Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for any information about the Ranger Tell Examiner I can find. How it works? What have you found with it that you want to share about? Ease of use? If my brain is dowsing does it affect it? Any other answers about it would help.
Thanks

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
100_0058.GIF More Park Finds.jpg
I own and use a Ranger Tell Examiner TG..There are many devices that are simpler to use but the information that it will give you is worth the trouble. If you try to dowse with any of these devices you are in trouble. I think of anything else but what I am doing when using this device. Ellis mailed me his new Ranger Tell a few years ago. I played with it for a week. I had to learn all over again but it worked. They have answered my questions and sent me all the updates. I now have close to 100 elements that I can search for. That has opened up whole new adventure for me.Marking the location of the target is simple...Just enter a distance of 0.005 and it will be right under your foot...
.Art

`

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. Excellent finds I might say. No bottlecaps, pull tabs, nails, or other junk.. Now that is a locator I want...:hello2:

goranspeed

Greenie
Feb 23, 2010
Serbia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Fisher 1270, Puls star ll pro, Atlantis imperator, White's spectrum eagle, Garrett ace 350, Minelab SE pro, Minelab musketeer advantage, Rangertell, XP Goldmaxx Power, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art. Can you explain to me some of what actually serve code 0.005?
Thank you.
Cheers

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hi...With my unit I can put in the code for @ 100 different objects. I can enter a Depth for my search in feet...I can enter the distance in feet from 0 feet to 5 miles. The 0.005 is the distance I have found that puts the target directly under the front half of my heel...I usually enter the depth that I am willing to dig that day...I enter a distance that I want to walk that day....I only enter the 0.005 to pinpoint exactly where the target is...This eliminates targets that I know I do not want..Art

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
The RT examiner concept is one of the most practical and lightest ways of checking treasure at long range. No doubt about it. Plus as Art said, you get lots of info prior to any move to the site.
However you do need to know how to use it and also need lots of practice, being the pinpointing of the exact area, the most tough part in my opinion.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~hung~
However you do need to know how to use it and also need lots of practice, being the pinpointing of the exact area, the most tough part in my opinion.
In fact I did a little practice this week...Yes I did a lot of practice to learn how to pinpoint with the device...I like to dig small holes so it was important to me. It is also important to have a cheat sheet with you on each hunt...Art

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the Examiner TG different from the regular Examiner model? What factors make the pinpointing hard to do?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
The swingy thingy is too swingy.

A few dabs of superglue in the swivel will fix the problem of ideomotor response noise.
Gee ...I use Graphite Powder on mine to make it swing faster....
~Coyote3~
So is the Examiner TG different from the regular Examiner model? What factors make the pinpointing hard to do?
The newer ones have different operating instructions...I just prefer to dig smaller holes....Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Here's my thoughts before I got one. There is no way that a calculator can detect anything. This has got to be a load of crap. After using mine for a while and some help from Art and R/T, not only did it locate, but size, distance, depth, and even shape can be determined. Granted it can be made very complicated due to the combinations of possible settings, but a few effective settings will get you through. The first thing I would try as a new user would be the nickle setup as it is one of the strongest reactions. Once you experience that, you will be aware of what should happen on other targets. It also reacts strongly to crude oil deposits.
Good hunting.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The Examiner can be used while driving down the highway. I use that method when I have 3 or 4 sites I want to check. The only draw back I have found is that the darn thing will start spinning and tries to beat you up...Art

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help me
I bought many years ago the ranger tell examiner and I dont have the manual
would you write the programs for silver,copper and gold coins,10 metros of distance,0.5m of deep? Must be the calculator in degree or rad?how do I walk about north,south,west and east?
Thanks very much
Rafael

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Rafael...I don’t know what model you have..I have a T.G model...It has to be in the degree mode. I use it in feet mode...to change from meters to feet after you enter the freq hit the mode button and then the +/- button..This setting can change so I always check it with a sample with a cos setting of 1 foot. If it is still in the foot mode I do not reset it.
The original freq were Gold/353...Silver/377....Copper/411...Lead/434...Iron/512 follow by 1 times the freq times 2 equals...

RT recommends that you stand in one spot and sweep a full circle. I do not like to work that way. I prefer to walk a North-South or East-West line. I check the direction before I start...I never carry a compass with me....When searching for gold I never carry my GPS with me as it will interfere with my locator...Art

Last edited:

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks AARTHJ

Hey Rafael...I don’t know what model you have..I have a T.G model...It has to be in the degree mode. I use it in feet mode...to change from meters to feet after you enter the freq hit the mode button and then the +/- button..This setting can change so I always check it with a sample with a cos setting of 1 foot. If it is still in the foot mode I do not reset it.
The original freq were Gold/353...Silver/377....Copper/411...Lead/434...Iron/512 follow by 1 times the freq times 2 equals...

RT recommends that you stand in one spot and sweep a full circle. I do not like to work that way. I prefer to walk a North-South or East-West line. I check the direction before I start...I never carry a compass with me....When searching for gold I never carry my GPS with me as it will interfere with my locator...Art

Thanks very much
I have the ranger tell examiner first version

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey raglan 2003...That was the first model Rt that I tried....I don’t remember the directions to get it to spin...All I remember is that it would spin and lock onto the target....Sorry that I don’t remember more...Art

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own and use a Ranger Tell Examiner TG..There are many devices that are simpler to use but the information that it will give you is worth the trouble. If you try to dowse with any of these devices you are in trouble. I think of anything else but what I am doing when using this device. Ellis mailed me his new Ranger Tell a few years ago. I played with it for a week. I had to learn all over again but it worked. They have answered my questions and sent me all the updates. I now have close to 100 elements that I can search for. That has opened up whole new adventure for me.Marking the location of the target is simple...Just enter a distance of 0.005 and it will be right under your foot...
.Art

`
Art, you find these things with your unit.... including the dollar bill? TTC

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys, I'm extremely interested in searching for a specific exotic metal. Would these long range locators be the way to go as opposed to a traditional metal detector? What is the actual mechanism of detection as opposed to how an md detects?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TerryC~
Art, you find these things with your unit.... including the dollar bill?
Yes I do..I have a long list of things I can locate....I have not used all the codes yet but I have no doubt they will work...A few years ago I always purchased my beer at one little store. I noticed that the new bills I got in change did not feel right..So I checked each one for a few weeks. 2/3 of them were fake. I talked to the local police and they found that the guy that owned 6 stores was passing fake dollars...He was getting rich one dollar at a time..
Some of the other things are... STEEL: MANGANESE: LEAD: COPPER: ANTIMONY: COAL: DIESEL FUEL: DIAMOND: Arsenic= Barium= Bismuth= Boron= Cadmium= Calcium= Carbon= Chromium= Cobalt=Graphite And many others...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread