Those that have been scammed..

K

Kentucky Kache

How about the Treasure Tracker? It was shown to work.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Yammy Elf said:
aarthrj3811 said:
If what these Skeptics are saying there must be thousands upon thousands of people out there that have been scammed by these sellers of bogus equipment….I would like to hear your story…Art

The fellow on eBay seems upset with his gizmo. He left this negative Feedback on the LRL manufactures profile:

SEARCH GOOGLE FOR RANGERTELL,BIG SCAM$5CALCULATOR AND A PLASTIC BOX FRAUD SELLER

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

To be fair I did check this out...and yep, the buyer was unhappy. BUT...did you see the PAGES of satisfied customers that said the unit WORKED? Holy geez...the skeptic just shot his foot clean off! :D :D

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Yammy …I know nothing about that scam…Ranger Tell gives you 5 days to get the thing back into the mail….I returned my first one to Ranger tell as it would not work.. The Calculator had gotten moved during shipment. If that guy got scammed it was his own fault… Art

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I myself have never been scammed by these con artists, as simple physics tells me they can't possibly work. However, I would suspect that human nature would dictate that those who are gullible enough to buy such a device would be too embarrassed to admit it..... which is a healthy part of the reason these scammers stay in business.

P.T. Barnum was absolutely correct!

So I wouldn't expect a whole lotta serious responses to this post. Excepting of course, those who would point to the lack of responses as proof positive that these things actually work........ :thumbsup:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Yammy Elf said:
aarthrj3811 said:
If what these Skeptics are saying there must be thousands upon thousands of people out there that have been scammed by these sellers of bogus equipment….I would like to hear your story…Art

The fellow on eBay seems upset with his gizmo. He left this negative Feedback on the LRL manufactures profile:

SEARCH GOOGLE FOR RANGERTELL,BIG SCAM$5CALCULATOR AND A PLASTIC BOX FRAUD SELLER

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBay...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

But what about all the satisfied customers? What about the feedback that states the device worked? How can that be explained if the device is hokey and doesn't work? I'm just curious how this can be explained..... :dontknow:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey EddieR…..I recently worked with a guy who bought a new Ranger Tell…I don’t know where he got my e-mail address but we exchanged many e-mails…The last time I talked to him he was happy…Their instruction need a little help but once you learn how to read Australian it is a little better( the kings English)..Art

Quark

Apr 8, 2009
Pacific NW
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Those (who) have been scammed...

The lack of responses with direct experience isn't surprising. Most people are unwilling to admit they made a bad decision (if for them it was), even on a forum where ones identity isn't widely known, (or known at all).

I'm not rendering an opinion on LRLs here. My point is if there's little or no response to the request, it isn't indicative either way. Interestingly, that seems to be the common theme when it comes to LRLs. :wink:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This guy said "I was unable to get detector to work but did get most of my money back"...good return policy...get most of your money back. The gimmick only cost $10 max to build. How much of that $600 or $700 the guy spent was returned, I wonder...to cover the $10 product.

You have been to Carls web site again….The Calculator will cost less than $40.00, The antenna will be another $5 bucks. Now to have the 3 piece case made is probably less than a dollar but…that is if you don’t have to have your own mold…That is going to cost you a minimum of $100,000.00 to 1/2 million dollars. Being in Business is free???…Art

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
I myself have never been scammed by these con artists, as simple physics tells me they can't possibly work. However, I would suspect that human nature would dictate that those who are gullible enough to buy such a device would be too embarrassed to admit it..... which is a healthy part of the reason these scammers stay in business.

P.T. Barnum was absolutely correct!
So I wouldn't expect a whole lotta serious responses to this post. Excepting of course, those who would point to the lack of responses as proof positive that these things actually work........ :thumbsup:

If you're talking about that comment, " There's a fool born every minute." P.T. Barnum was asked about that statement once and he said that he NEVER said that; but he sure wished he had.

As far as LRL's go; I imagine that if the operator doesn't believe they'll work, they probably won't. Just like dowsing with L-rods and pendulums; so maybe it was "operator error" with those malcontents.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
EddieR said:
Yammy Elf said:
aarthrj3811 said:

To be fair I did check this out...and yep, the buyer was unhappy. BUT...did you see the PAGES of satisfied customers that said the unit WORKED? Holy geez...the skeptic just shot his foot clean off! :D :D

Better get that leg bandaged up! ;D

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders said:
Not an excuse! Most LRL's can be tested indoors. Dell

Hmmm... I thought this kind of test was not appropriate... absolutely has to be in real field conditions, on unknown targets, or it's invalid. Who keeps telling me this?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
But what about all the satisfied customers? What about the feedback that states the device worked? How can that be explained if the device is hokey and doesn't work? I'm just curious how this can be explained..... :dontknow:

Ebay feedback is usually based on "I received the product and everything seems to be OK." This is not to say that the buyer has used the product and found gold. I've been contacted by several buyers of this device long after the auction, after their many failures prompted them to dig a little deeper for information and they ran across my web site. Every one of them had given positive feedback. Not a single one believed it any longer. One of them sent me his unit for free.

Dowsing-based LRLs have a nice little feature I call "Time-Delayed Reality." When you first get your LRL, you'll toss out a few visible targets, and the unit will seem to respond. You'll feel that little "tug" and you'll be absolutely convinced it really works. But after a while, after countless field failures, most folks come to the reality that it just don't work. Sometimes this happens quickly, sometimes it takes years. But it's always longer than the eBay feedback deadline.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
You have been to Carls web site again….The Calculator will cost less than $40.00, The antenna will be another $5 bucks. Now to have the 3 piece case made is probably less than a dollar but…that is if you don’t have to have your own mold…That is going to cost you a minimum of $100,000.00 to 1/2 million dollars. Being in Business is free???…Art

Actually, the calculator is $5, the antenna about $2, and the case is an off-the-shelf variety, $5 or so. I'd give the whole thing about $25 in material cost.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Carl-NC said:
EddieR said:

Ebay feedback is usually based on "I received the product and everything seems to be OK." This is not to say that the buyer has used the product and found gold. I've been contacted by several buyers of this device long after the auction, after their many failures prompted them to dig a little deeper for information and they ran across my web site. Every one of them had given positive feedback. Not a single one believed it any longer. One of them sent me his unit for free.

Dowsing-based LRLs have a nice little feature I call "Time-Delayed Reality." When you first get your LRL, you'll toss out a few visible targets, and the unit will seem to respond. You'll feel that little "tug" and you'll be absolutely convinced it really works. But after a while, after countless field failures, most folks come to the reality that it just don't work. Sometimes this happens quickly, sometimes it takes years. But it's always longer than the eBay feedback deadline.

Nope...that answer doesn't apply here. If you take the time to read some of the feedback.... ::)...you will see reports of people that are finding things.
Now back to the original question....without the fancy footwork (sidestepping) to get answer: What about the reports that the device worked?

Simple question.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Yammy Elf said:
Dell Winders said:
Af, I notice you chose to post a link on this forum in support of someone anonymous that refers to Dell Winders, & Tim Williams as scammers, and that our customers are suckers. Do you wish to back up that allegation with proof, or do you wish to retract it and apologize?

Dell

Af supplied data requested by the OP. If you have a problem with what someone else on another website says about you and your products...you should really take it up with them.

Good job Af on supplying on-topic data!
Thanks Yammy!

Honestly, I couldn't even open and read the site from where I was at the time, but the leading information in Google seemed to be exactly what Art was requesting.

Dell,
If you have a problem with what was written there, then you might want to take it up with the site administrator. I have no idea what was written in reference to you, as all I did was post a link. I've never seen it written anywhere that a person posting a link has to provide proof as to what has been written on the site the link points to. It sounds like someone there doesn't think too highly of you, Dell, but the person you should really be upset with is Art. He's the one who wanted this information. Honestly, it sounds like whatever was written on the site was an opinion, which requires no apologies, retractions or proof of any kind.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Yammy Elf said:
EddieR said:
Nope...that answer doesn't apply here. If you take the time to read some of the feedback.... ::)...you will see reports of people that are finding things.
Now back to the original question....without the fancy footwork (sidestepping) to get answer: What about the reports that the device worked?

Simple question.

I think the guy who left feedback saying he found a 1937 wheat penny one-foot deep was hilarious. :thumbsup:
No more hilarious than seeing the "skeptic shuffle" performed . Because the fact of the matter is....the feedback stated that something was found with the device.

Now if the skeptics reasoning is this: Some people have bought these devices and reported that they did not find anything, so they must not work.

Well, if your reasoning is deduced by that scenario, then why not: Some people have bought these devices and found things, so they must work. After all, the reports are there to be read.

Shuffle-time!! :wink:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
EddieR said:
Yammy Elf said:
EddieR said:

Simple question.

I think the guy who left feedback saying he found a 1937 wheat penny one-foot deep was hilarious. :thumbsup:
No more hilarious than seeing the "skeptic shuffle" performed . Because the fact of the matter is....the feedback stated that something was found with the device.

Now if the skeptics reasoning is this: Some people have bought these devices and reported that they did not find anything, so they must not work.

Well, if your reasoning is deduced by that scenario, then why not: Some people have bought these devices and found things, so they must work. After all, the reports are there to be read.

Shuffle-time!! :wink:
No doubt items have been found, but do you know how they were found? Have you bothererd to think about the use of an LRL as it relates to an actual find? It's a matter of thinking the LRL has pointed you to the base of a nice old tree, and then breaking out the metal detector to "pinpoint" your target. :laughing7:

Tom in CA has developed an excellent expiriment that has yet to be attempted. Take an old tennis shoe and smear it in peanut butter. Close your eyes and toss that shoe into the air. Where it lands, break out the detector and try to "pinpoint" what the tennis shoe is trying to tell you is buried there. If you believe that an LRL can do then, then you might as well save a few bucks and try the shoe idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread