Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Pretty much all of the MFD type locators can go up to one mile under optimum conditions. Most give a conservative number of a quarter mile and that's a big area There's an old one from Nevada that claimed eight miles. That's getting into dowsing territory. Some people get confused between the two (dowsing vs. MFD locator). Dell Winders has been doing the MFD longer than anyone. He is the person who discovered using L-rods was easier than the electronic receivers that he and Vernon Rose used back in the 1970's. If you want information, he is THE go-to guy.
The guy in Nevada was Bob Yokum and his product was a Range Master..Yes it had a range of 8 miles...Searching 64 square miles at a time was a lot of work for one day..I have used LRL’s that were designed to search every distance from ¼ mile to 8 miles and found gold with them all...I don’t know what the optimum conditions are..I find that in the search area many different types of conditions are present. From streams (wet) to sandy and many different minerals can be present...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, eight miles radius at pi r squared comes out to about 200 square miles. Those guys can't even do simple math. Yes, there is probably some gold there. Let's see, eight miles (vs 2300 meters about a mile and a half) sold in the USA, I don't recall Yokum getting arrested by the FCC for selling such an illegal device, or maybe it was legal? Or maybe every word out of someone's mouth is phony?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Okay, eight miles radius at pi r squared comes out to about 200 square miles. Those guys can't even do simple math. Yes, there is probably some gold there. Let's see, eight miles (vs 2300 meters about a mile and a half) sold in the USA, I don't recall Yokum getting arrested by the FCC for selling such an illegal device, or maybe it was legal? Or maybe every word out of someone's mouth is phony?
Gee guy....My question was....is it legal to sell it in the USA?...Will it interfere with other electronic equipment...The FCC only approves devices that are low power and does not interfere with other devices...Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Though I haven't used the Rayfinder, I have used different units at different voltages and personally found better results with
the lower powered units. MY OPINION ONLY. I also have found in dowsing that using too large a witness reduces my results.
Again, MY OPINION ONLY.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Rich....That is how it works for me...Those heavy 12 volt batteries were a complete pain...Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Hi Art,
Interesting to me to see you have similar results.
To theorize, in dowsing there is a "Union ray" where similar objects have a union ray between them and you can follow the line
(or ray) from the witness to the similar target. In LRL's the signal is the witness. I theorize that the bigger of the two is easier
to read on, so the smaller the witness (or signal), the stronger the attraction to the target.
Any way, that is my take, some other users may want to chime in also.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
100_0969_01.jpg Hey Rich...I don’t think very much about theories...I read everything and try it..If it works I use it...Just finished taking 5 gallons of cons down to 30 mesh..When I have enough I will take it down to 200 mesh and take all the micro gold out...Art

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Well Art, looks like you are doing a lot right, way to go!
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread