Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

A Scientific Test for LRLs

A Scientific Test for LRLs

This is a fair and unbiased test for determining if LRLs (Long Range Locators) can reliably find anything. By "reliably," it is meant "beyond mere guessing." That's simple enough.

There are two parts to this. First, the type of test. Second, who will administer the test.

Part One, The Type of Test.

1. The test will be a standard, random double-blind equipment test. A target will be hidden, and the LRL operator will attempt to locate it.

2. The target will be buried at an undisclosed depth of not more than six feet. The target will be large enough that a standard metal detector with a 9 1/2" coil can detect it at a depth of ten inches, but will be small enough that it cannot be detected by a "two-box" metal detector at the depth it is buried.

3. The target will be planted somewhere within a 360 degree circle of the starting point, at a distance of no more than 1/2 mile.

Part Two, Who Will Administer the Test.

1. The LRLer may select a scientifically qualified, unbiased party to administer the test.

2. Suggested administrators are: Established local metal detector clubs. The science department of their local high school, community college, or university. Any other unbiased group or business, who understands the Scientific Method.

Additional Rules.

The LRL operator may check the test area beforehand, to be sure there are no non-optimal conditions associated with that area.

The LRL operator will have a time limit of two hours to determine the location of the target, and three additional hours to recover it from the ground.

The administrator shall provide a written affidavit from all witnesses, including himself, signed and dated, describing the starting and ending times, and what occurred during the test, and what the results were.

The administrator will video record the LRL operator throughout the test, and make this video available to the public on YouTube, and post it here in this thread.

(Optional) If the LRLer wants to keep the target item when he recovers it, then he must put up an item equal to the target item, in "good faith," which he will forfeit to the administrator, if he fails to locate the buried target within the time limits.

- - - - - - - - - -

What could be more fair? What could be simpler? Either it works or it doesn't.

A metal detector could pass a test like this, designed for it's specified range and depth. There is no reason that an LRL shouldn't be able to pass the Long Range Locator test.

- - - - - - - - - -

Now, will any LRL promoter step forward, and show the World whether or not his claims are true, using a real test such as this?

An evil group is comprised of the insane, who, out of fear, imagine that they must conspire to destroy those who are honest and able. A good group is made up of honest people, who could each survive on their own, yet work together openly for betterment for themselves and others.

us
    May 2011

Re: A Scientific Test for LRLs

EE, That is not a test of LRL ability. You are promoting a farce. Get real.

The true scientific test of an LRL is in the field results. As you say, they either work, or they don't. If they didn't work Professional Treasure Hunters would have abandoned them long ago as a waste of time and money. Yet some of the most successful Treasure Hunters in the world use LRL's.

Here is one example: Do you wish to infer that this Professional Treasure Hunter is a liar, and running a scam? humble

Our Team utilizes the latest proprietary and commercial geophysical technologies available to the world of geophysics.

Click on links below to see details.

Electromagnetic Imaging (EMI)

Geophysical Mapping & Data Processing

Gradiometer & Magnetometer Survey

Ground Penetrating Radar Survey (GPR)

Ground Resistance Imaging Survey (GR) 2D/3D Capabilities

Long Range Location Survey

Metal Detection Survey

Sub-bottom Profile Survey 2D/3D Capabilities

Side Scan Sonar Survey
    LINK: http://www.expeditionsnow.com/geophysicalsurvey.htm

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by humble
    EE, That is not a test of LRL ability. You are promoting a farce. Get real.

The true scientific test of an LRL is in the field results. As you say, they either work, or they don't. If they didn't work Professional Treasure Hunters would have abandoned them long ago as a waste of time and money. Yet some of the most successful Treasure Hunters in the world use LRL's.

Here is one example: Do you wish to infer that this Professional Treasure Hunter is a liar, and running a scam? humble

Our Team utilizes the latest proprietary and commercial geophysical technologies available to the world of geophysics.

Click on links below to see details.

Electromagnetic Imaging (EMI)

Geophysical Mapping & Data Processing

Gradiometer & Magnetometer Survey

Ground Penetrating Radar Survey (GPR)

Ground Resistance Imaging Survey (GR) 2D/3D Capabilities

Long Range Location Survey

Metal Detection Survey

Sub-bottom Profile Survey 2D/3D Capabilities

Side Scan Sonar Survey
    LINK: http://www.expeditionsnow.com/geophysicalsurvey.htm

Do you wish to infer that Donald Patterson uses an "LRL"?

An evil group is comprised of the insane, who, out of fear, imagine that they must conspire to destroy those who are honest and able. A good group is made up of honest people, who could each survive on their own, yet work together openly for betterment for themselves and others.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    880 times

~EE THr~
    Do you wish to infer that Donald Patterson uses an "LRL"?
    http://www.expeditionsnow.com/lrls.htm

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1207 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	591199  

us
    May 2011

Aren't some of those LRL's built by Electronic Engineers? Isn't the Archaeologist,or Geologist associated with the group considered a Scientist?

Yes, I too have an Archaeologist, a Geologist, and a Geophysicist with my team. All respected Professionals.

Does EE, and the Skeptic group really want to get into inferring that these people are liars & Scammers to cover up their own fraud? humble

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

Dell---

Here is Don Patterson promoting Fitzgerald's LRLs. Note that he admits it is dowsing, and that it relies on the ideomotor effect---

"By the way, the principle by which we locate treasure, or moreover, the theory in your case, is what we engineers like to call an Audio Frequency Phase Lock Loop (APLL)! Hence the dowsing rods, or receiving rods as I like to call them. We use specific harmonics to induce a PLL (Phase Lock Loop) between the instrument and the target. We do this by walking over the PLL with the "RECEIVING RODS", and inducing an Ideomotor Response that makes the "RECEIVING RODS" close as break the target line. Ideomotor response is defined as this "The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously". When one is properly trained on this equipment, to detect the unconditional or unconscious response that is induced by the correct frequency and harmonics; well, let's just say, the money's in the bank!"

As can be seen, he then goes on with the "training required" mumbo-jumbo, which the DOJ warned about in their official report.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    880 times

~EE~
    Dell---
    Here is Don Patterson promoting Fitzgerald's LRLs. Note that he admits it is dowsing, and that it relies on the ideomotor effect---

"By the way, the principle by which we locate treasure, or moreover, the theory in your case, is what we engineers like to call an Audio Frequency Phase Lock Loop (APLL)! Hence the dowsing rods, or receiving rods as I like to call them. We use specific harmonics to induce a PLL (Phase Lock Loop) between the instrument and the target. We do this by walking over the PLL with the "RECEIVING RODS", and inducing an Ideomotor Response that makes the "RECEIVING RODS" close as break the target line. Ideomotor response is defined as this "The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously". When one is properly trained on this equipment, to detect the unconditional or unconscious response that is induced by the correct frequency and harmonics; well, let's just say, the money's in the bank!"

He then goes on with the "training" mumbo-jumbo, which the DOJ warned about in their official report.
    You forgot again to tell us where this information can be found..By the way..Who is this Dell that you keep referring to?

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by aarthrj3811

You forgot again to tell us where this information can be found..By the way..Who is this Dell that you keep referring to?

That information can be found on this page, on another forum. His handle is "dpthunter." It's toward the bottom.

Who is "Dell"? I already told you, in another post, but just click here to find out.

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

I found this, by Don Patterson, on the very next page of that forum link I just posted.

"I'm still waiting on Carl to come up with that $25,000 in gold coin or bullion, so I can come find it and take it from you! Put the $25,000 in gold bullion in the ground and put me within a mile of it, and I'll find it!"

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Let's see, now---who was just saying that very thing on this forum? Could they be one and the same person?

Guess!

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

Oh yeah---here it is---

Quote Originally Posted by PuffDaddy

The ChickenHawk's Million Dollars In Gold--to be buried...Within a radius of one mile,of a set of coordinates.

It's amazing what turns up with a little Internet research!

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    880 times

Yes it is amazing that anyone can claim any proof from that web site....So you are now quoting other skeptics as facts..So the facts you get there are all true but every thing we post here on T-net are false and nonsense..Art

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

Yes it is amazing that anyone can claim any proof from that web site....So you are now quoting other skeptics as facts..So the facts you get there are all true but every thing we post here on T-net are false and nonsense..Art

Like I have tried to tell you many times: Read, read, read.

I quoted an LRL promoter, not a "skeptic," or a debunker.

And you are the one who asked for that link!

Sheeeeesh.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    880 times

~EE~

Sheeeeesh.
    Yes I did read and read and read somemore...I saw no LRL people just skeptics...art
    Attached Images Attached Images  

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

~EE~

Sheeeeesh.
    Yes I did read and read and read somemore...I saw no LRL people just skeptics...art

Here is what I posted---

Quote Originally Posted by EE THr
    Dell---

As can be seen, he then goes on with the "training required" mumbo-jumbo, which the DOJ warned about in their official report.

Where is your so-called "skeptic" quote, that you are complaining about?

us
    Apr 2008
    Central California
    24 times

By the way..Who is this Dell that you keep referring to?

P.S. To my previous answer to your question, you can also add this username

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links