Status
Not open for further replies.

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Art, or anybody living close to our lovely Mexico.
Since RDTayopa seems to be absent lately, I am relying on you guys to satisfy my curiosity.

Recently a couple of guys using a Mineoro FG80 LRL found 160 gold coins buried in Argentina. Pic bellow.
They are dated 1959. OK, someone hides them in a hole in order to get them later or use the hole as a safe. Many possibilities.
But what really intrigues me is the fact that gold coins still seems to be used as their currency? I found a site about mexican coins and saw pictures of gold coins which still seem to be used.

Can anyone tell me how exactly these coins are used in Mexico? Normal daily currency? Special cases? How?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mexican coins.jpg
    mexican coins.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 900
  • mex coins2.jpg
    mex coins2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,322
OP
OP
hung

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I found the answer in the internet.

Mexico issued several gold coins of different values being 10, 20 and 50 pesos to celebrate their independency anniversary . Each one with different gramature and size. This happens since 1917.

"The 20 Peso Gold Coin was first minted in 1917 according to the characteristics of the Mexican gold coin reform of 1905. The eagle that appears on the reserve is based on the Mexican coat of arms used since 1825. The observe depicts the Aztec Calendar which was located in the "Temple Mayor" of the old aztec city and was destroyed by Hernan Cortes in 1521. The Aztec Calendar was later rediscovered in 1970 and to honor it this gold coin was introduced."

So, they are collector's items. Value of each coin today is around $ 830.
Now the origin of the coins found in Argentina might start to emerge.
Either some collector hid them and never returned back to pick it up or they were stolen and hidden by somebody.
Given the relatively shallow depth (50cm) and weak ionic fields causing the FG80 to detect 2.5kg of gold at only 15 m, I would imagine the date buried could range from 15 to 30 years ago.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
hung---

You know that there is a section on this site for coins identification and so forth. Why would you post such a question here in the LRL section?

It appears that you have contrived another story, merely to try and indicate that an LRL actually found something. But by slipping it in this way, you don't need to mention names, dates, locations, or include any photos or video of the big event. Very sly.

So, who were the "finders," when and where did the "find" take place, and where are the photos of this pile of 160 gold coins of the type shown in your "Webgrab" stock photos?

:laughing7:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey hung..Nice photo’s of a find.
~EE~
Why would you post such a question here in the LRL section?
Because this is where the people are more interested in finds with LRL’s.
So, who were the "finders," when and where did the "find" take place, and where are the photos of this pile of 160 gold coins of the type shown in your "Webgrab" stock photos?
This is easy to answer...It is none of your business..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey hung..Nice photo’s of a find.
~EE~
Why would you post such a question here in the LRL section?
Because this is where the people are more interested in finds with LRL’s.
This is easy to answer...It is none of your business..Art

Art, you are obviously wrong again.

He infers that the purpose for his posting is to ask for information about coins. The little story about supposedly being found with an LRL didn't even need to be included, to get the "information" he was supposedly after.

But this isn't a good place to get coin information. The proof of that is, nobody replied about them!

He pretends to be so very smart, yet asking his coin question here was the farthest from smart that he could have gotten!

If the finding of the coins are nobody's business, then why even mention it?---Because that was really his main point in making that post. Apparently he thinks it makes it appear to be true, just because he slipped it in with pictures (copied off the Web) of real coins. Very sneaky. But too obvious!

He is, also, his own best debunker.

:sign13:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~

He infers that the purpose for his posting is to ask for information about coins. The little story about supposedly being found with an LRL didn't even need to be included, to get the "information" he was supposedly after.
But this isn't a good place to get coin information. The proof of that is, nobody replied about them!
He pretends to be so very smart, yet asking his coin question here was the farthest from smart that he could have gotten!
If the finding of the coins are nobody's business, then why even mention it?---Because that was really his main point in making that post. Apparently he thinks it makes it appear to be true, just because he slipped it in with pictures (copied off the Web) of real coins. Very sneaky. But too obvious!
Experience the adventure and thrill of treasure hunting! Treasure takes many forms, from gold coins and precious gems, to meteorites and lost Picasso's. There are treasures to be found all over the planet.
Thank You again for tell us to not post on t-net.. hung is a treasure hunter. Hung was asking for help from other treasure hunters. You are not a treasure hunter so if our wanting to talk about our hobby upsets you we are sorry for you....Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~

Experience the adventure and thrill of treasure hunting! Treasure takes many forms, from gold coins and precious gems, to meteorites and lost Picasso's. There are treasures to be found all over the planet.
Thank You again for tell us to not post on t-net.. hung is a treasure hunter. Hung was asking for help from other treasure hunters. You are not a treasure hunter so if our wanting to talk about our hobby upsets you we are sorry for you....Art

And again you twist words around. I didn't try to tell you what to post. I merely pointed out why it's obvious that he used the coin question as a ploy to slip in a promotion for fake devices, namely LRLs.

Your "hobby" appears to be defrauding the public.

:icon_sunny:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
And again you twist words around. I didn't try to tell you what to post. I merely pointed out why it's obvious that he used the coin question as a ploy to slip in a promotion for fake devices, namely LRLs.

What is now “obvious” is that you are afraid that his post will some how affect your job...Which brand do you work for?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby

A hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time.
Gee ...If you don’t like the hobby of treasure hunting that is your right. So why are you on a treasure hunting forum?..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~

What is now “obvious” is that you are afraid that his post will some how affect your job...Which brand do you work for?

How would who I might or might not work for, relate to simply pointing out the facts? It's all right there in black and white. It's not my fault he did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby

A hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time.
Gee ...If you don’t like the hobby of treasure hunting that is your right. So why are you on a treasure hunting forum?..Art

Thanks for showing your eagerness to distort facts. Are you getting lots of new recruits into the LRL cult with it? :laughing7:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
~Art~
~EE~
Thanks for showing your eagerness to distort facts. Are you getting lots of new recruits into the LRL cult with it?
Which fact did in distort?...Was it the fact that most of the people on T-net have a hobby of treasure hunting? Or was it the fact that you are now claiming that our hobby is defrauding the public? ...Art

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
EE THr said:
hung---

You know that there is a section on this site for coins identification and so forth. Why would you post such a question here in the LRL section?

It appears that you have contrived another story, merely to try and indicate that an LRL actually found something. But by slipping it in this way, you don't need to mention names, dates, locations, or include any photos or video of the big event. Very sly.

And don't forget to demand medical records of each finder, along with genealogy and proof of insurance! :laughing9:

Get a life.

You sure do say "it appears" and "it seems" a lot. :laughing7:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
EddieR said:
EE THr said:
hung---

And don't forget to demand medical records of each finder, along with genealogy and proof of insurance! :laughing9:

Get a life.

You sure do say "it appears" and "it seems" a lot. :laughing7:

Since it's so easy for anyone to claim anything at all on an Internet forum, if anyone wants others to consider something to be credible they will post all the facts so that they can be verified.

LRL promoters seem to have a habit of leaving all that stuff out of their wild claims, on a regular basis. That way, none of their wild claims about "finding treasure" can ever be verified. On a common sense basis, none of their silly stories are true.

This has all been discussed before, many times. Such as there never having been any news stories about any treasure ever being found with an LRL. Yet, from time to time, news appears about treasures found with metal detectors, and other more sophisticated (and uncontestedly real) sensing equipment such as Ground Penetrating Radar, Side Scan Sonar, various types of magnetometers, Infra Red Imaging, and so forth. Even people finding treasures without any electronics equipment at all, or people finding valuable things by merely stumbling over them.

But not a single word about any of the magic "LRL" devices, which you so adamantly promote on a continuous basis (then try to deny it by claiming to be "merely interested in the phenomenon" :sign10: ).

You guys have tried every angle there is, to hide from the fact that no LRL has ever passed a properly administered and documented Scientific test. If you would like to contest that, simply post the documents.

Waiting....waiting....waiting....

OP
OP
hung

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My intention of posting was to investigate about the coins that were found. I was expecting an input from RDT. Since he seems a little absent now and nobody replied about it, I decided to search in the internet myself and found enough info to elaborate my ideas.
So the objective of the thread has been achieved in one way or another.
No need to hijack the thread by unrelated subjects and exotic inferings from someone who keeps posting comic theories against LRLs all the time.

EE, your vested interest against LRLs and resistant butt allowing you to keep sit all day long in front a computer is a just a job you have.
The question is just to know exactly who could be paying you to do that. I don't compeletely know yet. Although I have my suspicions.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
hung said:
My intention of posting was to investigate about the coins that were found. I was expecting an input from RDT. Since he seems a little absent now and nobody replied about it, I decided to search in the internet myself and found enough info to elaborate my ideas.
So the objective of the thread has been achieved in one way or another.
No need to hijack the thread by unrelated subjects and exotic inferings from someone who keeps posting comic theories against LRLs all the time.

EE, your vested interest against LRLs and resistant butt allowing you to keep sit all day long in front a computer is a just a job you have.
The question is just to know exactly who could be paying you to do that. I don't compeletely know yet. Although I have my suspicions.

If you really wanted to ask RDT about those coins, you could have just PMed him. Duh!

If you really wanted to ask TN members about the coins, you would obviously have been much better off by posting your questions in another Section of the forum which would be applicable to coin ID and knowledge.

But no, you had to post it here, in order to slip in the seemingly incidental suggestion that a pile of gold was found by a so-called "Long Range Locator," even though these fake devices have been proven over and over to not be able to find anything at all.

I drop by this Section from time to time, just for a laugh.

And here is yours: :sign10:

The ovbious nonsense which you post continually makes you your own best debunker.

Keep up the good work!

:sign13:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
If you really wanted to ask RDT about those coins, you could have just PMed him. Duh!
Why should he do that. Yes he knew that the Real Deal was the one who could have answered his question but then no one else would have gained any knowledge from the answer.

If you really wanted to ask TN members about the coins, you would obviously have been much better off by posting your questions in another Section of the forum which would be applicable to coin ID and knowledge.
Have you not noticed that LRL users stay mostly within this forum so as not to let you skeptics spout your nonsense all over this web site?

But no, you had to post it here, in order to slip in the seemingly incidental suggestion that a pile of gold was found by a so-called "Long Range Locator," even though these fake devices have been proven over and over to not be able to find anything at all.
That’s what I am talking about..We don’t want the rest of the site be contaminate by your personal opinions.

Yes you are a joke and give us many laughs..The statement that you drop by from time to time is a falsehood

And here is yours:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rofl
ROFL 5571 up, 863 down

ROFL is an internet accronmym for Rolling On Floor Laughing, and like all things internet it has adapted to nerd culture and has taken on new real-life use, though usually in a satirical way.

The ovbious nonsense which you post continually makes you your own best debunker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debunker
A debunker is a person who attempts to discredit and contradict claims as being false, exaggerated or pretentious.[1] The term is closely associated with skeptical investigation of controversial topics such as U.F.O.s, claimed paranormal phenomena, cryptids, conspiracy theories, alternative medicine, religion, or exploratory or fringe areas of scientific or pseudoscientific research.
Keep up the good work!
Thank you for pointing out just who you are..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
Why should he do that. Yes he knew that the Real Deal was the one who could have answered his question but then no one else would have gained any knowledge from the answer.

I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seats just waiting to hear how these kinds of coins are used in Mexico. Those that live in Mexico already know, and those who don't could care less.

Have you not noticed that LRL users stay mostly within this forum so as not to let you skeptics spout your nonsense all over this web site?

For the best chance of an answer, limiting responses to "LRL users" (of which there really aren't any, because LRLs don't work) is not a good choice. The only people who read this Section are LRL makers and promoters, plus anyone who like a good laugh at con artists.

That’s what I am talking about..We don’t want the rest of the site be contaminate by your personal opinions.

I very seldom post personal opinions here. It's an uncontested fact that no LRL has ever passed a properly administered and documented Scientific test.

Yes you are a joke and give us many laughs..The statement that you drop by from time to time is a falsehood

Maybe I miss a few days now and then, but I am here now, aren't I?

And here is yours:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rofl
ROFL 5571 up, 863 down

ROFL is an internet accronmym for Rolling On Floor Laughing, and like all things internet it has adapted to nerd culture and has taken on new real-life use, though usually in a satirical way.

A debunker is a person who attempts to discredit and contradict claims as being false, exaggerated or pretentious.[1] The term is closely associated with skeptical investigation of controversial topics such as U.F.O.s, claimed paranormal phenomena, cryptids, conspiracy theories, alternative medicine, religion, or exploratory or fringe areas of scientific or pseudoscientific research.
Keep up the good work!
Thank you for pointing out just who you are..Art

What could it possibly matter who I am? The point is that LRLs don't work, and nothing you or any of the other LRL promoters on here have ever posted amounts to credible proof that they do. Why do you always avoid the subject of a properly administered and documented Scientific test, and try to attack people instead? (Duh!)

If you want credibility, then provide proof!

Otherwise, you're just proving that you can't, with every post that doesn't.

You are your own best debunker.

Keep up the good work!

:laughing7: :sign10: :laughing7:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
The Owner/Operators have provided proof that is believed by the majority of those reading this board. We have credibility..a few of you skeptics have post a lot of claims that are not believable

I think that I have proved that I can post real facts.

You are your own best debunker.
I don’t see any Owner/operators that are debunkers. Just a hand full of skeptics just as the difination states.

Keep up the good work!
Yes,,I will continue to post the truth..Art

LOL, an abbreviation for laughing out loud,[1][2] or laugh out loud,[3] is a common element of Internet slang. It was used historically on Usenet but is now widespread in other forms of computer-mediated communication, and even face-to-face communication. It is one of many initialisms for expressing bodily reactions, in particular laughter, as text, including initialisms for more emphatic expressions of laughter such as LMAO[4] ("laugh(ing) my ass off"), ROTFL[5][6][7][8] ("roll(ing) on the floor laughing") or ROFL[9] ("roll(ing) on [the] floor laughing"), and BWL ("bursting with laughter", above which there is "no greater compliment" according to technology columnist Larry Magid).[10] Other unrelated expansions include the now mostly historical "lots of luck" or "lots of love" used in letter-writing.[11]

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
The Owner/Operators have provided proof that is believed by the majority of those reading this board. We have credibility..a few of you skeptics have post a lot of claims that are not believable

No, Art. The LRL promoters on here have provided only claims. As one topic title in this Section says, claims are not proof. You seem to think that by continually making claims, that it constitutes proof. A ton of brass will never magically turn into an ounce of gold. And a flood of nonsensical claims will never substitute for actual proof. The very fact that you so adamantly try to pass off your silly claims as "proof," is a total admission on your part that your fake devices

I think that I have proved that I can post real facts.

Not when you are posting that claims are proof. You have proven just the opposite. You continue to be your own best debunker. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EE~
No, Art. The LRL promoters on here have provided only claims. As one topic title in this Section says, claims are not proof. You seem to think that by continually making claims, that it constitutes proof. A ton of brass will never magically turn into an ounce of gold. And a flood of nonsensical claims will never substitute for actual proof. The very fact that you so adamantly try to pass off your silly claims as "proof," is a total admission on your part that your fake devices

We are aware of what your personal opinions are..You claim that testimonials, photo’s of finds and Movies of finds are all fakes but you fail to present any proof that they are. It is you that make the claims that everything is fake
Gee, you have done that with all your posts on this thread..Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hung said:
Hey Art, or anybody living close to our lovely Mexico.
Since RDTayopa seems to be absent lately, I am relying on you guys to satisfy my curiosity.

Recently a couple of guys using a Mineoro FG80 LRL found 160 gold coins buried in Argentina. Pic bellow.
They are dated 1959. OK, someone hides them in a hole in order to get them later or use the hole as a safe. Many possibilities.
But what really intrigues me is the fact that gold coins still seems to be used as their currency? I found a site about mexican coins and saw pictures of gold coins which still seem to be used.

Can anyone tell me how exactly these coins are used in Mexico? Normal daily currency? Special cases? How?

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure I could find a special case of something in Mexico if you send me a few, lol
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread