trying long range once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold24hk

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago i bought a omni rangemaster,mainly because a friend bought one and could find a peice of lead that you hid 90 percent of the time with it,i never could do that with mine,i tried and tried but no sucess,so i returned it with a refund of half my money back.a few years later in around 2005 my brother bought a rangertell,he had amazing results at first,he could find a gold moneyclip nine out of ten times when somebodu put it under one out of five red brick,he done no more testing,he went the following weekend to look for a treasure that he had information on,he could not get a signal line,he got frustrated and tried testing again on the gold moneyclip and could only find it 5 out of ten times,he put the rangertell away and never tried it anymore,well after reading about the changes in the new models i decided to try one,i have ordered the new model,i should get it end of next week,i beleive the rangertell people beleive in there product,they seem very professaonal and polite and will promply answer emails,after i get it i will start trying to learn how to use it,i have been reading about adding a millivolt meter to it,if that would work it would make the unit so much easier to use.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of testing a gold money clip under a brick, have someone hide it in the middle of a 1 acre wooded lot then you find it, that is a test, not hiding it under 1 of 5 bricks.....How many treasures do you know of or read about in the real world that were hidden under 1 of 5 bricks...

Before it is too late, cancel the order and spend the money on a good metal detector......

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports/omnirange/index.dat

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey gold24hk..I own an old Ranger Tell TG...I recommend that you practice on known targets until you know what the tool is doing...Follow the instructions as entering the numbers can be tricky. I have not read the new instructions but will tell you a few thinks to look out for...Make sure that unit is in the proper mode...Mine is to be in the deg mode. Use a known target to check if it is measuring in the feet or metric mode. Always enter a cos number.
Here is how I test for unknown targets
This is my version of a Blind test. I use halves of 6 Plastic Easter eggs and a coin. I give my wife the coin and she goes out the back door and I stay inside while she places the coin under one of the egg halves. She then goes around the house and knocks on the front door. I go out, not having any contact with her. I start Locating thinking of anything else except for the Rods. Sometimes it is what I'm going to do tomorrow or a movie I saw the night before. I locate the coin, go in the house and give it to the wife and start over again. I make 10 to 15 passes and then take a break. My results are all ways the same. I find the coin every time.

When I do the test and I think about finding the coin my results are different. The best was 60% finds but the usual is between 30% and 50% finds. I have done this test more than 20 times.

Why do I do these test? To see if I am still doing it right. I refuse to let the Ideomotor Effects control my rods UNLESS I want it to. When I test in my backyard I know that some mystery signal from a SUV will not block my signals. ..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just because the calculator is solar powered does not mean that it has no battery. When there is no sun light it will be using the power from the battery. At some point it will lose everything in the memory...I learned this the hard way..I drove from Sacramento Ca to Baggs Wyo....The unit was in a hard case for 2 days..Everything seems to be find on the search but when I noticed something was wrong I had used most of the day...Purchasing a new battery was a lost cause...Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Mike~
Here's my take on this. The MFD units with high power are difficult to pinpoint with. Five volts is high power.
Five volts is as high of voltage allowed by law.

Many people actually degrade the signal line as they walk through it. If they stand there on it it will be totally eliminated. In other words, don't spend much time on the signal line or you will have to wait for it to redevelop. Some people even drown out the target field when they get near it.
Never happens to me.
Having someone hide the target for you is also not the right way to practice. This becomes more of a "read the mind of the hider" task. This is not true locating--more like telepathy
I can not read minds so I am safe
Same for practicing with the target hid under one of five bricks--you are using your left brain--the skeptic, logical, reasoning side--to "guess" which brick it is under. Need I say that is not good?
I think about anything but what I am doing.
You really should get some MFD-type equipment (frequency generator) and learn to use it, but you are going to have to live with the choice you made. My opinion is it's about 98% dowsing. Good luck.
He has already ordered a Ranger Tell...
My opinion is it's about 98% dowsing.
My opinion is if you try to Dowse with a LRL you are doomed to failure..Art

Art

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my take on this. The MFD units with high power are difficult to pinpoint with. Five volts is high power. I don't know what that one had, but if the claims of eight miles are accurate, it is way too high power. Some units are a fraction of one volt.

Many people actually degrade the signal line as they walk through it. If they stand there on it it will be totally eliminated. In other words, don't spend much time on the signal line or you will have to wait for it to redevelop. Some people even drown out the target field when they get near it. This is more likely to happen during times of high solar magnetic activity-which is a bout half the time right now.

Having someone hide the target for you is also not the right way to practice. This becomes more of a "read the mind of the hider" task. This is not true locating--more like telepathy. Same for practicing with the target hid under one of five bricks--you are using your left brain--the skeptic, logical, reasoning side--to "guess" which brick it is under. Need I say that is not good?

You really should get some MFD-type equipment (frequency generator) and learn to use it, but you are going to have to live with the choice you made. My opinion is it's about 98% dowsing. Good luck.

Signal Line,
I did testing with a psychic who could see the signal line. It is "fragile". If you walk through it, it a takes 1 minute for its restoration. You are right, high power not necessary. Even a few volts is enough. I think the powered version enhance a person's dowsing ability. I like to call it electronic dowsing.
Gold is !

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Mike~
It is my understanding that only a very few people have too strong an energy field that overpowers the signal line. ALthough I think it depends on the conditions--weak conditions due to high solar magnetic activity will weaken the signal so the rod barely swings or even nothing.
I don’t have that problem..It just maybe that I always use the rods (old rod type LRL’s)with the tips pointing down a little which is the cure if you have that problem.

I was taught to not mix dowsing and MFD locating. I realize the terminology is a big obstacle, just what is dowsing and what is mental dowsing or physical dowsing. Wahtever, it is not the same as a discriminated signal line that an electronic receiver can detect or even a couple dogs I have heard can detect it. Obviously the dog does not know what metal (or paper money or diamonds) is being discriminated.
Yes..If you try to mix the technology of two different methods of locating and recovering treasure you are in trouble...Art

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that this thread has been dead, but I really am curious. When a person walks through a signal line with a set of L Rods will the signal line actually fluctuate for a time and then come back? Would explain how if you walk and do for example walk back and forth crossing the signal line until you find the target, but if you do this and walk away from the target and cross the signal line, sometimes the signal will not be there?? Interesting.... What everyones take on this?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Coyote 3
Sorry that this thread hfluctuate for a time and then come back?as been dead, but I really am curious. When a person walks through a signal line with a set of L Rods will the signal line actually
I have never had a signal line disappear. I have had the response by the rods to close slower.
Would explain how if you walk and do for example walk back and forth crossing the signal line until you find the target, but if you do this and walk away from the target and cross the signal line, sometimes the signal will not be there??
I have never experience that...Art

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We stand in the signal line, cross back and forth through the signal line and walk the signal line. It has never weakened. With a cache of gold and/or silver you generally see the signal build if you are using electronically enhanced rods. If the signal is wavering or wandering its probably natural not a cache. Thats our experience with our own equipment anyway.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that tidbit. I just wanted to make sure that this had never happened. Dixiegal, what LRL might you use and is it mainly for caches?

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These long range locators are a total waste of money. Best of luck to arrthrj3811 anyway.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the comments...LRL’s are not for everyone. I am very happy with the 4 I own. They all have located gold for me. I think every treasure hunter should have a test garden to practice no matter what kind of device they use..Art

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok this might be a dumb question for those of you but what is the accuracy difference between the LRL's and a baited pair of dowsing rods? I'm really trying to understand all of this and i really believe in this I totally have a open mind to this concept of finding treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread