My Movie

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
OK Dave…..We are going to try to make a video Thursday or Friday if the weather cooperates.
This will not be a real treasure hunt because I don’t think we are up to that task. This will be the same type demonstration that I do for every one that stops by. I will use both hands so you will clearly see that I am not moving the Ranger Tell. This makes for a slower swing but will still works. My wife will place the 4 objects under the four Easter Egg halves while I am the back part of the house. . I will find the gold ring and the silver ½ dollar. I will locate the ring first and then the camera will be shut off so I can reset the Ranger Tell. Then I will locate the Silver coin.. I am trying to keep this movie as short as possible so I can put it on the internet as easy as possible. This will show that it discriminates between metals and will find the right one….I sure hope I can do this…Art

Attachments

• 100_0001.jpg
    100_0001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,020

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
aarthrj3811 said:
OK Dave…..We are going to try to make a video Thursday or Friday if the weather cooperates.
This will not be a real treasure hunt because I don’t think we are up to that task. This will be the same type demonstration that I do for every one that stops by. I will use both hands so you will clearly see that I am not moving the Ranger Tell. This makes for a slower swing but will still works. My wife will place the 4 objects under the four Easter Egg halves while I am the back part of the house. . I will find the gold ring and the silver ½ dollar. I will locate the ring first and then the camera will be shut off so I can reset the Ranger Tell. Then I will locate the Silver coin.. I am trying to keep this movie as short as possible so I can put it on the internet as easy as possible. This will show that it discriminates between metals and will find the right one….I sure hope I can do this…Art

The camera should be running continuously from the start of the demo (as she hides the target) to you finding it. If you shut it off somewhere in the middle and then you find the target; don't bother, it will be a waste of time and energy.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The camera should be running continuously from the start of the demo (as she hides the target) to you finding it. If you shut it off somewhere in the middle and then you find the target; don't bother, it will be a waste of time and energy.
I don’t expect you skeptics to except any thing I put on here. It is clear that you have never made any thing to put on the internet. I tried to make a movie for Dave a few weeks ago. I exceeded the time the camera allows before I even came close to the target. I don’t even know if I will have enough time for this one….Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
why not just have somebody wave some gold in front of the gizmo...and show the gizmo following it?

why the drama of trying to find something hidden, that actually isn't really hidden?
Why would anyone with half a brain do that. Maybe you should read a few of the owners manuals and you would learn something about how these things Work…Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
SWR said:
why not just have somebody wave some gold in front of the gizmo...and show the gizmo following it?

why the drama of trying to find something hidden, that actually isn't really hidden?
This is what I was wondering.... Dave's been pretty clear on every occasion that he was looking for a video of a person using an LRL finding and recovering a "unknown" target, meaning one that wasn't planted, hidden, or otherwise previously known-about.

Art, why would you insist on completely ignoring everything that Dave put forward in his request when making this video, then put a line in your post that reads "I don’t expect you skeptics to except any thing I put on here...?" You're basically setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy here, one that I'm sure you'll very carefully engineer.

You'll post your video, and each of us will watch it eagerly. Let me guess, in the first 10 seconds or so you'll have a 3-second-long shot of the ground, and then it'll go back to you with your LRL. It'll be shaky and badly-lit and, without any perceptible movement, you'll point at one of the eggs that your wife hid, and you'll shout "There it is!." Then we'll have some rapid movements from the camera, and suddenly we'll find ourselves staring at the ground as a hand reaches out and "magically" uncovers the coin.

Do you see why Dave was so specific in his request? He doesn't want to see you "find" something that someone has hidden for you. He's said, several times, that he wants to see a video of an unknown find being located and recovered?

And what do you mean, "I don’t think we are up to that task?" You've stated (in one of your beer can picture posts) that it took you no time at all to find 6 silver items and 2 gold items, and then you ragged on the skeptics here that we would spend hours with our metal detectors trying to find what you found very quickly.

And why did you say "I sure hope I can do this?" when you make a point of saying that you never dig a dry hole, and you always can punch a series of numbers into your little calculator, and your LRL will lead you right to the target and you dig it up without hesitation?

Sure seems to me you're trying to make this video and at the same time weasel your way out of doing it right, just so you can run around and tell everyone here that you made the video Dave was asking for and we didn't believe you.....

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
And why did you say "I sure hope I can do this?" when you make a point of saying that you never dig a dry hole, and you always can punch a series of numbers into your little calculator, and your LRL will lead you right to the target and you dig it up without hesitation?

Sure seems to me you're trying to make this video and at the same time weasel your way out of doing it right, just so you can run around and tell everyone here that you made the video Dave was asking for and we didn't believe you.....

Because that’s the way I feel. I don’t know how long of a video this camera will make. I don’t know how good the quality will be. A lot of unknown. Since the only treasure hunting tool that you say you have used is a metal detector you can not comprehend the time and energy that it takes to find a gold signal, follow it to a target and then dig it. I have not even posted the video and you guy’s are already complaining. I know that is what you guy’s do so keep up the good work…Can anyone tell me how long of a video T-net allows?....Art

Tommy Torquemada

Mar 10, 2010
aarthrj3811 said:
I don’t know how long of a video this camera will make. I don’t know how good the quality will be.

Maybe you could use your LRL to find your camera's instruction manual?

Tommy Torquemada

Mar 10, 2010
aarthrj3811 said:
I will use both hands so you will clearly see that I am not moving the Ranger Tell. This makes for a slower swing but will still works.

How about using no hands so everyone can see you're not moving it? You could tie it around your neck or waist or something.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

Because that’s the way I feel. I don’t know how long of a video this camera will make. I don’t know how good the quality will be. A lot of unknown. Since the only treasure hunting tool that you say you have used is a metal detector you can not comprehend the time and energy that it takes to find a gold signal, follow it to a target and then dig it. I have not even posted the video and you guy’s are already complaining. I know that is what you guy’s do so keep up the good work…Can anyone tell me how long of a video T-net allows?....Art
Okay Art, I gotta admit I'm surprised that you're willing to go forward with this, I applaud the effort. As far as the length of video T'Net will allow, just upload the movie to YouTube and post a link, that'll probably be the easiest way to set it up.

As far as the energy you might expend hunting, I do have to go back to your post with the photo of the rings and the silver coins and the beer can. If memory serves, you did prattle on and on about how easy it was for you to find and recover these items, and how it would take anyone with a metal detector hours to find the same things. Go to a park with your camera, pick up a "signal line" with your LRL, and recover something from a nice patch of undisturbed ground. It's that simple.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Darn…You guy’s still know every thing. So tell me this. I have a Kodak M380 Easy Share Camera. I have a 16 GB card in it. I have the manual that came with it and the advanced manual from the internet and none of them tells how long of a movie it will make. I hope you guy’s know more about Cameras than you do about LRL’s….Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Darn…You guy’s still know every thing. So tell me this. I have a Kodak M380 Easy Share Camera. I have a 16 GB card in it. I have the manual that came with it and the advanced manual from the internet and none of them tells how long of a movie it will make. I hope you guy’s know more about Cameras than you do about LRL’s….Art

Features/Specifications:
Kodak EasyShare M380 10.2 MP Digital Camera

Video Capture:
Format: QUICKTIME MOV, motion JPEG2002 with audio recording during capture and playback
Quality: VGA (640 Ă— 480) at 30 fps, QVGA (320 Ă— 240) at 30 fps
Auto focus: single AF during video capture
Zoom during video: digital zoom during video capture
Image stabilization: blur reduction
Length: up to 80 min. for VGA and QVGA
Review options: view by, Share, tag, favorite, protect, copy to, multimedia slideshow, multi-up, multi-select
Editing: make picture, trim, action print, copy

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Ranger Tell Examiner Test
Here it is guy’s…The first run is to show that with the distance set at 5 feet the unit will not pick up the gold. I know there is a gold ring, silver half dollar, a nickel and a penny under the Easter egg half’s . I do not know under which one. I have not saw or had any contact with the person who placed the objects for me. I only had enough room to put the silver and gold finds on here…I want you to notice that the unit pulls on the Ranger Tell just before the swing…I know this is what the Skeptics think is the Ideomotor response but they are wrong…No..I am not happy with this but you know what…I learned something and it was fun…Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Here it is guy’s…The first run is to show that with the distance set at 5 feet the unit will not pick up the gold. I know there is a gold ring, silver half dollar, a nickel and a penny under the Easter egg half’s . I do not know under which one. I have not saw or had any contact with the person who placed the objects for me. I only had enough room to put the silver and gold finds on here…I want you to notice that the unit pulls on the Ranger Tell just before the swing…I know this is what the Skeptics think is the Ideomotor response but they are wrong…No..I am not happy with this but you know what…I learned something and it was fun…Art
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpYzDbBefg
I don't have the words.....

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I know AF..Sort of takes your breath away when you have to eat your words….Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRpYzDbBefg
I don't have the words.....

I do........ the only word that comes to mind is PATHETIC.

Nice try... but no cigar, Art.

You need to answer these questions for yourself, Art. Assume you are the viewer of this video, seeing just what is presented.

How does the viewer know that you did not place the targets under the eggs?

How does the viewer know that it was not ideomotor response that moved the Examiner, sure looked like it from where I'm standing?

Also, keep in mind that "we" know you are the same guy that put a Photoshopped picture up here and also impersonated an Amateur Radio License Holder. Why should we believe the video is not rigged?

Tommy Torquemada

Mar 10, 2010
aarthrj3811 said:

Gee, that certainly clears things up. Who can argue with that? And to think, I once believed I knew how scientific testing worked.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
How does the viewer know that you did not place the targets under the eggs?
I said some one else placed them there. Beside if I had would the examiner react to the gold any differently?
How does the viewer know that it was not ideomotor response that moved the Examiner, sure looked like it from where I'm standing?
If you had saw my hands move you would have been yelling that loudly. My hands did nothing when it swung to the gold.. You can clearly see my hands being pulled toward the silver before the unit swung. Using my negative hand certainly reduce the power of the swings.
Also, keep in mind that "we" know you are the same guy that put a Photoshopped picture up here and also impersonated an Amateur Radio License Holder. Why should we believe the video is not rigged?
You guys keep bring that up. You have proved that as much as you have that your theories are right. …Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread