Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
What I use...
I own a Prospector that is “gold only’ and uses rods...I also have a Si-Go which is “gold and silver only” and a Range Master which can be set for 30 or more elements...they are both rods type detectors.
After having a “stroke” my use of the rods had diminished so I purchased a Ranger Tell where I no longer need the “rods. I also have a “Weight Chex” made by Dell and a “Body booster” from Ranger Tell..
They all work a little different so if anyone has any questions about how to operate them I would be glad to answer them.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The prospector is no long produced. It is a simple and cheap tool to use. You have to set it up and turn it on..You have to wait at least 5 minutes (I prefer to wait 10 minutes) to walk your circle around it at 25 plus feet..If you do not wait the signals will not be established...It will have a signal for any gold for about ½ mile at a depth of 50 feet. This device loves micro gold..One of the advantages is that the signal stops at the target..Another advantage is that some conventional metal detectors can trace the signal line... I purchased mine in 1998 and it is still working...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I bought the Range Master to search a legend from the depression. I had my kids walk across the dessert for 10 hours...They walked 15 miles so I wanted to search 15 square miles..I set the tool up and searched for the gold deposit..The Range master would search 64 square miles from one location but I found that I did not like to walk 8 miles to recover a few flakes of gold...It is still in use in Alaska on my sons gold claim...In his spare time he is looking for Mammoth Tusks...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Untitled.jpg Shortly after I purchase the Ranger Tell I was searching for a redwood box containing gold nuggets that were high graded from a commercial dredge. It was located in the rough of a golf course. I used the Ranger Tell to give me the location within 50 feet from the roads shrouding the course. I then called a few dealers an ask questions. I thought that the Si-Go would be the right tool...I made a 4 inch rod and drove to Oregon. I spent a few hours testing the Si-Go and purchased it. I spent a week making rods from different materials until I had one that I could mark the treasure exactly. The rod was made from 1/32 inch stainless steel and was just under 4 inches long. I put the Si-Go in a backpack and went and marked the spot. Went and recovered I that night...Art

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Why did you decide to use the SI GO instead of the RTExaminer?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey hung...I did not want anyone to see what was doing...If I had used the RT someone would have come to me and ask what I was doing...Someone may have called security and I would have had to answer a bunch of questions..Heck..Someone may have waited until I dug the treasure and claimed part of it... As a taxpayer in that county I think I am a part owner of the place. I paid my green fees and did my thing..Would I do it again...Yes I would..Art

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The prospector is no long produced. It is a simple and cheap tool to use. You have to set it up and turn it on..You have to wait at least 5 minutes (I prefer to wait 10 minutes) to walk your circle around it at 25 plus feet..If you do not wait the signals will not be established...It will have a signal for any gold for about ½ mile at a depth of 50 feet. This device loves micro gold..One of the advantages is that the signal stops at the target..Another advantage is that some conventional metal detectors can trace the signal line... I purchased mine in 1998 and it is still working...Art

You are quite right on the signal line being what I call somewhat "fragile">

I did extensive tests with being able to detect the signal line. I even used a clairvoyant who could see the signal line from a transmitter sending out a signal. Tested on gold and silver targets. What we found was the signal line is broken and disappears for about 1-2 minutes after a person walks through it. Also the signal line goes away during the time the sun is much above the horizon. About 9 am to 4 pm.
Goldfinder

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...the signal line is broken and disappears for about 1-2 minutes after a person walks through it..."

Really? Did you consider, or look for, any other possibilities for the "signal line" being broken and disappearing?

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groves - when you can repeat the experiment a couple of times you could say its a fluke. When you do the experiment 50 or more times and get the same result then its pretty much a certainty. Especially when both instrumentation and using the Clairvoyant get the same result. Perhaps you don't understand the scientific method.

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groves - when you can repeat the experiment a couple of times you could say its a fluke. When you do the experiment 50 or more times and get the same result then its pretty much a certainty. Especially when both instrumentation and using the Clairvoyant get the same result. Perhaps you don't understand the scientific method.

If you truly conducted "your" test 50 or more times, and got what you believe to be positive results to support your hypothesis; then quite obviously your testing methods, procedure and or controls are severely flawed.

I don't understand the scientific method? And your question comes from someone who uses the word "clairvoyant" and "scientific" in the same paragraph. :laughing9:

But seriously..... You had better check for serious information leaks, because there are obviously many.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~grove~
If you truly conducted "your" test 50 or more times, and got what you believe to be positive results to support your hypothesis; then quite obviously your testing methods, procedure and or controls are severely flawed.
What testing methods, procedures and controls are needed....After all..If it works 50 or more time he is doing it right...

I don't understand the scientific method? And your question comes from someone who uses the word "clairvoyant" and "scientific" in the same paragraph..But seriously..... You had better check for serious information leaks, because there are obviously many.
Yes...I was in WalMart this morning and the information leaks were every where...Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread