A Good Possible, Montezuma Treasure Location

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I heard just recently, from an old So. CA., prospector/TH'er, that he found a location in So. CA., that fits the Aztec Treasure's description!
He, The Old Timer,? is no longer with us, he's up in The Big Treasure Land!? :'(
But!
From what I heard, he may just be right!
His description not only matches the Aztec's description,
But!
It fits right in with a lot of other information, about this area, that I have seen and read over the years!
I don't know why this location never occurred to me before!
If you know the Aztec Description, you'll have an idea of where I, HE!, was talking about!
The Old Timer was in/on the site when a slight earth quake hit!?
He didn't attempt to go any farther!
Perhaps!
A warning from the Aztec Gods!
I was wondering why this area was named what it is....
But!
Now, that, the area's name, makes sense!
I hope that I'll be over that way this year or this coming spring !

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Re: Montezuma's Treasure Location

That photo was taken on Doc Noss's first treasure site, located in The Caballo Mnts, NM!
Note:
It has, Nothing to do with The White Sands Cache!
And!
It is just one of several "turtles" there!
Yet!
We can't find the "Darn" cache!
This is a Spanish Cache, Hidden in a pretty good size (350'L x 150'w x 70/90' h) cavern!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Has No One?
Got the interest or inclination :'( ...Are there any TH'ers in CA/Ariz...Western States...Anywhere ?? 8)

Who, Might wanta go ?

How 'bout a Kokoweef (area) search..then ?

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
AzExplorer:
First off !
Are you serious ?
Second:
What is your time frame...are you limited, can you schedule a trip anytime, etc..?
Third:
What Outdoor Experience(s) do you have ?
Please Note:
This will be in a remote area..
AND!
I wish to make this a Public Statement !
So! that there can not be any mistake(s)!
This is SERIOUS, DEADLY SERIOUS !
This will be in a dangerous (Illegals/Smugglers, etc.) area !
Two Border Patrol have already been shot and killed !

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona

cptbil said:
Has No One?
Got the interest or inclination? ?:'(? ...Are there any TH'ers in CA/Ariz...Western States...Anywhere ??? ?8)

? Who, Might wanta go ?

How 'bout a Kokoweef (area) search..then ?
Ok Bill Last time where and when each time you asked I have replied hell yes I am willing to go if YOU can give me a TIME FRAME>>>Buck

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
OK Buck :
I would first like to have a person to person meeting !
I have had three experiences, where in, the Persons told me that they were experienced, remote campers, TH'ers, etc..
THEY WEREN'T!
You are in Phoenix, Right ?
Where can we meet ?
As I have mentioned, my bother lives up in No. Phx...
Not far from you !
Set up a Meeting Time/Place !
I am heading to the Bradshaws, Thurs/Friday..
Once there, I'll be there for two weeks!
I have a Family Thanksgiving Dinner,
So!
I intend to be here for that!

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil said:
OK Buck :
I would first like to have a person to person meeting !
I have had three experiences, where in, the Persons told me that they were experienced, remote campers, TH'ers, etc..
THEY WEREN'T!
You are in Phoenix, Right ?
Where can we meet ?
As I have mentioned, my bother lives up in No. Phx...
Not far from you !
Set up a Meeting Time/Place !
I am heading to the Bradshaws, Thurs/Friday..
Once there, I'll be there for two weeks!
I have a Family Thanksgiving Dinner,
So!
I intend to be here for that!
Sounds good was for being an experienced remote camper
I an as good as I once was [end quote] YES I live in Phoenix if you call that living seeing that you will be in that bradshaws this thurs/friday I will be in stanton/congress area this week till ??? can you call me the day before thanksgiving and we can set up a meet?? You still have my land line no I will send it to you if you don't Buck

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbil I sent you my land line no by PM I will be leaving in the morning for stanton/congress area will not be back till monday soo can if you want and we can see about a meeting OK Buck ;)

D

Delta Hunter

cptbil, do you have an expedition set up to find this spot yet? I'm ready to join ya if your still on track... what are you up to these days?

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought the Aztecs supposedly hid a massive amount of treasure in the area of "The Seven Caves"?? Near their homeland "Azatlan", in an area where they first farmed with "chinampas". (where there were shallow wetlands) hmm, wait until I reveal what I know! ;)

If your area doesn't include these features, I guess you are in the wrong area - but I would still be interested in where you are looking!

Marc

p.s. This winter a recovery will be made! (YES!) :)

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005
(where there were shallow wetlands)

FWIW it s interesting to note that the areas around the San Pedro river were considered to be a bog, or even marshlike. This all changed w/ that big earthquake in 1880s. This likely has nothing to so w/ the legend but it ust shows that even hot and dry southern Az can have shallow wetlands. ;)

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma
cptbil!!! Take me!! I have absolutely no experience - but you always make it sound like so much fun!! (I'm sure it is a boat load of work along with the fun)

Was also going to tell you - watched a show on tv about cache hunting a week or two ago... kept looking for that yellow thing you drive to go by in the background. ;D

Please keep on with the great posts!! Maybe someday I'll get to move where there are more legends - can't find a whole lot in northwest oklahoma, and then I'll have more to share!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
To those who are still interested!
IE:
AzExplorer/ChellyP...& ??
I am, right now, in the process of getting commitments for this site!
It is along, actually, a few miles due north, of the Az/Mex. Border!
But!
The canyon that's just behind camp, 1/2 mile, is a Major No./So. Trail for the Illegals and Drugs Smugglers!
A few miles from this area, Two U.S. Border Patrolman were shot and killed!
AND!
As I have mentioned,? the area is considered? dangerous !
If you are interested,? be prepared, at ALL! times,? to have & carry a? ?:-\? ? FIREARM!? ? ?:-\
If you don't have one, I'll have more than enough, along with me!
But!
More importantly, YOU MUST BE PREPARED, Mentally & Physically, if necessary, To use! your weapon!
? ;)? ?WHEN will this happen?? ?:)
I am going for 5-6 members !
A couple to? "Camp Sit" and a couple to help dig out the entrance, which is a covered (wooden door) mine tunnel
I hope that this will come about, early This Spring !
NOW! ? ?:D?
The GOOD NEWS!? ? ;D
::)? There'll be more than enough to make all of the participants very,very rich!? ? :P
& Yes! I have a buyer ?
PS
Send me an email !

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005
A few miles from this area, Two U.S. Border Patrolman were shot and killed!

CptBil,

FWIW.......... we have not lost a Patrol Agent to gunfire in Az since 1998 and that was just one. We DID have 2 P.A.s ambushed while cutting sign on a dope load a few months ago. They have since recovered.

Regardless, this area can be very dangerous, going anywhere armed is a good idea, down there it is a must.

Depending on time frame I would be willing to help with you with site security and whatever else is needed.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill. I would be interested in going. The attached pic should should more than prove my qualifications in both remote camping, and weapons handling. If that's not enough, I'm open to answer any questions you may have. Let me know when and where, and I'll try to schedule it with my real job.
-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOOPS! Sorry. Forgot to attach pic.

Attachments

• Ranger Coin.jpg
    Ranger Coin.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,148

dralston

Greenie
Nov 20, 2005
Wyoming
US agents shot at, tension mounts on Mexico border
Thu Jan 5, 2006 1:32 PM ET

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - U.S. Border Patrol agents have come under fire twice along the Rio Grande in Texas in recent days amid rising tension on the frontier with Mexico, although no one was reported wounded, U.S. authorities said on Thursday.

A Border Patrol spokesman said unknown gunmen fired on agents on patrol in Brownsville, Texas, late on Wednesday. It was not immediately clear if the shots came from Mexico or from within the United States.

"Shots were fired, no one was injured and the FBI have taken the case over," Jose Rodriguez, a spokesman for the Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, said by telephone.

Rodriguez said the shooting was the second along the same stretch of the Rio Grande in the past week, after agents patrolling the area in a launch on Friday came under a volley of gunfire from Mexico.

"On that occasion the shooters were hiding in brush on the Mexican side of the river ... The launch was struck by five bullets, although there were no injuries," he said.

That incident came on the same day a Border Patrol agent fatally shot a teenage Mexican immigrant as he crossed the border near San Diego on December 30, triggering widespread anger in Mexico and calls for a full investigation.

Speaking to Mexican diplomats late on Wednesday, President Vicente Fox reiterated calls by the Mexican government for clarification of the killing, and pledged to "ensure that total justice is done in the case."

The 2,000-mile (3,200-km) U.S.-Mexico border has always been dangerous, although violent attacks on Border Patrol agents have risen in recent months, especially in Arizona, where around half the 1.2 million undocumented immigrants nabbed crossing from Mexico were detained last year.

The Tucson sector Border Patrol said attacks on agents havroe almost doubled in recent months, and included cases in which officers have been shot at, rammed with cars and pelted with rocks by immigrants and smugglers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread