Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Old Shaft Unearthed in Anza-Borrego Desert!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1458 times

Re: Old Shaft Unearthed in Anza-Borrego Desert!!

=gollum ]
    OOOOPS! Sorry, I resized the wrong pic. Pic#5 is not the different angle from pic#4. That's something altogether different.

Q) Hmmm no posts since Jan.09?? Do you suopose that we should go look for him?

Till Eulenspiegle
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Dec 2004
    Long Island New York
    White's XLT
    2 times

LOL!!! I was trying to find an update on this a couple weeks ago but couldn't find the original post.
    Yeah, maybee someone should go look for him. Any recent earthquake activity in the area?

kenb

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1458 times

=kenb ]
    LOL!!! I was trying to find an update on this a couple weeks ago but couldn't find the original post.
    Yeah, maybee someone should go look for him. Any recent earthquake activity in the area?

kenb
    A) NONE HERE, THERE?

Till Eulenspiegle

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1458 times

HOLA PEEPS: I hate to be left hanging in the air so I EM'd him. Did he find a treasure, mine or is he huig up in the tunnel?

Till Eulenspoiegle

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / XTerra70 / Fisher Gemini /
    724 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't updated this in awhile. Just got the EM from Till E. I have found some other things within a 6-8 mile radius of this shaft. That and what appears to be a Death Trap Hanging over the cut that I never noticed before. I'll resize the close-up and post it for comments. I have seen what some other posters have called "Death Traps" that were nothing but interesting NATURAL rock formations. I rappelled down to this thing from above and see hand formed stones and the trap boulder has a nice X or Cross cut into the side. It hangs over the cut in the hillside. If you look at the distance shot of the cut, it is above and to the right.

Thanks again-Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    724 times

This is what I think is a Death Trap. It hangs above and to the right of the cut in the hillside. Some of the rocks in the formation fit together too well. I can't find the trip for it. Not going into the main shaft until I either feel sure this is NOT a death trap, or until I can figure how to trip it and redirect the trap boulder.

The second pic is a close-up of the X in the side of the trap boulder and the balance rocks. See how well they fit together!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    724 times

Here is a close-up of the rear top rock that looks cut to fit something.
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    724 times

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaFree
    One of the nicest photo groups posted showing you found something.
    Think these are nice. Wait until I feel comfortable posting the rest of the monument pics I have of this area. Some of them are unbelieveable! When you see these things near the top of a 4000 foot mountain peak that looks near impossible to bring horses up, makes you wonder how they could balance a 2-3 ton boulder atop a small base rock (OK,OK, I'll post this one too).

This one is near the top of a 3200 foot peak. The pointer rock guides you over the top of the ridgeline to another monument on the other side that is equally amazing!
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

us
    Dec 2004
    Long Island New York
    White's XLT
    2 times

Thanks for the update Gollum, good luck in your search and definitely keep us updated!!!

kenb

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1458 times

=gollum

The second pic is a close-up of the X in the side of the trap boulder and the balance rocks. See how well they fit together!

HI , missed the "X" or "+", food for thought.

Til Eulenspiegle

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    7 times

Gollum,
    I have been making frequent trips into Borrego and would be happy to stand guard for you while you explore the tunnel. I don't need any treasure, but I'm sure you would like to have someone around to call for help if needed or contact next of kin. I can bring some 2-ways and perhaps other equipment.

My engineering background might be useful in disarming any deathtraps.

Just interested...
    BobinSD

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    724 times

Thanks Bob. Not just yet. I have friends saying the same thing all the time. As far as the Death Trap, I'm not 100% sure it is yet, but am very wary because of where it hovers over.

If it is a Death Trap, they are never THAT hard to figure out. Just difficult to get above it, rapell down, and spend some quality time finding the trip rock. Worst case scenario, just kick out some of the balance rocks while belayed from above. Watch the whole thing come down and see what pops up next! I would like to get behind the big rectangular support boulder. Maybe it covers up a Pozo (Mine Vent Shaft), or a smaller shaft. I'll be out there tomorrow, and post tomorrow night. Maybe even put up some more pics!

"I (State My Name), being of sound mind and body, do hereby leave my Beanie Baby collection to Til Eulenspiegle. I leave my Cabbage Patch kids to Cpt. Bill (He can sell the birth certificates to illegal aliens). "
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

Hay! Gollum:
    Don't go in there until I get there!
    I have a Media Contact, "Hearst Newspapers", 8) who would like to photo the expedition!
    I'll be there in May !
    Where can we meet ?
    CptBil & Bugs

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    724 times

OK, here's the latest update; The Death Trap may be part of a larger one that was tripped previously, and this section failed to fall. The big boulder that blocks the cut, and another one that fell on top of it look like they came from the same section of cliff as the remaining rocks in my pics. Basically, this means that I'm still not sure about the Death Trap part.

The shaft will require a lot more digging out before I'll be able to enter the main shaft.

I have an electric RC Rock Crawler with mounted camera. I'll send it in to see if it looks worth the effort. I actually have two, but one is too big for the final five or so feet before the main shaft.

Thanks for the offer Capt. Bill, but no official pics until I've thoroughly been through it and seen all it has to offer. I've been crawling in hidden holes ever since I was a little kid. I am anti-claustrophobic. If something looks promising, I have a local pro TH'er who will come along and keep an eye out for me. He stays busy right now on a dig in AZ, so I don't bother him until it's absolutely necessary.

Check out 1ORO1.COM

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1458 times

=gollum
    "I (State My Name), being of sound mind and body, do hereby leave my Beanie Baby collection to Til Eulenspiegle. ). "

A) gosh, not even in my wildest dreams did I consider this, snifff, thanks.

All that I ask in addition, is to let me know when you intend to go back so that I can establish an irontight alibi just in
    case Sossi decides to accelerate his endowment.

Till Eulenspiegle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors