Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Kokoweef

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2013
    Las Vegas and Seattle
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzledrone View Post
    There is a Nevada legend sometimes called “Riley Hatfield’s Lost Gold Mine” that is similar to other “river of gold” legends. He claimed, in 1901, that he found a dry lake bed while camped below Clark Peak on his way to Searchlight, NV. While walking around the lake bed, he spotted a cave entrance on the east side of a small limestone hill, about fifty feet above the dry lake. The entrance led to a long tunnel, and he could hear running water as he entered. Lighting the cave with his lantern, he entered a grand chamber, with a dome-shaped ceiling that was encrusted with beautiful stalactites, hanging down from the ceiling. The chamber held a pool of churning water. He also saw skeletons nearby, one human and an animal skeleton that he did not recognize. While he was standing there, he said a whirlpool started to form in the middle of large basin of water. Suddenly, he said it was as though the bottom dropped out of the cave and all of the water was sucked away. As the water receded and emptied the basin, he saw terraces of black sand lining its walls, the black sand settling down in an endless movement to the bottom of the pool. He took some of the black sand and examined it. It was filled with gold! He observed that the water in the cavern reflected the ebb and flow of the tides in the Pacific, becoming active twice each day. When the water returns to the cavern, it is with intense agitation that a giant plume of black sand rises up, followed by a column of water that reaches a height of 45 or 50 feet. The water continues to churn and agitate against the terraces until the basin is again full. The water eventually settles to a calm and glassy pond. But Earl Dorr's Kokoweef is said to be on Kokoweef Peak, in California, about 30 miles west.
    I don’t think there is much doubt about Kokoweef’s credibility… and I think that the Nevada legend 30 miles east is connected. John D. Mitchell, well known author and prospector, met Riley Hatfield in 1901, in the mining camp of Crescent. He described Hatfield as a bearded “old timer” from North Carolina. Hatfield was not well and was on his way to Searchlight to see his doctor. They met up again in Searchlight and traveled together back to Crescent. That is when Hatfield told Mitchell about the underground river of gold he had discovered. According to Mitchell, Hatfield asked him to be his partner in the find. Mitchell said that he agreed to meet up with him in three weeks, to begin exploring the cavern. He never saw Hatfield again, but believed that it may have been Hatfield’s body that was found on the dry lakebed at Ivanpah, shot and killed. Hatfield had said that he found the cave on the east side of a small limestone hill, about fifty feet above the lake bed, northeast of the town of Nipton, California.
    ..not all who wander are lost.

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / White's Goldmaster 4B / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    5650 times
    Copperpot,

I already have everything available to the public, and a crap-ton that is not. I have a very good idea of exactly where it MAY be. I have a good friend that lives year round in Tumacacori. He told me it is currently too dangerous to spend much time out in those mountains. The only people there are Border Patrol, Drug Mules, and American Bandits that rob the drug mules. At the confluence of Peck and Javelina Canyons is where Border Patrol Officer Bryan Terry was murdered in the gunfight with the Mexicans carrying those "Fast and Furious" illegally bought weapons.

I won't go out there till things cool down a bit. Too many other places to go without worrying about getting into a gunfight.

Mike
    My Motto: "KEEP AT IT!"

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

Check out 1ORO1.COM

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11696 times
    Check with Oro Blanco. 'roy'
    Oroblanco likes this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Check with Oro Blanco. 'roy'
    HAY!

Silentium est Aureum!

Oroblanco

SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    please and thank you

Mar 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Secret Area 51 technology.
    49 times
    @Mike - I don't foresee that type of activity dying out any time soon.

us
    please and thank you

Mar 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Secret Area 51 technology.
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Copperpot,

I already have everything available to the public, and a crap-ton that is not. I have a very good idea of exactly where it MAY be. I have a good friend that lives year round in Tumacacori. He told me it is currently too dangerous to spend much time out in those mountains. The only people there are Border Patrol, Drug Mules, and American Bandits that rob the drug mules. At the confluence of Peck and Javelina Canyons is where Border Patrol Officer Bryan Terry was murdered in the gunfight with the Mexicans carrying those "Fast and Furious" illegally bought weapons.

I won't go out there till things cool down a bit. Too many other places to go without worrying about getting into a gunfight.

Mike
    What if this person felt they knew where the treasure was located, and it was a 90% chance that the info was correct. Would you risk it and go for it?

Charter Member
    us
    Pirate of the Martires

Feb 2005
    Pinellas Park, Florida
    Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
    1172 times
    Shipwrecks
    I guess the answer is no.
    Oroblanco likes this.

Jun 2015
    15 times
    maybe there searching in the wrong places in the kokoweef thats way there is no yet finding of the mines can you picture the kokoweef peak and post it here my friends waiting for your reply my friends

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links