24k gold nugget carved into a strange looking kind of creature.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
DD-777, I see your avatar everytime I travel I-75 North, coming back from Florida. It's in Ohio. You should see it at night when the water fountains are going and the colored lights are on. Jesus rising up out of the Water, it is an AWESOME sight to see..... :angel8:...NGE

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
zzyzx7 said:
I found a "thing" out in the desert sand in a place where there shouldn't be anything at to be found. There is no logical reason for this to be where it was.... ...This figure has a face that looks like a jackal and a skull both at the same time and a body of a monkey maybe.

Its Maui Mike! :D :wink:

Attachments

• maui mike.jpg
    maui mike.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 2,297

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever hear of Chiness Opium weight or what is refered as goldminers jewellery.That could be and a pic would a good idea. Please give this newbie a couple more days to reply then you can feed him to wolves ;D ;D ;D

tp PS " remember the the rules of TN"

dex378

Dec 1, 2007
Foxboro, Massachussetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
zzyzx7 said:
I can only explain about what I found at the bottom of Arizona close to Bisbee. I found a "thing" out in the desert sand in a place where there shouldn't be anything at to be found. There is no logical reason for this to be where it was. At first, I thought that I had found a shinny brass object somebody had lost or threw out of their car as trash but I put it into my pocket and returned to Texas. A few days later I decided to have the gold and silver exchange test it for me and they did. They showed me it to be 24k nugget gold. Not just gold, but a nugget that was carved into a figure. This figure has a face that looks like a jackal and a skull both at the same time and a body of a monkey maybe. The length is 3 inches tall and 3/4 inches width. Its arms are at its side and its hands are cupped open together at its waist. Its legs are bowed open but the feet are both touching together, almost as if it were sitting down. There is no place on it for a chain so it could be worn around the neck. It has a tail that curves upwards and attaches to the back and then curves back out a little bit from there. The last people to have walked through there were probally the Spanish... I guess,...I don't know. Again, this "gold monkey" is 24k gold and it wasn't lost by no kid. I actually at first thought it was a toy and worth nothing at all.......... I have wondered if there might have been more there, maybe under the sand for instance but I haven't been back. Thanks for your input.

Was it wrapped in $100,000 bills when you found it?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish a moderator would nuke this post before it gets out of control

tinpan please seen to many like this before.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hrmmm... it all sounds pretty interesting!

Perhaps he stumbled onto this board, looking for answers?

(assuming said original poster is a 'he'...)

Perhaps he DID find (steal?!?) something in AZ.

Perhaps he was covering his retreat with misleading info, and was accually headed to CA and not TX.

Perhaps he saw the road sign near Barstow and thought to use it as his posting name.

Perhaps he's dead of a some Aztec curse and CAN'T respond!!!

Perhaps I should stop saying perhaps!

dex378

Dec 1, 2007
Foxboro, Massachussetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
airborne1092 said:
Hrmmm... it all sounds pretty interesting!

Perhaps he stumbled onto this board, looking for answers?

(assuming said original poster is a 'he'...)

Perhaps he DID find (steal?!?) something in AZ.

Perhaps he was covering his retreat with misleading info, and was accually headed to CA and not TX.

Perhaps he saw the road sign near Barstow and thought to use it as his posting name.

Perhaps he's dead of a some Aztec curse and CAN'T respond!!!

Perhaps I should stop saying perhaps!

Perhaps.

Staci (Fargo ND)

Aug 29, 2006
Fargo, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last active on Sept 19th... nope not dead! :D

Give us an update on this thing. If it's real, get a pic.

If it was an attempt at a joke, just say so and we can all just move on to other things...

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Having lived in this exact area for about the last 6 years.... there is NO PLACE there where nobody has been... illegal trash is everywhere, and places nobody goes is where they go to hide from agents looking for them. Too, I have been in most of those places also! LOL

Now, having said that... it is very possible that is was carried up from Central America or that it is native American. Also, gold is natural in this area.

BUT... unless this guy can post a picture, I am going call SHENANIGANS!

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Sounds like "hanuman", doubtful its nugget gold, if this guy did find one, most likely it`s brass.

My S.W.A.G. of the day.

Attachments

• hanuman.jpg
    hanuman.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,890

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be too quick to say there's nothing there. That's only about 40 miles before the exit to get to Kokoweef Peak.

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread