Kokoweef for sale??

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
I noticed a "FOR SALE" ad for Kokoweef in the classifieds of ICMJ.? July issue page 56.? I didn't think it could be the actual famous claim, but it mentions a potential cave entrance and they are asking $2.5 mil.? Does this mean they are actually giving up on looking for the cavern and are trying to cash out?? I'm not sure because, today in Riverside County's Press Enterprise there was a huge article on the mining operations at Kokoweef and the people who are running it.? From the article it sounds like they have no intentions of giving up and are in it for the long haul.? Now, I think someone is just trying to cash in on the name. ???? ?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardrock mining is for the rich and infamous.The oldest saying in mining is, A hadrrock mine for sale is the same as a liar with a hole in the ground.Placer gold-ya get to see the sun and live!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John :o

siborepunk

Jul 25, 2004
does anyone know how to find the recent article in the Riverside County's Press Enterprise about the mining operations at kokoweef,tried searching the papers archives with no sucsess any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
blazen70

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
The Press Enterprise wants $2.95 to access the article.? Here is the link so you can at least get to the beginning of the article.? Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to type in the last part.? I don't know why it wasn't included.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=RS&p_theme=rs&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_field_label-0=Source&p_text_label-0=enterprise&s_dispstring=kokoweef%20AND%20publication(enterprise)%20AND%20date(last%20180%20days)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=-180qzD&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=("kokoweef")&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

If you are in Riverside County I would try the local library.? Sometimes they keep back issues of newspapers.

? ?

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
blazen 70:
Let us know what you find out!? ?:-X
From what I gather, Years ago, Doerr's Partners discovered a rich lode of Zinc while searching for the entrance..
And! Have been mining it ever since!
Doerr got disgusted? ? >:( and left them!
He never found "The" (another way in) entrance!
Although, he said that he saw? ?:o? several? openings above him, when they were walking around down there, with his Engineer Buddy!!? ?;)
I have some actual drawings (copies) by the Engineer, of the cavern and with depths & etc, around someplace!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread