So where are the tunnels

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
Every day a new tunnel is discovered under the boarder from Mexico to the U.S.
some small and some you could drive a truck through! Seems like with are technology
we would be able to find all of them.Now I don't know if this is true or not but I have
herd story"s about tunnels leading down an underground river from death valley to the gulf of baha California.Dye packs were used to conferm this. but I never saw anything about this.Boader Patrol agents say it must be true judgeing from the amont of drugs comming into California.Could this be kokoweefs lost river of gold?who were the hydroligists that put the dye packs in the water and where did they find the river entrance?Is there realy tunnels under the boarder?

S

stefen

konnon6 said:
Every day a new tunnel is discovered under the boarder from Mexico to the U.S.
some small and some you could drive a truck through! Seems like with are technology
we would be able to find all of them.Now I don't know if this is true or not but I have
herd story"s about tunnels leading down an underground river from death valley to the gulf of baha California.Dye packs were used to conferm this. but I never saw anything about this.Boader Patrol agents say it must be true judgeing from the amont of drugs comming into California.Could this be kokoweefs lost river of gold?who were the hydroligists that put the dye packs in the water and where did they find the river entrance?Is there realy tunnels under the boarder?

Somewhat of a slight exaggeration...maybe several each year. Here are several articles regarding the most recent tunnels:

Post-September 11th U.S. responses to tunnels
Due to the country's restrictive policy on immigration in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, and heightened security, many more secret tunnels were built to enter the country from Mexico, most running between Tijuana on the Mexican side and San Diego, California on the American side.

The prevalent use is drug smuggling, but many other operations have been discovered. About 35 such tunnels have been uncovered.

Smuggling tunnel details come to light

Door, on wheels, only was opened from below
By Tony Manolatos
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
January 30, 2006

The floor is layered concrete and ceramic tile 2 inches thick. You can't tell there's anything different with the four large tan tiles in the corner.

But it's a secret door, one that could be opened only from below.

It's this passageway that federal authorities said was the exit point for drug smugglers who built a massive underground tunnel to bring tons of marijuana into the United States from Tijuana.

Agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement discovered the tunnel last week. It runs 2,400 feet, or the length of about eight football fields, and is equipped with lighting, ventilation and groundwater drainage.

When asked yesterday whether any arrests have been made, Special Agent Michael Unzueta only would say the investigation is “moving swiftly.”

Media attention has been intense. When given the chance last week, reporters from across the United States and Mexico peered inside the Mexican end of the shaft, located below a small warehouse about 175 yards south of the border.

Federal officials are expected to begin allowing general media access to the opening on the U.S. side today. The San Diego Union-Tribune got an early look at the opening.

From the outside, the site is unremarkable. The tunnel starts in the floor of a plain white office attached to a large warehouse in Otay Mesa.

Other than some scattered papers, trash and fingerprint dust, the den-sized office is empty, the walls blank.

Advertisement

The 9-square-foot tunnel door is on wheels so smugglers could roll it across the floor on their way up. A hole about 8 feet deep gapes beneath the door. At the bottom is a kitchen stool smugglers used to boost themselves into the office.
Also at the bottom is a pickax, a pair of black rubber boots, a plastic grocery bag and a tunnel to Mexico.

A few feet into the tunnel, slightly wider than a doorway, is a steep drop. There is a bend to the left, then the right. A little farther down, the tunnel straightens out.

“You can see as far as the eye will let you,” said Unzueta, who runs the San Diego office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is leading the investigation.

Parts of the shaft are about 70 feet deep. The walls are sandstone and compacted sand, but look more like a mix of rock and dark clay. Wood supports were used, but only sporadically because the earth is extremely dense. Agents called it “pliable earth.”

Unzueta said whoever dug the hole initially missed the warehouse because an underground artery veers off about 100 yards from the U.S. opening. After noticing their mistake, Unzueta suspects the workers probably dug backward from the office to connect with the Mexican side.

The tunnel diggers used a cement cutter and a jackhammer to get through the 2-inch cement and tile floor, immigration agents said.

It took two agents and a harness to lift the concrete slab, which sits flush with the floor and closely resembles the rest of the ceramic tile in the room. As investigators dusted for prints, agents installed a motion alarm, just in case someone came through.

Waist-high standing water in some parts of the tunnel is an ongoing problem, Unzueta said. Authorities haven't figured out how to use the pumps in the shaft and two portable systems have broken down.

Investigators called out-of-state miners to help them determine how the tunnel was built and how long it took. The miners are expected to arrive later this week.

Authorities started receiving tips about the tunnel two years ago. When they discovered it last week, they found 2 tons of marijuana on the Mexican side and 200 pounds on the U.S. end.

Once the marijuana was in the United States, it probably was loaded onto vehicles disguised as produce trucks, Unzueta said.

Agents believe the tunnel, one of the largest and most sophisticated ever found along the California-Mexico border, is the work of a drug cartel. They haven't said which one.

The warehouse owner, Helen Park, has declined to discuss the tunnel or her tenant. V & F Distributors leased the space from Park, authorities said.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
lets shed a tear and all listen to the civil libertians and bleeding hearts here to feel sorry for the poor people in other lands sheeeeeeshhhh

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Konnon6
If you'd like, you can hook up with "Doc' & I
We intend to "visit" (go into) a few of these
If you'd (or anyone else) would like more information, ie: when, where, ect
Leave a message here and I'll contact you

Cptbil & Bugs

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lousy speller, it's still (TAYOPA) whatcha want with the tunnels?

Wher-n-l have you been? I figured that you n bugs, were caught in a cave in and pore bugs only had you to eat..

Don Jose de La Mancha

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
hi cpt bill! good to see you posting again, was beginning to think you had got lost,hope all is well with you and happy hunting, godbless- bill w. (whitt459)

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Nope!
Me'n Bugs are still here
Thing is, last MArch I put a Overdrive Unit (17%) in the Jeep's
transfer case
Then "we" took a 1000 mile trip up into NM
Did We get a 17% increased MPG ?
NO!
Darn if we didn't average out at a 30% increase !
That got me to thinking ????
How about putting more MPG parts on/in
So I pulled the engine, going to put an Edlbrock Performance Package on
(That's a cam, alum rocker arms, alum intake manifold and carb, & Headers)
AND, since I am going to be out many months
2I
I'm TOTALLY REBUILDING the engine and Transmission (Also modified)
I already did both axles, when I put the OD in the Trans Case
I'm hoping for 3-4 more miles per gallon

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
HI Capn Bill,
I think you will like the Performer package. I put one in my 72 Bronco along
with changing the 302 for a 351. Gas mileage off road went from 8 miles per
gallon to 10, and mileage in the sand dunes went from 4 miles per gallon to 8
miles per gallon. This was racing around, lots of use of low range etc.
Town mileage went from 10 1/2 to 12 and freeway mileage from 11 to 12.
Not that impressive on the freeway but it really needed an overdrive or higher
gears which it wouldn't be able to pull with the previous engine. Aerodynamics
and gears were the limiting factor. It did pull lots stronger and I could pull
a 15 foot travel trailer with ease.
On the Kokoweef underground river, I went with a dowser and traced the river
as it went south. This dowser was often hired out as a water dowser and had
many happy clients, so I presume he was pretty accurate.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread