Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Those of us that have used the LRL's and have located what we were looking for are convinced of the fact that these devices do work as described.

Morons who delude themselves. Placebo effect, confirmation bias, science has a whole host of terms for the phenominon.

I wish I had a chance to get on 300 acres with an LRL and there was gold buried there.......it wouldn't be there long.

I am willing to give you that chance if you're a betting man and willing to put enough skin in the game to make it worth my time. I believe Karl also has his own standing challenge.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice choice of quotes, LM. The second one tells the whole story, "I wish ........" followed by a statement what would happen if he got his wish. Obviously knows exactly the same thing that you and I do. "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

The first quote is a little trickier to dismember at the joints. Used an LRL. Found something. No indication of a cause-and-effect relationship between those to alleged factoids, except...... here it comes...... "I am convinced of the fact that these devices do work as described". As described by the vendors thereof. Many different devices with no agreement among the vendors how they work for anything other than to cause customers to whip out the plastic card. The fact that Goldkey is "convinced" should persuade us of nothing other than what the vendors thereof already know: the world is full of people who are absolutely convinced about things they don't understand a damn thing about, but they made the mistake of committing and now the only fact that's relevant is that they're committed and evidence no longer matters.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I wish I had a chance to get on 300 acres with an LRL and there was gold buried there.......it wouldn't be there long.
A lot of people live in areas where there is not any Public land…Myself I live in a area that has miles and miles of public land…We know that with the stuff you manufacture you are use to search areas by the inch…It does not take a very good LRL to search ¾ of a mile and 30 foot deep…One square mile equals 440 acres…Art

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Art, love your avatar, what's the story behind the gold you have there?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don’t remember that photo..It is named Nevada gold.I have been a full time gold prospector since 1981...so I have found a lot of gold and I change the photo every few weeks
...Art

Last edited:

gianetics

Greenie
May 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i not going to read through this whole tread but ive read enough. im sorry to be a huge skeptic of all of this, but it is worthy of skepticism. i read about 3 silver coins being buried and found with 30 mins, or untold treasure that cannot be reveled here. or using a dousing rod finding goods 9/10 tries. im sure someone must have mentioned this:

Challenge Info

so if i had the "skill" to use a LRL why would i look for treasure when i can make a million bucks just demonstrating my skills.

daaveglance

Greenie
Jun 9, 2013
davao city
Detector(s) used
lrl rod/gold sticks.pendulom
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have area in the philipines davao at yamashita last widraw,,,,i think many times how to locate all object. in this area ,,,and i have 1 locator gadget invent.but i need more 1 locator to use...or any other idea.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Morons who delude themselves. Placebo effect, confirmation bias, science has a whole host of terms for the phenominon.
Just a simple reply would be OK......We don’t need your mental history

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnetic field detector with a twocore flux gate magnetometer for a d.c. permeameter
Patent US3209246 - Magnetic field detector with a twocore flux gate magnetometer for a d.c ... - Google Patents
This device is used to detect submarines in the bottom of the ocean with aircraft. If the Navy can do it so can we. The one that was on my fathers plane had a Diesel Gen set to power it though.
Blue prints are in the link for anyone interested in building something that was designed in 1961.
However for those who can not build there are some nice handhelds like
Earth Magnetometer Model EM2
http://www.trifield.com/content/earth-magnetometer-2/
Those of you who would like to see Three-Axis Magnetic Field Measurement: From Nanoteslas to 14 Tesla - See more at: http://www.magneticsmagazine.com/ma...-nanoteslas-to-14-tesla/#sthash.mmUyh5SY.dpuf

Applying Advanced Magnetic Technologies

GEM has focused on providing UXO contractors with systems that are effective for walking surveys, vehicular surveys and integration with EM instruments. Many new developments have occurred over the past several years – providing a window of opportunity to take advantage of new technologies from a leading R&D organization.
The Overhauser magnetometer / gradiometer is a proven instrument with sensitivity comparable to cesium systems — but at a fraction of the cost. Additionally, the GSM-19 comes equipped with Version 7 features, including lane guidance, automatic grid layout, Internet-based firmware upgrades, and more.
For vehicular surveys, GEM recently launched the world’s only commercial optically pumped Potassium magnetometer / gradiometer. The GSMP-40 delivers 20x per second sampling rates, 10x higher sensitivity than cesium, improved gradient tolerance, low heading error and Version 6 features described above.
You can configure both features with GPS according to your budget and desired resolution.
GEM users are also integrating EM with magnetics for comprehensive surveys. We would be happy to consult with you on any integration requirements that can assist you in completing your UXO project work more cost effectively.
http://www.gemsys.ca/applications/u...zEn7mnYGYDABJzM_OJq315ikavKfhA-GEcaAsC98P8HAQ
so here we have the ability to drive around and still find what we are looking for. These fine folks provide the equipment for the DOD.

Developments in Alkali-Metal Atomic Magnetometry
Scott Jeffrey Seltzer
We present a new method of polarizing the alkali atoms by modulating the optical pumping rate at both the linear and quadratic Zeeman resonance frequencies. We demonstrate experimentally that this method enhances the sensitivity of a potassium magnetometer operating in the Earth’s field by a factor of 4, and we calculate that it can reduce the orientation-dependent heading error to less than 0.1 nT.
http://physics.princeton.edu/atomic/romalis/papers/Seltzer Thesis.pdf

for those of you who would rather look at a screen than walk there are toys for you too.
A low-cost unmanned aerial vehicle with towed miniature atomic magnetometer
Recent work to reduce the SWaP and cost of magnetometers under SBIRs and commercial company Independent Research and Development (IR&D) funding has resulted in a vast improvement over the current production military and commercial systems, but still falls short of the optimum level for UAVs and in-water arrays and other remote sensor applications. All current atomic scalar magnetometers consist of a sensor head (or physics package) that senses the magnetic field and a control circuit module located some distance away to drive the sensor and convert the analog sensor signals to useable digital data. The separation between the sensor head and control module is required so the electro-magnetic effects of the circuit card(s) will not interfere with the measurements of the sensor and create additional noise. While a significant amount of work has been focused on improved performance of the sensor head, the control module has been neglected and is still a design with separate analog, digital, and discrete components. The control module is also the major source of power consumption for the overall system. This configuration is not optimal for current interests in unmanned systems, where size, power, and available volume are at a premium or other noise sources exist. For example, in a UAV or rotary wing platform there are many inherent noise sources such as motors, servos and avionics that can add noise to the magnetic measurements and thus reduce the effectiveness of the magnetometer. One possible solution for noise mitigation, borrowed from helicopter Magnetic Anomaly Detection (MAD) systems, is to tow the sensor in a non-magnetic tow body far enough away from the aircraft so that it no longer interferes with the sensor measurements. Current systems have multiple wires and transmit analog signals between the sensor and electronics which requires a fairly large cable and additionally the analog signals are susceptible to electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise. A fully integrated magnetometer would reduce the size and weight in such a tow cable by putting the control electronics in the towed body and also reduce the power required. Also, in remote sensor applications, this separation requires larger sensor packages to be developed which creates additional complications when deploying the systems. Solutions should provide innovative design concepts for a total field scalar magnetometer able to operate in all Earth's field orientations and magnitudes. Scalar in this usage defines a magnetometer that produces a total field magnetic measurement that is insensitive to motion of the sensor in the Earth's magnetic field, except for the atomic physics phenomena related to heading error. A vector magnetometer that only measures the magnetic field along a sensitive axis, or combinations of multiple vector magnetometers are not acceptable for this effort and will not be considered for this application. Vector magnetometer(s) in a moving platform cannot attain the noise level of a true scalar magnetometer due to motion induced measurement errors. SWaP and cost goals are driven by intended small platform applications, which in many cases are expendable systems. The cost objective should be less than $5,000 in small quantities with a goal of less than $2,000 in volume production (100 - 500 units/year). Proposed designs should be small. The target volume threshold is equal to or less than 400 cm3 with an objective of equal to or less than 100 cm3 for the complete magnetometer. Also low-power (< 5 Watt total threshold, <1 Watt objective), and low-weight (< 2 lb. total) are required. The primary use is in airborne applications. The noise floor threshold of the magnetometer should be equal to or less than 10 pT/rt Hz from 0.015 to 100 Hz with a objective of equal to or less than 2 pT/rt Hz from 0.015 to 20 Hz and a raw heading error of < 300 pT (threshold) and compensated heading error <10 pT
https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/396153

It seems that Princeton is hard at work for us THers.

Last edited:

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always amused by the slagging that dowsing instruments get. I communicate with a chap in Wales who is a brilliant dowser.
He map dowses on numerous occasions (and before you fall about laughing his fees are as much as a lot of guys earn in six months) for gold. His success rate is in the vicinity of 98%. That ain't no coincidence. The confirmation of his finds of water, gold and under-ground utility installations, are written in letters by engineers, and other clients, confirming what he has located whilst sitting at home in Wales while the engineer, for example, has confirmed the gold strike here in Oz, . And there are dozens more success stories like that.

So, guys, just be a little bit more patient at some of the more subtle things occurring in life. But I can understanding that that being intuitive or discerning is pretty hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What hate group are you a member of? I know the skeptics are a hateful bunch but you go way beyond that. I pray for you.
A closed mind is much like a closed fist. It's only purpose appears to bring pain and suffering to various parties.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you're not in charge and I think we can safely assume based on your kook 'beliefs' in a complete hoax device that you won't ever find yourself in charge of anything consequential. In the meantime, while I no longer have any interest in debating absurd beliefs with equally absurd believers, there is a modest duty to inform potentially interested parties that LRL is not credible. Its hokum supreme and the people who promote it as credible are irrational, deluded and most likely of profoundly below average intelligence.

Sorry.

LM, Signal isn't a mod but I am. You know our rules and you have 2 choices, stop the insults and attacks now or find you can no longer post at all for a long time.

This forum is Long Range Locator forum, you don't have to believe in it but you do have to post by our rules and treat all members with respect.

Sunrise, we are a family friendly forum, post accordingly...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Treasure Hunter, I stand corrected. You are correct.

However, I still find it difficult dealing with creatures who have zero tolerance or respect for anything only slightly to the left of Genghis Khan!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some real-time info for the nay-sayers of dowsing for various sites and wrecks and stuff.

Gold Exploration Professional Consultant Service

Check out his other skills also. They are very enlightening.

I checked out this site. Sounds good, but not one picture, or other actual proof of success.

No offense, but a web site like that can be created from thin air in an afternoon.

littlewheaty

Dec 7, 2014
missouri
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ace 250, at-pro, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was back in march. The mod is just now seeing this

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was back in march. The mod is just now seeing this

There at over 4 million posts on TN, over 14,500 new posts just since New Years Day and 5 mods.... Thread was reported.....

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, before I start I will say I didnt read every post on this thread so someone may have said what I am about to recommend. Also, not sure if the original question was a hypothetical but my answer might be easier than attempting to use a detector....
I would use a probing rod. It wouldnt have to be 8 foot long either. If there was a spot that was unusually soft it would be a good indication it had been dug. Even after many years a ditch line will remain soft. Now if these chests have been there 500 yrs it may be different
I have also used a witching sticks made out of coat hangers to find drains and wires before. Maybe that would work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread