Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Almost all detector dealers charge a 10% restocking fee if merchandise is returned. It doesn't matter whether it is a metal detector,accessories or other equipment. This is standard practice among detector dealers. If you exchange for another model, they may wave the 10% restocking fee. Anyway, it is not a bad deal, if you are a newby trying to find a machine that you are comfortable with, before shelling out a grand or more on a machine that you either don't understand or can't use. It is to me, the lesser of the two investments. In most cases, the dealer realizes this, and will wave the restocking fee in order to sell a more expensive machine. In 5 or 7 days, anyone should have a reasonable idea whether a machine, no matter what type, is satisfactory. Most will give you 30 days to evaluate a detector or LRL. Ask your appliance, computer, automobile or other manufacturer to do this, ha ha. You will not even get a 5 or 7 day period to evauate your purchase. You may get a predetermined amount of time to return it, but I doubt you will get off scott free. I don't know how many LRl's or metal detectors you have bought, and I don't care too, but I wouold bet you have made many bad decisions along the way, which would have saved you a bunch of money, if you had just paid the restocking fee. I myself, have not had to pay the restocking fee, but I would have eagerly, had I made a bad choice in buying a detector or LRL. Good Luck. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Most LRL dealers only have a seven day trial period. Is that ample time to see if the gimmick can actually find a large buried treasure? No, of course not. The average Joe works during the week, so now the free trial is just two days. Two days to find what some have spent a lifetime doing. Holy crap. The restocking fee varies, but my closest LRL manufacturer/dealer charges 20%. So....if you do manage to return your $1,800 gimmick within the seven day trial period, you are going to shell out $360 for that two day experience.
Just more excuse from people with a flawed Belief System….Art

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't know why I even get involved in these arguments to begin with. I don't sell or endorse(get a royalty) fom any manufacturers, so I should care less how you spend your money or on what. All I was trying to do was to relay my experiences with LRL's. Having said that, I will bow out of these arguments,as I have more important things to do than argue about whether a specifc metal detector or LRL,dowsing instrument or whatever works. I don't have anything to prove so I will say to each his own. Good Luck and happy hunting, with whatever works for you. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't know why I even get involved in these arguments to begin with. I don't sell or endorse(get a royalty) fom any manufacturers, so I should care less how you spend your money or on what. All I was trying to do was to relay my experiences with LRL's. Having said that, I will bow out of these arguments,as I have more important things to do than argue about whether a specifc metal detector or LRL,dowsing instrument or whatever works. I don't have anything to prove so I will say to each his own. Good Luck and happy hunting, with whatever works for you. Rockhound
I happen to agree with you….I will use any and all tools to find treasure. It’s my money and I am the one that makes the decisions. Good luck and happy hunting to you…Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
I am the only Frequency Discrimination LRL manufacturer on this forum and I don't know squat about electronics. I hire an EE for electronic advice, and to build the circuits for me. A member of SWR's own profession.
What about the junk LRL dealers? Aren't they members of your own profession?

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
Dell Winders said:
I am the only Frequency Discrimination LRL manufacturer on this forum and I don't know squat about electronics. I hire an EE for electronic advice, and to build the circuits for me. A member of SWR's own profession.

Dell

You know Dell, you are always trying to draw a line in the sand between what you are doing as an LRL seller and the rest of the LRL dealer/sellers. I suppose you do that so you can somehow feel like you are disconnected from any responsibility for what your EE puts in your do-nothing box, as opposed to what the EE that works for Bob Fitz' puts in his contraptions.

Then, in this posting you say you don't know squat about electronics (which of course is a very true statement), so you hire an EE to build the stuff you are selling. I fail to see how that is any different from any of the other LRL dealer/mfgr/sellers.

If you don't know anything about electronics, how do you know what the little 3" length of PVC is doing when you place something in it and tell the customer that they can locate similar materials or objects. Maybe there's no electronics involved, and it's just voodoo or magic. Which is it? a) voodoo, b) magic, c) electronics or d) it's a gimmick that has nothing to do with anything.

Incidentally, did you employ an EE or your neighborhood plumber when you developed the length of PVC pipe?

:laughing7:

BTW, if you'd really like to delineate yourself from the rest of the LRL mfgr/dealer/sellers, why don't you brag on the fact that, among all of them, you are the only one that comes on a public forum to plug your wares. That's fine if Tnet doesn't care if you do that, but then you should expect to answer fair questions put to you; and not get all bent out of shape and resort to your childish name-calling routine.

Dell has spewed; "bitter, vengeful, vindictive, or prejudice", "the Skeptics from mocking, ranting, and calling foul", "nonsensical mockery, bashing, and argument".... etc. etc. I could go on, but there is a limit to how long a single posting can be.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Af, what to heck are you ranting about now. I have no idea what you are talking about.

For 35 years my profession has been Marine salvage, and Treasure hunting. Before that my profession was animal trainer, and producer of Aquatic shows.

Where do you think you are going with stupid questioning? Dell
Stupid questioning, eh??

Your words - I am the only Frequency Discrimination LRL manufacturer on this forum and I don't know squat about electronics. I hire an EE for electronic advice, and to build the circuits for me. A member of SWR's own profession. Here, you are drawing a link between SWR and the people that built your machines. Why did you feel the need to point this out? Knowing your history here, you wanted to create this similarity as a way of saying that SWR should know exactly what's going on with your devices.

My comment - "What about the junk LRL dealers? Aren't they members of your own profession?" By writing this, I was commenting on the fact that, if you believe SWR is the type of EE that would build one of your devices and accept payment for this, then surely you must believe you belong in the same group of salespeople that you've talked badly about in the past.

It's named "Calling a Spade a Spade" or, if you prefer, "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black." If you want to define SWR by his profession, then it's only fair that we do the same with you....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Fine. My profession has been stated and restated hundreds of times. I have been a Professional Treasure hunter/ Salvor, for the past 35 years.

Now, get a life of your own that doesn't involve me. Dell
So you don't claim your business as an LRL/MFD salesman??

O

Old Silver

Old Silver said:
Ted Groves said:
SWR said:
Even at the 10% "restocking fee" you would be getting gouged for an empty plastic box :duckie:

Absolutely you are. The "restocking fee" is ALWAYS geared so the LRL dealer breaks even on what he has in the gimmick. Then, he can turn around and sell it to the next "gullible" and clear 100% profit.

The "restocking fee" AND the "shipping and handling fee" is as much a gimmick as the do-nothing device itself.

Is your experience in charging this fee, or paying it?

Ted Groves said:
Yes, that would be a REAL wake-up call. :D And, let's hope your wife doesn't find out how you spent that 14 bucks. ;D

When you get better at leading your own household, come back and talk to the menfolk.

Are we afraid to answer?

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
Old Silver said:
Old Silver said:
Ted Groves said:
SWR said:
Even at the 10% "restocking fee" you would be getting gouged for an empty plastic box :duckie:

Absolutely you are. The "restocking fee" is ALWAYS geared so the LRL dealer breaks even on what he has in the gimmick. Then, he can turn around and sell it to the next "gullible" and clear 100% profit.

The "restocking fee" AND the "shipping and handling fee" is as much a gimmick as the do-nothing device itself.

Is your experience in charging this fee, or paying it?

Ted Groves said:
Yes, that would be a REAL wake-up call. :D And, let's hope your wife doesn't find out how you spent that 14 bucks. ;D

When you get better at leading your own household, come back and talk to the menfolk.

Are we afraid to answer?

:laughing7:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
af1733 said:
Dell Winders said:
Fine. My profession has been stated and restated hundreds of times. I have been a Professional Treasure hunter/ Salvor, for the past 35 years.

Are we afraid to answer??

O

Old Silver

af1733 said:
af1733 said:
Dell Winders said:

Are we afraid to answer??

af, it seems to do no good asking that question of those who are afraid.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dell…At this stage of developments on this board they have nothing to talk about except for their Scam Rumors. Every one of their other theories or their so called Logical comments have been proven to be False. They do not have a leg to stand on. Yet they seem to keep on spewing their vile thoughts to every one who dares to post any thing here. I am having fun watching how their whole plan has fell apart. I even think that they are having an eternal fight about just who should be their leader. .Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Dell…At this stage of developments on this board they have nothing to talk about except for their Scam Rumors. Every one of their other theories or their so called Logical comments have been proven to be False. They do not have a leg to stand on. Yet they seem to keep on spewing their vile thoughts to every one who dares to post any thing here. I am having fun watching how their whole plan has fell apart. I even think that they are having an eternal fight about just who should be their leader. .Art
Every one of their other theories or their so called Logical comments have been proven to be False. You've still never shown me even a single instance of this, Art. Where are they??

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
aarthrj3811 said:

After being here and also in the 'other' forum talking about LRLs for years and even providing scientific evidence on why many of them work and under what basis, I can see that only two options are left to explain why skeptics still hang around trying to fight the LRLers back.

Either they are paid by conventional MD orgs in an attempt to stop spreading the word that LRLs do work, risking ruining their business (which is silly as technology, truth and knowledge sharing can't be stoped) or... they are just masochists who even after witnessing personal experiences of many people having sucess with them, just rather look the other way like autists who despite being told about the scientific evidences behind it, choose to use taps in their eyes.

Humm.. maybe another possibility?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
hung said:
aarthrj3811 said:

After being here and also in the 'other' forum talking about LRLs for years and even providing scientific evidence on why many of them work and under what basis, I can see that only two options are left to explain why skeptics still hang around trying to fight the LRLers back.

Either they are paid by conventional MD orgs in an attempt to stop spreading the word that LRLs do work, risking ruining their business (which is silly as technology, truth and knowledge sharing can't be stoped) or... they are just masochists who even after witnessing personal experiences of many people having sucess with them, just rather look the other way like autists who despite being told about the scientific evidences behind it, choose to use taps in their eyes.

Again, I'll ask you, where is the proof that the skeptics here are paid by metal detector companies? I've ask this of you before, but you seemingly ignored it.....

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
af1733 said:
hung said:
aarthrj3811 said:

Again, I'll ask you, where is the proof that the skeptics here are paid by metal detector companies? I've ask this of you before, but you seemingly ignored it.....

I have no proof. It's just an assumption as I said. But as Dell said above, Carl finally got his dream job working at some MD corp after years of attacks against LRLs. Concidence?

Either way, any attempt to supress or twist LRL subjects will not work. It's like trying to hold a Scania Truck move with your own hands. Progress and technology just can't be stoped. I predict that maybe in ten years MD corps will be building these toys only for kids in the beach. With the present concept they will not pass the 10 inches depth for a coin. Or... they will build a 10 feet diameter coil so the whole family join TH together... :hello2:
Regards.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
OK AF…..I would like to know why you people have been bothering us for the past 10 years that I have been on T-Net? It is not logical the humans would bother to make up so many illogical facts to post on a web site. All 4 of you (may be only 3 as I am still not sure of one of them) spew the same party line. You all point us to one web site as proof of what you say.
We in turn have posted real facts and the web sites where they can be found and proved that every one of you post are just plain old false hoods.
I started a threads that would help people who are thinking about buying a LRL or MFD. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,285498.0.html Any one can read that thread and see exactly what you are trying to do.
I also started a thread called For Those That Have Been Scammed….http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,289950.300.html and you guys have tried to make it your personal play grounds.
All this time you are trying to tell every one that all you want to do protect them from the bad people who YOU CLAIM are out to scam them…
The posts on those two web pages prove that you intent is not to protect T-Net members. You are only here to stop the flow of information to T-Net members. There can be no other explanation…Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
hung said:
Progress and technology just can't be stoped(sic).

What a laugh. :laughing9:

To see progress in a technology, first there would have to be a technology to progress.

Currently, Hung, your wish science and pseudoscientific baloney shows no sign of being related to a real technology, hence there can be no progress.

Give it up, Hung. You have lost the battle, and have yourself been debunkered. <-- Your bogus term not mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread