Golden Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Who the hell came up with the idea of a Gold plated rifle bullet???? I have found all sorts of items that I wasn't looking for but never a bullet on a confirmed gold signal.
This wasn't bad enough, but the larger signal we were on, pinpointed 15 feet from a slew and when approached, gave a good lesson about heavy quicksand and not hunting alone. We had to hack through some of the worst swamp briars yet for 3/4 mile to get there. Took 4 1/2 hrs to get to it. Much blood was spilled.

Back to the bullet. Signal confirmed gold and a 17 ft diameter ring was around the spot. BUT, there was a second ring 19 ft d. also. I was hoping it was the container. Turned out to be lead. Good lesson.

We did determine that the latest changes put us right on top of the target. This was the second field trip that exact pinpoint was accurate. No rings or watches this time.

Next trip was not in Devil's Swamp and had a little more than a bullet to look for. Results were first confirmed by E-Trac, and previous searches, but that's a different story.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i think im more interested in the 19 foot diameter ring made out of lead in the swamp than part of a trophy ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions