Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. #1
    us
    Nov 2011
    699
    70 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    What causes the ionic buzz that some LRL users (and some dowsers, too) feel?

    This post has been deleted.
    Last edited by signal_line; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Where your heart is, there you will find your treasure.

    O God of compassion, You alone can justify me and Your will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if he were the greatest sinner. For Your Son assured me: Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy fail to embrace a trusting soul.

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    If you have read some of the links about geophysical electrophonics, it is not hard to see that the rod acts as a transducer for the discriminated signal line from an MFD transmitter. And Lockheed Martin developed a ground communications system for miners that is similar to ground radio, which is similar to MFD transmitter. It uses extremely low power to transmit up to a half-mile, just like an MFD can do. So I suspect the human aura acts as an amplifier.
    "Read the advertisement", it's a piece by piece description of how an LRL'er begins with a factoid and weaves a fairy tale around it, then sets himself up to believe the fairy tale. Of course once he believes the fairy tale, he'll get all parsed arf when other people don't buy into his fairy tale. That's how the LRL mind works.

    People whose brains have more backbone than a jellyfish don't have to make up the stuff that LRL'ers post, the LRL'ers do it themselves without any prodding.

    --Toto

  4. #3
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    Believe - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Definition of BELIEVE
    intransitive verb
    1
    a: to have a firm religious faith b: to accept something as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts>
    2
    : to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something <believe in exercise>
    3
    : to hold an opinion : think <I believe so>
    transitive verb
    1
    a: to consider to be true or honest <believe the reports> <you wouldn't believe how long it took> b: to accept the word or evidence of <I believe you> <couldn't believe my ears>
    2
    : to hold as an opinion : suppose <I believe it will rain soon>
    be·liev·ernoun
    not believe
    : to be astounded at <I couldn't believe my luck>
    See believe defined for English-language learners »
    See believe defined for kids »
    Examples of BELIEVE

    1. The scientists believed the reports.
    2. Many people seem to believe that theory, but I find it hard to believe.
    3. You shouldn't believe everything you read.
    4. He says he'll help us, but I don't believe what he says.
    5. They were tricked into believing that he was a doctor.
    6. He says he'll help us, but I don't believe him.
    7. She went to church because her family expected it, but she didn't really believe.
    8. I have watched the many ways that teachers demonstrate pleasure in what students have said or done. I used to believe that teachers needed to present a stoic face for fear of losing control—as if smiling caused bad behavior. —Nancy Mack, English Journal, September 2008

    Fairy tale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A fairy tale (pronounced /ˈfeəriˌteɪl/) is a type of short story that typically features folkloric fantasy characters, such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, dwarves, giants, mermaids or gnomes, and usually magic or enchantments. However, only a small number of the stories refer to fairies. The stories may nonetheless be distinguished from other folk narratives such as legends (which generally involve belief in the veracity of the events described)[1] and explicitly moral tales, including beast fables.
    In less technical contexts, the term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in "fairy tale ending" (a happy ending)[2] or "fairy tale romance" (though not all fairy tales end happily). Colloquially, a "fairy tale" or "fairy story" can also mean any far-fetched story or tall tale; it's used especially of any story that not only isn't true, but couldn't possibly be true.
    In cultures where demons and witches are perceived as real, fairy tales may merge into legends, where the narrative is perceived both by teller and hearers as being grounded in historical truth. However, unlike legends and epics, they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, people, and events; they take place once upon a time rather than in actual times.[3]
    Fairy tales are found in oral and in literary form. The history of the fairy tale is particularly difficult to trace because only the literary forms can survive. Still, the evidence of literary works at least indicates that fairy tales have existed for thousands of years, although not perhaps recognized as a genre; the name "fairy tale" was first ascribed to them by Madame d'Aulnoy in the late 17th century. Many of today's fairy tales have evolved from centuries-old stories that have appeared, with variations, in multiple cultures around the world.[4] Fairy tales, and works derived from fairy tales, are still written today.
    People whose brains have more backbone than a jellyfish don't have to make up the stuff that LRL'ers post, the LRL'ers do it themselves without any prodding.
    That’ s your right to believe in fairy tales...Art

  5. #4
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    Believe - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Definition of BELIEVE
    intransitive verb
    1
    a: to have a firm religious faith b: to accept something as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts>
    2
    : to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something <believe in exercise>
    3
    : to hold an opinion : think <I believe so>
    transitive verb
    1
    a: to consider to be true or honest <believe the reports> <you wouldn't believe how long it took> b: to accept the word or evidence of <I believe you> <couldn't believe my ears>
    2
    : to hold as an opinion : suppose <I believe it will rain soon>
    be·liev·ernoun
    not believe
    : to be astounded at <I couldn't believe my luck>
    See believe defined for English-language learners »
    See believe defined for kids »
    Examples of BELIEVE

    1. The scientists believed the reports.
    2. Many people seem to believe that theory, but I find it hard to believe.
    3. You shouldn't believe everything you read.
    4. He says he'll help us, but I don't believe what he says.
    5. They were tricked into believing that he was a doctor.
    6. He says he'll help us, but I don't believe him.
    7. She went to church because her family expected it, but she didn't really believe.
    8. I have watched the many ways that teachers demonstrate pleasure in what students have said or done. I used to believe that teachers needed to present a stoic face for fear of losing control—as if smiling caused bad behavior. —Nancy Mack, English Journal, September 2008

    Fairy tale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A fairy tale (pronounced /ˈfeəriˌteɪl/) is a type of short story that typically features folkloric fantasy characters, such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, dwarves, giants, mermaids or gnomes, and usually magic or enchantments. However, only a small number of the stories refer to fairies. The stories may nonetheless be distinguished from other folk narratives such as legends (which generally involve belief in the veracity of the events described)[1] and explicitly moral tales, including beast fables.
    In less technical contexts, the term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in "fairy tale ending" (a happy ending)[2] or "fairy tale romance" (though not all fairy tales end happily). Colloquially, a "fairy tale" or "fairy story" can also mean any far-fetched story or tall tale; it's used especially of any story that not only isn't true, but couldn't possibly be true.
    In cultures where demons and witches are perceived as real, fairy tales may merge into legends, where the narrative is perceived both by teller and hearers as being grounded in historical truth. However, unlike legends and epics, they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, people, and events; they take place once upon a time rather than in actual times.[3]
    Fairy tales are found in oral and in literary form. The history of the fairy tale is particularly difficult to trace because only the literary forms can survive. Still, the evidence of literary works at least indicates that fairy tales have existed for thousands of years, although not perhaps recognized as a genre; the name "fairy tale" was first ascribed to them by Madame d'Aulnoy in the late 17th century. Many of today's fairy tales have evolved from centuries-old stories that have appeared, with variations, in multiple cultures around the world.[4] Fairy tales, and works derived from fairy tales, are still written today.
    People whose brains have more backbone than a jellyfish don't have to make up the stuff that LRL'ers post, the LRL'ers do it themselves without any prodding.
    That’ s your right to believe in fairy tales...Art

  6. #5
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Note to Moderator: I do not know how to report a post as harassment, but woof! has been continually harassing me with his ridicule about something he cannot understand. The fact that he works for Fisher and Teknetics is a conflict of interest. He should not be allowed to harass and ridicule forum users. And it's not just against LRL users. He instigates harassment against people who use other brands of metal detectors. too.
    Well, Mike, you're just providing more examples.

    1. I understand quite well what I'm ridiculing, it's LRL fraud and the kind of thinking that sucks people into it.

    2. The fact I work for Fisher and Teknetics is not a conflict of interest. Fisher has been in the real long range locating business for nearly 80 years selling apparatus that actually works and everyone agrees that it works, that's why it isn't called "LRL". For guys (like Mike) who sell LRL's of the "electronic fraud" type to be posting here could be regarded as a conflict of interest, but I don't object to it, their posts reveal what they're up to. (Welcome back, Dell!)

    3. This is a forum. When you post stuff that other people disagree with, you should expect it to be critiqued, that's what forums are. Heck, you've made all kinds of insults and false assertions about me, and I haven't complained to the moderators. I have complained to the moderators about one person and it wasn't you.

    4. Mike's (false) assertion that I "instigate harassment against people who use other brands of metal detectors too" is just another instance of what Mike frequently does here-- makes up fairy tales about people and states them as purported fact. Mike, if you want to be banned for knowingly making false accusations against forum members, man up and ask the moderators to do it. Meanwhile I'm fine with you posting here because you do such a thorough job of discrediting LRL's.

    --Toto

  7. #6
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    ~woof~
    2. The fact I work for Fisher and Teknetics is not a conflict of interest. Fisher has been in the real long range locating business for nearly 80 years selling apparatus that actually works and everyone agrees that it works, that's why it isn't called "LRL". For guys (like Mike) who sell LRL's of the "electronic fraud" type to be posting here could be regarded as a conflict of interest, but I don't object to it, their posts reveal what they're up to. (Welcome back, Dell!)
    Thank you woof...Art

  8. #7
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Mike, in post #3 it was you who dumped whiny garbage on your thread.


    Mike, this is a forum. Expect critique. If what you want is someplace where nobody will contradict you, try the bathroom mirror. Mirror, mirror on the wall....... hmmm, even with the bathroom mirror you run the risk of contradiction.

    As for Art's lengthy irrelevant wiki spams, he does it to everyone, not just you. I admit it's irritating, but the mods don't seem inclined to call him out on it, so get used to it.

    --Toto

  9. #8
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Lockheed Martin developed a ground communications system for miners that is similar to ground radio, which is similar to MFD transmitter. It uses extremely low power to transmit up to a half-mile, just like an MFD can do.
    Where've we seen that before? In the "blind-dowsing thread".

    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Of course there is more to the MFD transmitter than a simple radio transmitter like the skeptic electronics nerds want you to believe. For those interested, you can read up on ground radio, or ground communications. Recently a system was developed by Lockheed Martin for an underground mining communications system using this same principle. Extremely low power can transmit distances over a half mile--something the skeptics refuse to admit but MFD users have known for decades.
    That logic is like saying "NASA put a man on the moon, so that proves my slingshot for catapulting housecats to Mars really works." It obviously ain't rocket science!

    Some of us actually know about underground radio and about transmitting very long distances with low power. Engineered products that work. Knowing what the real stuff is, is good background for knowing what the fairy tale stuff is.

    --Toto

  10. #9
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Mike, check out the "Is there a Long Range Locator...?" thread, the sticky at the top of the forum. You posted in that thread. That's where you explained why it's unlikely that anyone can actually find buried gold with an LRL.

    There are however people who "use" LRL's/MFD's. Ain't no disputin' that one! We read their posts, even see their Youtube videos. What's missing in all that is any credible evidence that those gizmos are actually of any use for successfully locating and recovering otherwise unknown valuables, no matter how much fun they might be for outdoors parlor games. Not one LRL fan was willing to take the "Is there a Long Range Locator...?" proposition seriously. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Remember who took it seriously? Myself and Carl!

    Remember, if you want to know whether LRL's are frauds, read the advertising! The manufacturers nearly always reveal that they know the things are frauds. The salespitch is to gullibillies, and in most cases they're careful to "qualify the mark" before the sale so that even if the customer figures out the thing is useless, he won't admit that he was defrauded.

    Remember the Gravitator? It's found more treasure....... surely you know the story by now. Thomas is a smart businessman and you may have noticed he doesn't post on LRL forums.

    If you've got one that isn't a fraud, please kindly explain what makes yours different from all those other fraudulent units.

    But wait! if it's a real locator, one that actually works, then it's not an LRL! Everyone knows, I don't have to make this up!

    --Toto

  11. #10
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    ~woof~
    There are however people who "use" LRL's/MFD's. Ain't no disputin' that one!
    Thank you woof...Yes there are 1000’s of us
    We read their posts, even see their Youtube videos.
    Yes there are many

    What's missing in all that is any credible evidence that those gizmos are actually of any use for successfully locating and recovering otherwise unknown valuables, no matter how much fun they might be for outdoors parlor games.
    We know that you claim all the photo’s, stories of finds and movies are all fakes.

    Not one LRL fan was willing to take the "Is there a Long Range Locator...?" proposition seriously. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Remember who took it seriously? Myself and Carl!
    Gee..I see many people who have told Marc how they would look for his treasure. I also see 24 pages of posts
    Remember, if you want to know whether LRL's are frauds, read the advertising! The manufacturers nearly always reveal that they know the things are frauds.
    Reading comprehension again

    The salespitch is to gullibillies, and in most cases they're careful to "qualify the mark" before the sale so that even if the customer figures out the thing is useless, he won't admit that he was defrauded.
    Now you say that over 10000 treasure hunters won’t admit that they were screwed?
    But wait! if it's a real locator, one that actually works, then it's not an LRL! Everyone knows, I don't have to make this up!
    What would you like us to call them?...Art

  12. #11
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    ~woof~
    The salespitch is to gullibillies, and in most cases they're careful to "qualify the mark" before the sale so that even if the customer figures out the thing is useless, he won't admit that he was defrauded.
    Those that have been scammed..
    Just another s failed keptic talking point...Art

  13. #12

    Apr 2012
    Wa. State
    Quattro, DeLeon, Tiger Shark, Garrett probe , 5" concentric , 10.5 " DD & 18" DD for minelabs. 8" coil hard wired to TS
    569
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Perhaps some of the finds with LRL are not posted because real treasure is of such value that the finder doesn't share for fear of loosing it. The fact that it is long range and that all land belongs to someone with at least a claim on it may have something to do with it! You have to dig it up to prove it after all. The ones who don't go through all the legal channels and dig it up anyway are not telling anyone. The ones who think something is there but don't break any laws to prove it, give up. A dilemma.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

  14. #13
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	930.3 KB 
ID:	646529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sing.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	646530
    BLM is the biggest problem...The rules are that the treasure is theirs. If they find out they will follow you for years. Many treasure hunters have been waiting for years to get permits to dig. Many treasure hunters have claims filed against them..Everyone has their hands out. Then there is IRS...Would you want to dig in these ares?...Art

  15. #14

    Apr 2012
    Wa. State
    Quattro, DeLeon, Tiger Shark, Garrett probe , 5" concentric , 10.5 " DD & 18" DD for minelabs. 8" coil hard wired to TS
    569
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    When in high school and we were on a winning streak it was unlucky to wash your t-shirt, we all did it and smelled pretty bad until we eventually lost. I actually think it helped with the team sticking together even if it didn't make complete sense. I think a little of that is needed here, we are all treasure hunters after all and there are enough of those trying to do away with treasure hunting for us not to get along.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

  16. #15
    us
    Oct 2009
    4,299
    1778 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot zone View Post
    When in high school and we were on a winning streak it was unlucky to wash your t-shirt, we all did it and smelled pretty bad until we eventually lost. I actually think it helped with the team sticking together even if it didn't make complete sense. I think a little of that is needed here, we are all treasure hunters after all and there are enough of those trying to do away with treasure hunting for us not to get along.
    Glad to see you equate LRL users with superstitions!

  17. #16
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    ~Hot zone~
    I actually think it helped with the team sticking together even if it didn't make complete sense. I think a little of that is needed here, we are all treasure hunters after all and there are enough of those trying to do away with treasure hunting for us not to get along.
    I just read an article about how some Senator got metal detectors banded in Florida. He makes a mistake and people get punished. That what happens when people who know very little about our hobby gets involved. I don’t blame people who are afraid of losing their jobs for being upset..but when they lie about the tool of my chose I get upset..Art
    Last edited by aarthrj3811; Jun 19, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

  18. #17
    LRL fraud debunked

    Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    982
    184 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by aarthrj3811 View Post
    ~Hot zone~

    I just read an article about how some Senator got metal detectors banded in Florida. He makes a mistake and people get punished. That what happens when people who know very little about our hobby gets involved. I don’t blame people who are afraid of losing their jobs for being upset..but when they lie about the tool of my chose I get upset..Art

    Another "skeptics don't have to make this stuff up" post from the LRL fan club.

    What was allegedly banned? Does "a Senator" even have the power to do that anyplace besides his own private property? What is Art's supposed tool choice, and what forum is this? Why isn't Dell complaining? And, has the unnamed Senator ever even heard of LRL's? Who is the mysterious Senator? State or Federal legislature? Does the cuss even live in Florida? What is the nature of the alleged ban?

    This doesn't sound to me like an Art fantasy, it sounds like something that someone emailed to Art hoping he would post it as though it had some merit. The problem is that if it does have merit, there is absolutely zero evidence in the post, none whatsoever.

    Art, I hereby request clarification.

    If you fell victim to an email scam by someone whom you thought was a buddy, I recommend choosing your friends more carefully. You and I may disagree on a lot of stuff, but I treat you with more respect than that.

    --Toto

  19. #18
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    Did you say something?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan0001.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	647135

  20. #19
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2012
    3,501
    2065 times
    Hmmmm,i won,t trade sides to keep arguing but this would be the place. Like fishing i don,t care what you use (legally) having learned not to say something won,t work only to be proven wrong. Use what works for you. Chiming in on post #1. Buzz or energy aura,my bad not providing documentation,its been too long. But years ago someone or organization photographed out line of human energy however weak. The interesting part was some amputees who could feel missing limbs showed continued outline where those who couldn,t outline did not show missing limb. I Feel phantom "pain"in missing limb,many do,a buzz could describe it,it varies. With the amount of water in our bodies and a weak current accepted in most minds more studies would sure be welcome. Lrls not used by me(in time perhaps)as i have enough trouble at close range! Thanks for thread,play nice. Sorry left something out. Best discription of phantom pain is mind sends constant signals to body,constant feedback confirming status. When signals not returned brain through default will replicate last recieved. Tied to aura study raises question of effect of mind and body on dowsing ,lrl ect. Thanks again.
    Last edited by releventchair; Jun 21, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

  21. #20
    us
    The Watcher

    Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    7,521
    188 times
    ~releventchair~
    1. Hey , I.don,t have all the answers but sometimes coffee tastes better over an open fire.

    Correct..Art

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. dont buzz me bro
    By aa battery in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2009, 12:33 PM
  2. what`s all the buzz about?
    By PALEOMAN in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2008, 08:59 PM
  3. Just a little buzz in your ear, and color in your eye!
    By Frodov in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
  4. buzz for silver. but got a...
    By dtsnmike240z in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2007, 05:45 PM
  5. Burn and a Buzz....
    By DETREASUREHNTR in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2006, 03:32 PM

Search tags for this page

dowsers michigan
,

dowsing devices

,
ionic metal detector
,
long range detector with calculator
,
long range metal detector
,
lrl for ionization dowsing
,

lrl metal detector

,
lrl metal detectors
,

metal detector dowsing

,
what's a ion
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3