Retailers of LRLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Retailers of LRL's

Marc said:
Who sells LRL's? >:(

Advanced Geosciences
Bounty Hunter
Burton Electronics
C-Scope
Detector Pro
Fisher
Garrett
Geometrics
Geonics
Geophex
Geoscan Research
Geo-Western
Minelab
Nautilus
Quantro Sensing
Scintrex
Stratascan
Technos
Tesoro
White's
XP

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Marc said:
SWR said:
Accurate Locators sells LRLs, GPR, Pulse and conventional Metal Detectors

http://www.accuratelocators.com/

hmm, I guess I need to be more consistent on "TreasureNet Sponsorship!" ;)
For the sake of clarity, I assume you are not in favor of MD sponsors that also sell LRL's?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

B&B: ***** & ***** & ***** hehehe He will now drift off into some obscure, twisted semantics trying to cover. You are living up to your rep of B&B.

Don Jose de La Mancha (Tropical Tramp)
"I exist to LIVE, not live to exist

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JudyH said:
Do you feel that Carl's post was in error, concerning the dealers who carry these devices?

What do the companies I listed produce?

Notably, what do they NOT produce?

Why?

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other

Carl-NC said:
What do the companies I listed produce?

Electronic sensing devices.
Some dealing with EM pulses for imaging as in the case of Burton and others with pure electromagnetics for LOCAL, 'in loco' detection of metals. Some more professionally and exhibiting better circuitry as Geonics, Geometrics, Quantro for instance.

Notably, what do they NOT produce?

Long Range Locators in the level we discuss in this forum.
So your list is flawed and way incorrect.

In the case of Long Range Locators in the level we discuss in this forum, maybe because the cited manufacturers have an estabilished long time experience already with the devices they sell for 'in loco' sensing and their profits are adequate. Going in the LRL 'direction' would require for them another department, investment, R&D, etc. This costs money and usually takes many heads to decide.

OKM, for instance, deals and manufactures some similar devices the cited corps produce and yet they have 'long range locators' such as Bionic 01 and Bionic Alpha. One can locate a target from a vast distance and when over it use an imager for confirmation, spot the target, whatever...
I know of several THers who use this aproach.

And of course there are MD manufacurers in your list who just insist in ignoring LRL reality and keep developing the same toys for years for hobby detecting. Maybe due to pure ignorance on the aproach involved, blocked mind vision, incompetence, whatever. This is irrelevant anyway.

As a final input, I already cited here cases such as Garret's. When in 1984 Alonso from Mineoro visited Garret's factory and showed Charles Garret himself a working prototype of the DCH85, he was delighted. He got so happy when Alonso detected long range a gold watch in Garret Factory's backyard that he literally yelled, danced and ran around the factory premises showing everybody what he had in hands.
Later Damasio told me this same prototype was taken to Mel Fisher and used in the Atocha's gold location.

But this is another story...

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JudyH said:
Your logic being that it is acceptable to profit ("mine a wallet") from the devices, as long as you do not produce (manufacture) the same?

I suppose that anyone who buys an LRL generally has to also buy a metal detector in order to "check" the LRL hit and avoid digging hundreds of pointless holes. But otherwise, I'm not aware that detector manufacturers profit off LRLs in any way.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

I suppose that anyone who buys an LRL generally has to also buy a metal detector in order to "check" the LRL hit and avoid digging hundreds of pointless holes. But otherwise, I'm not aware that detector manufacturers profit off LRLs in any way.
More Skeptic logic…Please ..Marc is thinking about doing a test of LRL’s and MFD’s…Are you jealous because he is doing it and not you?
Real Treasure Hunters will trust Marc’s conclusions…

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JudyH said:
The Title of this thread is "Retailers of LRL's".
Marc asked "Who sells LRL's?"
My question was concerning the Dealers....companies that Sell LRL's.

Yes, I know what Marc asked. Yet many of the companies I posted are also retailers; that is, you can walk in to their business and purchase an instrument. Ergo, I'm well within the spirit of the question.

Obviously, my response was a rather tongue-in-cheek turn-around of the question. Rather than ask, "Who sells LRL's?" why not ask, "Who doesn't sell LRL's?" The list I posted is very telling, for those who care to listen to what it tells.

Argumenticus Inverticus

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other

Carl-NC said:
JudyH said:

Yes, I know what Marc asked. Yet many of the companies I posted are also retailers; that is, you can walk in to their business and purchase an instrument. Ergo, I'm well within the spirit of the question.

Obviously, my response was a rather tongue-in-cheek turn-around of the question. Rather than ask, "Who sells LRL's?" why not ask, "Who doesn't sell LRL's?" The list I posted is very telling, for those who care to listen to what it tells.

Argumenticus Inverticus

Carl, it's notable of checking that your credibility here is really down the slope lately. Presently it's leveled down to those of SWR and Ted for instance...and falling...
Now I detect one new thing from you. When you face embarassing situations, you just use of irony...
Way to go Carl.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged

hung said:
Carl-NC said:
JudyH said:

Argumenticus Inverticus

Carl, it's notable of checking that your credibility here is really down the slope lately. Presently it's leveled down to those of SWR and Ted for instance...and falling...
Now I detect one new thing from you. When you face embarassing situations, you just use of irony...
Way to go Carl.

Discussion of Carl's credibility within the Retailers of LRL's thread is nothing more than a red herring tactic, Hung. Who did you learn that from... Judy and Eddie? :nono:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70

Ted Groves said:
hung said:
Carl-NC said:
JudyH said:

Argumenticus Inverticus

Way to go Carl.

Discussion of Carl's credibility within the Retailers of LRL's thread is nothing more than a red herring tactic, Hung. Who did you learn that from... Judy and Eddie? :nono:

::)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI Luv B&B, hung eddie, aa, Saturna, Carl, and all of the rest of my friends. swr posted that the following were LRL devices?,

--> Long Range Locators can include two-box detectors, Electrical Resistivity Imaging, GPR and other types of legitimate 3D underground imaging devices. Long Range Locators are not just limited to the pseudoscience gadgets in these threads
Sorry, but no way, unless you are referring to a moles' vocabulary and a Myoptic world. In conventional T Hunting, prospecting, or electronics none of the above would be considered as such.

Don Jose de La Mancha ( I exist to LIVE, not live to exist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions