Los Angeles Area nugget prospecting

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
??? Silly: First, I would recommend you join the Gold Prospectors of America (GPAA) They have a Claims Guide that covers the whole country showing places where members can prospect.100% Finders-Keepers. The current guide has approx. 70 or so sites in Ca.

goldprospectors.com is their Website.

As far as good Nugget Hunting Detectors are concerned, you have the White's GMT, Minelab Eureka Gold, Fisher Gold Bug-2, Tesoro Lobo, & the Garrett Gold Scorpion. Check out the various TN Topics for awhile & ask Questions. There are more Experts here than anywhere else on the Internet.

Hope I helped a little, Good Luck!

Joe

OP
OP
S

sillytree

Thanks Buscadero! I joined the GPAA this morning and will await the info. I did hours of reading up about metal detectors last night and I am feeling strongly about the Minelab Eureka Gold. I got really excited about the Minelab GP 3500 but my girlfriend freaked out at me over the $3,500 price tag.

Does anyone actually make a living prospecting for nuggets in California?

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
The Lifestyle Store in Hesperia used to nugget shooting classes. Lots of good info for a beginner. Both classroom and field work. Well worth the 20 bucks I spent 2 years ago. Google them if you want more info.

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
I would look at the whites mxt then you could have the best of both worlds, coins and gold.

OP
OP
S

sillytree

Earl said:
I would look at the whites mxt then you could have the best of both worlds, coins and gold.

Really? I did not realize a detector can do both. Now I am totally confused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions