Those that have been scammed..

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Yammy Elf said:
EddieR said:
Yammy Elf said:
EddieR said:
Nope...that answer doesn't apply here. If you take the time to read some of the feedback.... ::)...you will see reports of people that are finding things.
Now back to the original question....without the fancy footwork (sidestepping) to get answer: What about the reports that the device worked?

Simple question.

I think the guy who left feedback saying he found a 1937 wheat penny one-foot deep was hilarious. :thumbsup:
No more hilarious than seeing the "skeptic shuffle" performed . Because the fact of the matter is....the feedback stated that something was found with the device.

Now if the skeptics reasoning is this: Some people have bought these devices and reported that they did not find anything, so they must not work.

Well, if your reasoning is deduced by that scenario, then why not: Some people have bought these devices and found things, so they must work. After all, the reports are there to be read.

Shuffle-time!! :wink:

I said it was hilarious, Eddie. That means I found it funny. Period.

I sure wish you unconventional loyalist would stop trying to microanalyses everything someone says that does not glorify the usage of your magical dowsing wand :stop:

The reason that I believe in the "unconventional magical dowsing wand" is because I used one to find my wedding band when I lost it. I lost it in a field. I had no idea where to start looking, as I had been working for almost an hour when I realized it was missing from my finger. And yet, in less than 5 minutes, it was back on my finger. It's kinda hard for me to NOT believe that when I experienced it myself.

Now, do I believe that they work every time? I don't know. But with that said, I don't find something every time I go metal detecting even though detectors are known to work.

Now...the question remains. Once again, it wasn't answered. What about all the reports of things being found with these devices? I suppose we could claim that all these people who claim to have found something are just delusional. But to be fair, then we must claim that all people who say these devices don't work are delusional too.

Just in the order of fairness, of course :wink:.

I can only speak of my experiences with the LRL. I had success, but maybe it was because I was wearing tennis shoes.

I might have found my ring in less than a minute if I had put peanut butter on my shoes! ;D :wink: :D

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
To the best of my knowledge, Carl works for Whites Electronics and has scores....no, make that scads of credibility when it comes to calling out bunk circuitry. If you want to point fingers...try pointing at the person with a sixth grade education pretending to be a respected electronics engineer.

Very interesting....Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Yammy Elf said:
EddieR said:
The reason that I believe in the "unconventional magical dowsing wand" is because I used one to find my wedding band when I lost it. I lost it in a field. I had no idea where to start looking, as I had been working for almost an hour when I realized it was missing from my finger. And yet, in less than 5 minutes, it was back on my finger. It's kinda hard for me to NOT believe that when I experienced it myself.

Now, do I believe that they work every time? I don't know. But with that said, I don't find something every time I go metal detecting even though detectors are known to work.

Now...the question remains. Once again, it wasn't answered. What about all the reports of things being found with these devices? I suppose we could claim that all these people who claim to have found something are just delusional. But to be fair, then we must claim that all people who say these devices don't work are delusional too.

Just in the order of fairness, of course :wink:.

I can only speak of my experiences with the LRL. I had success, but maybe it was because I was wearing tennis shoes.

I might have found my ring in less than a minute if I had put peanut butter on my shoes! ;D :wink: :D

What kind of LRL did you utilize to find your lost wedding band?

Was it an LRL of an electronic design...or the more popular bent L-Rod or Y-shaped branch?

It was an electronic LRL...a Lectrasearch. Could I have used coat hangers or a forked stick? Probably. But the fact remains....I used a LRL. And I walked straight to my ring. :icon_thumleft:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Nope...that answer doesn't apply here. If you take the time to read some of the feedback.... ::)...you will see reports of people that are finding things.

OK, I looked through all the feedback... I found 2 with definitive "I found something"... one a penny, and another 3 nuggets. A third person may have found a ring. There were 7 who said the product didn't work or requested a refund. The remaining 169 were mundane "Got it!" and "Great seller!" types that are typical of a successful transaction.

Now back to the original question....without the fancy footwork (sidestepping) to get answer: What about the reports that the device worked?

Over the years I have repeatedly said that folks who dowse -- and by extension, folks who use LRLs -- sometimes find things. Water dowsers are the most successful, but that's because water is difficult not to find. If I sold water dowsing rods, I could probably show a slew of success stories. Folks who use LRLs, and back them up with a good metal detector, also sometimes find things. I don't deny that, at all. So, sure, you will occasionally see someone who says, "I bought a Super Range LRL and found a gold ring with it!" But when the Super Range LRL is objectively tested, does it really work?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders said:
An indoor test is usually sufficient for a customer to learn if the LRL is going to be satisfactory for their personal application, and use.

Can you give an example of an reasonable indoor test?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
Tom in CA has developed an excellent expiriment that has yet to be attempted. Take an old tennis shoe and smear it in peanut butter. Close your eyes and toss that shoe into the air. Where it lands, break out the detector and try to "pinpoint" what the tennis shoe is trying to tell you is buried there. If you believe that an LRL can do then, then you might as well save a few bucks and try the shoe idea.

Actually, I did do this test, and posted about it here:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,119470.0/all.html

OK, I used tennis balls, and didn't smear them with peanut butter. But I got the same results as an LRL user did.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
It was an electronic LRL...a Lectrasearch. Could I have used coat hangers or a forked stick? Probably. But the fact remains....I used a LRL. And I walked straight to my ring. :icon_thumleft:

You admit that you could have found the ring without the LRL, but still attribute the find to the LRL? Hmmm... OK...

So do you still have the Lectra Search? Which model?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Carl...Can you explain the differnce between testing on known targets and BENCH TESTING a Metal Detector?...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey Carl...Can you explain the differnce between testing on known targets and BENCH TESTING a Metal Detector?...Art

Sorry, need a little clarity in order to answer...

Are you talking about bench-testing a metal detector, versus testing an LRL on a known target?

If so, with the LRL, are you talking about testing on a known target that is entirely visible, or testing on a target that is known, but hidden in a randomized, double-blind fashion?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thats OK Carl...I know I got some people to look up bench testing.....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't really want an answer, do you?

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Well....I didn't think it could happen, but some of the skeptics can twist a guys words around even better than my wife can :laughing7:.

You claim to want proof...and yet when I tell you the LRL worked for me, you casually dismiss it with a wave of your hand.

Carl, above you seemed to imply something about my earlier post....twisting the meaning of my words around. I said that I probably could have used dowsing methods to find my ring. I wrote that in reply to a question that was asked of me. Then you say "but you still attribute the success to a LRL". Well duh....that's what I used to find it. What was I supposed to say? I also could have gridded the entire field off and walked it using tiny steps and possibly found my ring with my eyes. Or I could have used a metal detector. I could have done a lot of things but the fact remains...I used a LRL.

Now once again.....if people are finding things with LRL's, how can a person with even a tiny little smidgen of intelligence claim that they don't work?

Oh....I guess we are all just liars, right?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Now once again.....if people are finding things with LRL's, how can a person with even a tiny little smidgen of intelligence claim that they don't work?

I was told one time that a blind man could get out of his car and find as much gold as I....You do know THAT RANDON CHANCE is the only reason anyone is able to find anything with the rods...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:

I don't even pretend they are liars. As I've said before (many many times now), I don't doubt that people who use LRLs have found things. But even though that's the case, there are reasons to claim LRLs don't really work. As with astrology, psychics, and voodoo, you don't have to have a 100% failure rate to determine they're bogus. Simple statistical odds say that these things will occasionally have a hit.

Do you still have the Lectra Search?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Sim
ple statistical odds say that these things will occasionally have a hit.

What has the fact that LRLs will locate gold have to with Statistical odds????Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Sim
ple statistical odds say that these things will occasionally have a hit.

What has the fact that LRLs will locate gold have to with Statistical odds????Art
This has been explained to you multiple times Art, but it's apparent you still can't "do the math," so to speak.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Carl-NC said:
EddieR said:

I don't even pretend they are liars. As I've said before (many many times now), I don't doubt that people who use LRLs have found things. But even though that's the case, there are reasons to claim LRLs don't really work. As with astrology, psychics, and voodoo, you don't have to have a 100% failure rate to determine they're bogus. Simple statistical odds say that these things will occasionally have a hit.

Do you still have the Lectra Search?

Yes. I still have the Lectra Search. I'm not sure of the model number right off hand....I'm at work and my Lectra is at home. It's the model with a double antenna on the front.

As far as some of the examples given so far about why LRL's don't work....it's been stated that they do not have to work 100% of the time to determine they're bogus. So in essence, what you are saying is that even if they only work part of time they still don't work? :icon_scratch:

Geez...I went metal detecting with a buddy the other day. He was using a White's detector and I was using a little chinese 1023....and I whipped him 25 ways to Sunday in finds. So following the "logic" that has been stated above, I guess White's detectors don't work, right?

Now we all know that White's machines DO work, and work well. So that logic is flawed.

Big time.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have been around for a while...I know most of the Skeptics ways of doing things....I have been called names and belittle by these people…I went to San Francisco to see a guy demonstrate his Examiner for Carl…Carl was a no show. I went to Nevada to a demonstration Carl had set up. Again Carl was a no show but this time his goon squad was there and totally made A…… of them selves.

I own a Ranger Tell and a Range Master …The both work as the manufactures claim….I also have a Si-Go…It has been on Carls list for many years but he has not checked it out. I know that when Carl checks it his report will be the same old BS….

We tested my Si-Go and a Knock off of Dells LRL over in Utah. They both had signal lines that when marked lead to the same spots. We dug our gold bar and went home…Both units work just fine except when Carl tests them.

Carls Web site is the source of information for Skeptics…That is where they learn how to disrupt good, hard working people from enjoying their hobbies. I would like to help people who are having trouble using these devices so they to can enjoy their hobby.

Are there LRL’s out there that don’t work? I don’t know…The only thing I can say is that of the seven I have used they all found gold. Some are just a little better than others. The Skeptics have problems with Freq. and the only thing I know about as there quit a few the will locate gold. Some have less problems than others.

About Photo’s of my Ranger Tell….I will not put them on here because every photo I put on T-Net gets the same child like comments from the skeptics…Beside that, at this time it is working better than it ever has and I don’t want to move that Calculator to split the covers. Why is it working better…. It could be that I remounted the Calculator a few months ago or the new Mathematical Calculations’ I received from Ranger Tell….

Yes ..I can Dowse, I can operate a LRL and also can Map Dowse….I am not the only one that can do these things. My methods may seem strange to some people but guess what…I don’t care and will keep putting my methods on this forum…The only thing I can tell any one is how things work for me.

The only person that I to prove anything to is myself….Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Yes. I still have the Lectra Search. I'm not sure of the model number right off hand....I'm at work and my Lectra is at home. It's the model with a double antenna on the front.

Probably a model X-100. I have one of those. Ever looked inside to see how it's made?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread