They will have a shareholders meeting June 1 2014 at the mine site

Drizzledrone

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
May 4, 2013
Las Vegas and Seattle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Nevada legend sometimes called “Riley Hatfield’s Lost Gold Mine” that is similar to other “river of gold” legends. He claimed, in 1901, that he found a dry lake bed while camped below Clark Peak on his way to Searchlight, NV. While walking around the lake bed, he spotted a cave entrance on the east side of a small limestone hill, about fifty feet above the dry lake. The entrance led to a long tunnel, and he could hear running water as he entered. Lighting the cave with his lantern, he entered a grand chamber, with a dome-shaped ceiling that was encrusted with beautiful stalactites, hanging down from the ceiling. The chamber held a pool of churning water. He also saw skeletons nearby, one human and an animal skeleton that he did not recognize. While he was standing there, he said a whirlpool started to form in the middle of large basin of water. Suddenly, he said it was as though the bottom dropped out of the cave and all of the water was sucked away. As the water receded and emptied the basin, he saw terraces of black sand lining its walls, the black sand settling down in an endless movement to the bottom of the pool. He took some of the black sand and examined it. It was filled with gold! He observed that the water in the cavern reflected the ebb and flow of the tides in the Pacific, becoming active twice each day. When the water returns to the cavern, it is with intense agitation that a giant plume of black sand rises up, followed by a column of water that reaches a height of 45 or 50 feet. The water continues to churn and agitate against the terraces until the basin is again full. The water eventually settles to a calm and glassy pond. But Earl Dorr's Kokoweef is said to be on Kokoweef Peak, in California, about 30 miles west.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Nevada legend sometimes called “Riley Hatfield’s Lost Gold Mine” that is similar to other “river of gold” legends. He claimed, in 1901, that he found a dry lake bed while camped below Clark Peak on his way to Searchlight, NV. While walking around the lake bed, he spotted a cave entrance on the east side of a small limestone hill, about fifty feet above the dry lake. The entrance led to a long tunnel, and he could hear running water as he entered. Lighting the cave with his lantern, he entered a grand chamber, with a dome-shaped ceiling that was encrusted with beautiful stalactites, hanging down from the ceiling. The chamber held a pool of churning water. He also saw skeletons nearby, one human and an animal skeleton that he did not recognize. While he was standing there, he said a whirlpool started to form in the middle of large basin of water. Suddenly, he said it was as though the bottom dropped out of the cave and all of the water was sucked away. As the water receded and emptied the basin, he saw terraces of black sand lining its walls, the black sand settling down in an endless movement to the bottom of the pool. He took some of the black sand and examined it. It was filled with gold! He observed that the water in the cavern reflected the ebb and flow of the tides in the Pacific, becoming active twice each day. When the water returns to the cavern, it is with intense agitation that a giant plume of black sand rises up, followed by a column of water that reaches a height of 45 or 50 feet. The water continues to churn and agitate against the terraces until the basin is again full. The water eventually settles to a calm and glassy pond. But Earl Dorr's Kokoweef is said to be on Kokoweef Peak, in California, about 30 miles west.

Sounds like gold in a pan. Would it not... being heavier eventually be sucked out with the tides as gold sinks. Great story.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also,

The underground river beneath Kokoweef Peak is about one mile below the surface. Two thousand feet through the caves, and the main chamber is about three thousand feet high. Anybody that wants to know more about Kokoweef Peak should ask LVBob (TNet Name). He has been part of the team drilling at Kokoweef Peak since about 1986.

Mike

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also,

The underground river beneath Kokoweef Peak is about one mile below the surface. Two thousand feet through the caves, and the main chamber is about three thousand feet high. Anybody that wants to know more about Kokoweef Peak should ask LVBob (TNet Name). He has been part of the team drilling at Kokoweef Peak since about 1986.

Mike

Hey Mike!

Do you know if they found anything? You ever tried searching? I understand that the one opening was blown by dynamite decades ago by that guy who found the opening originally. But that there may be at least one more opening?

I heard about that drilling team. Aren't they still looking and still have not found it? That is the word I heard about it.

-copperpot

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CP,

They have drilled for a long time now. I haven't kept up with the latest, that's why I referred folks to LVBOB. He is actually part of that crew for a long time, and would have most of the answers y'all seek.

Mike

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CP,

They have drilled for a long time now. I haven't kept up with the latest, that's why I referred folks to LVBOB. He is actually part of that crew for a long time, and would have most of the answers y'all seek.

Mike

I take it you don't have an interest in trying to find another opening?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a million openings in the mountains around Kokoweef.

Here is a link to the Official Kokoweef Site:

KOKOWEEF.COM

I haven't done as much research on this story as I probably should have (because I believe it is an authentic story). A good buddy of mine got to know Earl Dorr's Nephew (I think) that lives in Colorado. He saw the gold that came from under Kokoweef and firmly believes in the story.

Mike

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a million openings in the mountains around Kokoweef.

Here is a link to the Official Kokoweef Site:

KOKOWEEF.COM

I haven't done as much research on this story as I probably should have (because I believe it is an authentic story). A good buddy of mine got to know Earl Dorr's Nephew (I think) that lives in Colorado. He saw the gold that came from under Kokoweef and firmly believes in the story.

Mike

Much thanks! Yeah, I went to the site in the past. I also PM LVBob, which was really good.

I suppose there are many openings. But do any lead to the river 3K feet below?
If the story is real, you don't care to try and discover the gold?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mountains around Kokoweef have been beaten up for a long time. Chunks are under claim. I don't really know why, but I just haven't spent a whole lot of time in those mountains looking. I have spent a decent amount of time researching the story, but this one just never grabbed me by the sack like Victorio Peak, Tumacacori, or the LDM.

Mike

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mountains around Kokoweef have been beaten up for a long time. Chunks are under claim. I don't really know why, but I just haven't spent a whole lot of time in those mountains looking. I have spent a decent amount of time researching the story, but this one just never grabbed me by the sack like Victorio Peak, Tumacacori, or the LDM.

Mike

Tumacacori is a good lead. Do you have good evidence gathered? This is my current project, and I think I have some additional good info gathered so far.

If you knew someone that had good info, and may know where it is located, would you go searching with them?

Drizzledrone

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
May 4, 2013
Las Vegas and Seattle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don’t think there is much doubt about Kokoweef’s credibility… and I think that the Nevada legend 30 miles east is connected. John D. Mitchell, well known author and prospector, met Riley Hatfield in 1901, in the mining camp of Crescent. He described Hatfield as a bearded “old timer” from North Carolina. Hatfield was not well and was on his way to Searchlight to see his doctor. They met up again in Searchlight and traveled together back to Crescent. That is when Hatfield told Mitchell about the underground river of gold he had discovered. According to Mitchell, Hatfield asked him to be his partner in the find. Mitchell said that he agreed to meet up with him in three weeks, to begin exploring the cavern. He never saw Hatfield again, but believed that it may have been Hatfield’s body that was found on the dry lakebed at Ivanpah, shot and killed. Hatfield had said that he found the cave on the east side of a small limestone hill, about fifty feet above the lake bed, northeast of the town of Nipton, California.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperpot,

I already have everything available to the public, and a crap-ton that is not. I have a very good idea of exactly where it MAY be. I have a good friend that lives year round in Tumacacori. He told me it is currently too dangerous to spend much time out in those mountains. The only people there are Border Patrol, Drug Mules, and American Bandits that rob the drug mules. At the confluence of Peck and Javelina Canyons is where Border Patrol Officer Bryan Terry was murdered in the gunfight with the Mexicans carrying those "Fast and Furious" illegally bought weapons.

I won't go out there till things cool down a bit. Too many other places to go without worrying about getting into a gunfight.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions