You first. stvn.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
As to my getting your emails...
I have a direct satellite link, HughesNet (aka Directway) !
I have had months and months of trouble with it!
There are times when I can't access the internet because the "rec" or "trans" circuits will not connect!
I have called them 7 times :-\
They can't figure out what is going on!
They want to send a serviceman out, @ $125/hr! :o
That would be a three hr service call!
$375 Total !
He_ _ !
It didn't orginally, cost that much to purchase system and have it installed in the first place ($300) !!
Sometimes, I am completely, "offline" for days/week at a time!
I am going to be switching to "Wild Blue" Satellite Service ($250) !

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Urban Prospector:
Is that a "Metro" that I see in your driveway?
Are you going to be available for this coming fall/winter?
Where in So. Ca. do you live ?
This cavern with the "Falling Rocks" is in the desert area of southern Ca. in an area few people would consider as a Treasure Area!
"Except ! for it's name !
There's no clue!

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
cptbil said:
As to my getting your emails...
I have a direct satellite link, HughesNet (aka Directway) !
I have had months and months of trouble with it!
There are times when I can't access the internet because the "rec" or "trans" circuits will not connect!
I have called them 7 times :-\
They can't figure out what is going on!
They want to send a serviceman out, @ $125/hr! :o
That would be a three hr service call!
$375 Total !
He_ _ !
It didn't orginally, cost that much to purchase system and have it installed in the first place ($300) !!
Sometimes, I am completely, "offline" for days/week at a time!
I am going to be switching to "Wild Blue" Satellite Service ($250) !
Cappy: I just re-sent to you the emails to your yahoo account. Are you saying that when you can get online that you cannot get into your yahoo account??? If it is "Yes.", then here is what you do. Follow the instruction for "Forgot my password" so they can issue you a new one. They will send a new password to the alternate account that you yourself have designated when you set the account up. Once you have that new password, you will be able to get in. Once you get in, change their new password to another one that you create. Best to use over 10+ digits, and mix letters and numbers. Then, you have to change this every 4-7 days until whoever hacked your account password gets tired of trying to re-hack your yahoo account in the first place. On a separate note, and on-topic. I want to call your attention to watch the YouTube link I posted called "Treasure Hunter - interview." Montezuma's gold is briefly discussed as being in Utah , implied to be in some lakes on private land. It is extremely possible, even probable that there are more than 1-2 Montezuma locations. There is mentioned in a reply on this thread some explorer that brought interpretors from Mexico City that found a tribe that spoke Aztec living in the SW-US, implied to be descendants of Montezuma's human pack-train. They had an advanceed astronomolical knowledge, architecture, roadbuilding, empire wide communication system, & metallurgy to name a few. And, I find it laughable that someone would imply(or state) that transporting 50 tons of gold and artistic & sacred objects would be a big problem for the Aztec when they had no wheel nor horse!!! Dude, we REALLY NEED TO GET OUR PRIVATE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM up & running!! ;-) I got week old yahoo emails NOT answered by you yet, Cappy! stvn.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
No!
My internet account has not been "Hacked" :-[
But
Thanks for the concern/reply! :)
When I said/meant, is that I can't get/access "online"
I am saying that my Hughes Net, Company supplied (bought for $75) modem that is hooked is hard wired, between, the satellite dish, outside on this room, and sends information back to the computer.
Will not connect to the Satellite!
There are five lights on this modem.
"LAN, Trans., Rec., System, and Power"!
When I have or am, connected to the satellite,
The Power and LAN lites are on!
But!
The, "Rec. & Trans.," Lites are also on, to indicate that the modem is connected to the satellite and "receiving" ( or transmitting) a signal from/to the satellite!
When these two lights are not on!
I am not connected and am not receiving any signal!
Therefore I can't get to anything,"Internet" related, much less, to my check my email ! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread