Does Anyone have a RangerTell Examiner

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I do..I have a long list of things I can locate....I have not used all the codes yet but I have no doubt they will work...A few years ago I always purchased my beer at one little store. I noticed that the new bills I got in change did not feel right..So I checked each one for a few weeks. 2/3 of them were fake. I talked to the local police and they found that the guy that owned 6 stores was passing fake dollars...He was getting rich one dollar at a time..
Some of the other things are... STEEL: MANGANESE: LEAD: COPPER: ANTIMONY: COAL: DIESEL FUEL: DIAMOND: Arsenic= Barium= Bismuth= Boron= Cadmium= Calcium= Carbon= Chromium= Cobalt=Graphite And many others...Art
Art, I think you missed my question. You have a picture of some finds. Are those your finds, including the dollar bill, found with your unit? TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they are..Art
The picture of the dollar bill and coins is the exact same picture that is on the RangerTell website. Do you have a vested (monetary) intrerest in the sale or promotion of the RangerTell products? Carl Moreland presents a good case for Rangertell's fakery. Convince me otherwise. I normally don't follow this tread so I may have missed a ligitimate scientific explainantion. TTC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, actually the RangerTell web site presents a good case for RangerTell's fakery.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~TerryC~
The picture of the dollar bill and coins is the exact same picture that is on the RangerTell website.
Yes they are.. along with other finds and stories of some of my hunts
Do you have a vested (monetary) intrerest in the sale or promotion of the RangerTell products?
No I don’t...I just like the product.
Carl Moreland presents a good case for Rangertell's fakery.
That’s funny..You may want to question him..
Convince me otherwise. I normally don't follow this tread so I may have missed a ligitimate scientific explainantion. TTC
Sorry...Every one of the skeptic’s claims made on this forum has been discussed..Art

K

Kentucky Kache

Being employed by a detector company. Would that be a vested interest?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
~TerryC~

Yes they are.. along with other finds and stories of some of my hunts

No I don’t...I just like the product.

That’s funny..You may want to question him..

Sorry...Every one of the skeptic’s claims made on this forum has been discussed..Art
Ok, Art. Your answer is short and sweet. I'll do more homework. You got me there. I would not ask you to go over old ground. The Moreland article a speak of is copywrited so I cannot quote him.... and the article is dated 2004.... dated to say the least. Anyway, I am not a proponent of LRLs (a flake at 8 miles?) so we'll leave it at that. Take care. TTC

K

Kentucky Kache

Ok, Art. Your answer is short and sweet. I'll do more homework. You got me there. I would not ask you to go over old ground. The Moreland article a speak of is copywrited so I cannot quote him.... and the article is dated 2004.... dated to say the least. Anyway, I am not a proponent of LRLs (a flake at 8 miles?) so we'll leave it at that. Take care. TTC

Let's not leave it until we've further explored "vested interest."

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's not leave it until we've further explored "vested interest."
KK, I cannot nor will I question Art's answer that he has no vested interest. I must take his answer at face value. Sorry. As for the thread, it's like a prize fight that both sides claim a win..... and a re-match is set.... over and over again. Take care, my friend. TTC

K

Kentucky Kache

KK, I cannot nor will I question Art's answer that he has no vested interest. I must take his answer at face value. Sorry. As for the thread, it's like a prize fight that both sides claim a win..... and a re-match is set.... over and over again. Take care, my friend. TTC

I'm not referring to Art. But if you truly believe what you just said, then why did you contribute?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TerryC~
Anyway, I am not a proponent of LRLs (a flake at 8 miles?) so we'll leave it at that. Take care.
I don’t know very much about the newer models..The only one that I have used with an Eight Mile Range was a Range Master...If anyone is thinking about buying one with that kind of Range I have to caution them...If you are going to use it in places like the Sierra Nevada’s it is not a good idea. If you are not using it in an area where you can not use an off road vehicle it will not be worthwhile...If you have ever followed a signal all day to recover 3 flakes of gold you will know what I mean...After doing that I started looking for something that would give me more information from the start....Art

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not referring to Art. But if you truly believe what you just said, then why did you contribute?
I contributed, KK, because I am curious. I would like to know what makes a LRL "tick". I kept an open mind about dowsing also, till I read here on the Net that dowsing was used by the US GOVT to look for water. The USGS site clearly stated that they DO NOT use dowsing. Most on this thread would make good politicians as they "dance" around the the question and when unable to refute the questioneer, resort to heated lambasting as an answer. I don't do the "my way or the highway" arguements. I'm just curious, that's all. I don't know enough about the devices to comfortably argue a point. Tnx for the reply, my friend. TTC

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No offense meant but I thought since their 1800s it has been pretty widely known that dowsing "results" were nothing but ideomotor actions? Same thing that move the ouija board or makes a hand held pendulum move. I thought LRL used real electronics and had a real scientific basis.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~0121stockpicker~
No offense meant but I thought since their 1800s it has been pretty widely known that dowsing "results" were nothing but ideomotor actions? Same thing that move the ouija board or makes a hand held pendulum move.
It seems that since 1852 we have learned a lot about the Idemotor effect...We have learned that it can be controlled and taught to be an advantage to us.
I thought LRL used real electronics and had a real scientific basis.
All I know is that they are Electronic. I know they work for me and others. I also know if I try to Dowse with my units I am doomed to failure. ...Art

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, been watching the debate on this site and trying to research and make up my own mind. Would still like to learn a lot more about LRL, though I don't know why many seem to equate it to dowsing which seems to rely more on occult / magic type powers as opposed to the electronics in LRL.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...though I don't know why many seem to equate it to dowsing which seems to rely more on occult / magic type powers as opposed to the electronics in LRL.

The vast majority of LRLs are just dowsing rods. The electronics are added to make you feel good about spending a ton of money on a dowsing rod.

K

Kentucky Kache

I contributed, KK, because I am curious. I would like to know what makes a LRL "tick". I kept an open mind about dowsing also, till I read here on the Net that dowsing was used by the US GOVT to look for water. The USGS site clearly stated that they DO NOT use dowsing. Most on this thread would make good politicians as they "dance" around the the question and when unable to refute the questineer, resort to heated lambasting as an answer. I don't do the "my way or the highway" arguements. I'm just curious, that's all. I don't know enough about the devices to comfortably argue a point. Tnx for the reply, my friend. TTC

In short, you just described Carl. If you don't believe it, just follow every LRL post and see for yourself. I can't figure out why anyone would get so upset over the way other people hunt for treasure. Oh, wait a minute, maybe I DO know why. Could it have anything to do with vested interest?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee Terry....Water Dowsing is a known fact..It has a record of thousands of years..Just because a government organization says something does not change the truth....Art

Water Diviner - Article 3
How does a water dowser work
Your reference (Water Diviner - article 3) refers to the following paper authored by H D Betz: Journal of ScientiJic Exploration, Vol. 9, No. I, pp. 1-43, 1995 0892-33 10194

1995 Society for Scientific Exploration
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_09_1_betz.pdf

The following paper debunks the Betz paper
CSI | Testing Dowsing: The Failure of the Munich Experiments

Your turn.... TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In short, you just described Carl. If you don't believe it, just follow every LRL post and see for yourself. I can't figure out why anyone would get so upset over the way other people hunt for treasure. Oh, wait a minute, maybe I DO know why. Could it have anything to do with vested interest?
KK, I don't understand your point. Are you saying you believe in dowsing, don't believe in dowsing, or that I have a vested interest.... or what? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread