Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~TreasurePirate69~
so do you have a video or any other proof that the RT when held in a vise will actually work? Does it follow a piece of gold when you wave it past the device or does it just sit there while you claim "see, working perfectly"?
I said I have saw an experiment where the RT worked while held in a vice..the URL is posted on this board..look at it for yourself
You are like a boxer that when beaten to a pulp, lays on the mat claiming "he never touched me". You tap dance all around the points made by others and spin your information faster than a 45 record. This doesn't make you right. But it does make you look silly.
You can set at your desk and treasure hunt all that you want..You seem to have a problem with how our devices work when used the way it was designed to work. No big deal..I have saw no points to tap dance around...Art

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~TreasurePirate69~
I said I have saw an experiment where the RT worked while held in a vice..the URL is posted on this board..look at it for yourself
You can set at your desk and treasure hunt all that you want..You seem to have a problem with how our devices work when used the way it was designed to work. No big deal..I have saw no points to tap dance around...Art

Care to share the URL of this experiment or at least some search terms to try to find it? I can't even find my own posts half the time let alone a post that could be years old and may not even be called something related to the subject at hand. Thanks.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~TreasurePirate69~

By the way I have no problem with you using your device the way it was designed to work. As long as you understand "how it was designed to work". Frankly, if you decided you wanted to spend your whole life's savings on LRL's then that is your business.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aren't talking about this URL right? If so, you clearly must be joking. I see no gold in that video and I don't see the device move by itself. So clearly this is not the proof you are talking about. I would expect proof that the device doesn't need to be held to include showing the device move in response to gold. At the very least, it needs to be proven that the device isn't just mounted/angled in such a fashion that it is returning to a specific direction due to gravity. This video contains no proof of anything. The only thing it proves is that the maker of the video does not understand science and the idea of "proof".

New Page 2

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
By the way I have no problem with you using your device the way it was designed to work. As long as you understand "how it was designed to work". Frankly, if you decided you wanted to spend your whole life's savings on LRL's then that is your business.
Gee...If you want a device that requires no hands there are a lot of those devices on the market...there is one in south America that searches on its own...but of course it cost around a million bucks...And yes it is my money and my decision on how I want to spend it...If a few bucks is going to take your life savings I don’t think it would be wise to buy a LRL,,,Art

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think too many people contributing to this thread are committing the crime of fighting to win the conversation instead of to reach the truth. The fact is that there is nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of an LRL device. There's nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of Star Trek sensor arrays. We just don't know (yet) how to accomplish those goals. Anyone who says otherwise claims to have a perfect knowledge of physics and needs to provide a formula, an observation, or some other real thing to show that the principle of an LRL device (of any and all designs) can't actually work. Considering how many ways one might build any kind of machine, perhaps the claim of impossibility is due to nothing more than a lack of imagination? Some once thought it was impossible to break the sound barrier and it turns out that we were wrong. Some once thought it was impossible to travel between planets. We were wrong. Some people make themselves into career cynics and form organisations like The Flat Earth Society. Now there are some folks who love to claim impossibility!

Impossibility is quite a heavy claim to have to prove.

The Flat Earth Society

P.S. If you find yourself thinking, then you're not meditating. The activity/experience is more akin to totally passive observation and intentional awareness. It's more like absorbing than creating. :)

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think too many people contributing to this thread are committing the crime of fighting to win the conversation instead of to reach the truth. The fact is that there is nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of an LRL device. There's nothing inherent in physics that prevents the construction of Star Trek sensor arrays. We just don't know (yet) how to accomplish those goals. Anyone who says otherwise claims to have a perfect knowledge of physics and needs to provide a formula, an observation, or some other real thing to show that the principle of an LRL device (of any and all designs) can't actually work. Considering how many ways one might build any kind of machine, perhaps the claim of impossibility is due to nothing more than a lack of imagination? Some once thought it was impossible to break the sound barrier and it turns out that we were wrong. Some once thought it was impossible to travel between planets. We were wrong. Some people make themselves into career cynics and form organisations like The Flat Earth Society. Now there are some folks who love to claim impossibility!

Impossibility is quite a heavy claim to have to prove.

The Flat Earth Society

P.S. If you find yourself thinking, then you're not meditating. The activity/experience is more akin to totally passive observation and intentional awareness. :)

Just because it is impossible to prove that Santa Claus doesn't exist doesn't mean that it is realistic to believe in him. You make the classic ridiculous argument to try and back up something that current science says is impossible. Not just current science, but also current common sense. Current physics does NOT support the ability of an LRL to find a small piece of gold at over a mile. Talking about resonance as if it is some sort of accepted explanation is ridiculous. Even if scientists agreed that gold resonated, they certainly don't agree that you can detect the resonation at more than a handful of inches at best. It's like saying that all things smell so it must be possible to create a device that can detect a stink bug at 100 miles. I don't care how imaginative you may be, common sense tells us that it is impossible regardless of whether or not we can prove otherwise. Just because an item has a specific attribute does not mean that the attribute is detectable at great lengths.

This is not the 1700's anymore. Although there is much left for science to figure out, we have been accelerating exponentially in our knowledge of how the world works. LRL claims are bound by beliefs that were figured out over a hundred years ago. To say that current science lacks the understanding to refute such claims is laughable at best. You might even be better off joining that Flat Earth society. It is folly to ignore what science HAS already figured out just because science hasn't figure everything out. You sit here on a computer reading this because science has great understanding of energy and transmission capabilities. To think that some guy living in a trailer park in Florida has more knowledge of science than all the other scientists in the world is complete lunacy. Trust me, scientists have been trying to figure out how to find gold for thousands of years. It is a never ending quest. If resonance and signal lines had any real merit there would be college courses teaching about it at your local universtity. And not by some crackpot professor but by respected members of the scientific community.

You talk about truth but it is clear to anyone who has an open mind that there is only one side that is interested in actually exposing the truth. The other side has their head in the sand and resorts to tap dancing all around simple logical questions that obviously show that LRL's are nothing more than dowsing machines at ridiculously high prices. You want to expose the truth? Then explain to me truthfully why an LRL like the RangerTell NEEDS to be held by a human hand to operate correctly. If it is just a bunch of electronics then why can't someone set it on a table and watch it swing back and forth when a coin is waved around it? We all know the answer. If you really care about the truth then perhaps you'd care to answer publicly... until then, keep beating the "science doesn't know everything" drum and see how far it gets you.

My momma don't know everything, but she knows enough not to grab a bull by the tail.

Last edited:

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LRL claims are bound by beliefs that were figured out over a hundred years ago. To say that current science lacks the understanding to refute such claims is laughable at best.
All of them? How can you know about all possible designs of any kind of machine? You would have to test every LRL machine in existence in order to rationally claim that none of them work. Even then you still have no real basis for claiming that no one could ever build such a machine. Please provide me with scientific data that will dispell my doubts. What makes you think that it couldn't ever be plausible under any circumstances?

If resonance and signal lines had any real merit there would be college courses teaching about it at your local universtity. And not by some crackpot professor but by respected members of the scientific community.
So, if it were real, we would already know about it. Therefore, whatever we don't already know isn't real? Why does science exist if progress is impossible? Hasn't the "impossible" become possible many times?

You talk about truth but it is clear to anyone who has an open mind that there is only one side that is interested in actually exposing the truth. The other side has their head in the sand and resorts to tap dancing all around simple logical questions that obviously show that LRL's are nothing more than dowsing machines at ridiculously high prices.
To quote myself, "I think too many people contributing to this thread are committing the crime of fighting to win the conversation instead of to reach the truth." It's not about sides.

You want to expose the truth? Then explain to me truthfully why an LRL like the RangerTell NEEDS to be held by a human hand to operate correctly. If it is just a bunch of electronics then why can't someone set it on a table and watch it swing back and forth when a coin is waved around it?
I am not familiar with the specific operations of any of these machines and I'm starting to get the impression that you aren't either. In any case, one scam machine doesn't logically say anything about any other machine. Some may be scams and others actual attempts at achieving real effects that succeed to varying extents, remembering that there is no such thing as a perfect machine.

We all know the answer.
Now this one is just a fallacy on its face.

I would like to engage you in some serious conversation, sir, but you're not making it easy. I can't prove to you that LRL's are possible any more than you can prove to me that they're impossible. In the end, it doesn't matter what anybody believes, but whether or not a working machine can be built. The only way to answer the question for sure is to build a working machine. If you can't build the working machine, then you'll just never know the answer.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of them? How can you know about all possible designs of any kind of machine? You would have to test every LRL machine in existence in order to rationally claim that none of them work. Even then you still have no real basis for claiming that no one could ever build such a machine. Please provide me with scientific data that will dispell my doubts. What makes you think that it couldn't ever be plausible under any circumstances?

So, if it were real, we would already know about it. Therefore, whatever we don't already know isn't real? Why does science exist if progress is impossible? Hasn't the "impossible" become possible many times?

To quote myself, "I think too many people contributing to this thread are committing the crime of fighting to win the conversation instead of to reach the truth." It's not about sides.

I am not familiar with the specific operations of any of these machines and I'm starting to get the impression that you aren't either. In any case, one scam machine doesn't logically say anything about any other machine. Some may be scams and others actual attempts at achieving real effects that succeed to varying extents, remembering that there is no such thing as a perfect machine.

Now this one is just a fallacy on its face.

I would like to engage you in some serious conversation, sir, but you're not making it easy. I can't prove to you that LRL's are possible any more than you can prove to me that they're impossible. In the end, it doesn't matter what anybody believes, but whether or not a working machine can be built. The only way to answer the question for sure is to build a working machine. If you can't build the working machine, then you'll just never know the answer.

So, can you even prove to me that anyone has built a working machine? That's all we've ever asked. Whether or not it COULD be done 10,000 years from now with future technolgoy is irrelevant to the discussion. What matters is whether or not ANYONE has built a working LRL to date.

So how would you like to proceed with the discussion? You seem to be an intelligent individual who is capable of making a logical argument. So I guess all we can do is look at current LRL claims and try to come to some consensus as to whether or not the claims made for such an LRL seem feasible based on the technology that is supposedly being used. My vote is to discuss the RangerTell since we have a resident expert who has done videos of it. Of course, proving that the RangerTell actually works finishes the argument because it shows that it is indeed possible for a working LRL to be built. Proving that the RangerTell doesn't work doesn't mean that all LRL's are bogus. But I'm happy to cross that bridge when we come to it.

It seems to me that if a RangerTell user could post a single, simple video this whole mess could be cleared up immediately. If the following video were posted I would have to agree that LRL's are not complete scams and that it would be possible for them to actually work. Here is what I would consider to be required. Please let me know if you disagree with these requirements.

1. Create a video using a RangerTell device being operated/configured by a user who understands the proper way to set it up. We don't want anyone to claim that the video is invalid because the device was not being used correctly.
2. Fix the RangerTell in a vise or other type of clamp that holds the handle of the LRL stationary but allows the antenna portion to swing freely. This would require the device to be fairly well balanced so that it can swing in response to targets.
3. Show the device initially being spun by hand so that we can see that there are no strings or other tricks being used. The goal is to make sure the device ends up pointing in random locations so that we know it is correctly balanced and free from any external forces.
4. Wait for the device to settle on a single direction.
5. Set a gold or silver coin down close to the device but away from the direction it is currently pointing.
6. At this point we should expect the device to swing toward the coin. This is what we have seen happen when Art is holding the device in his videos. Surely if the device is actually working it should do the same thing when held in a vise or clamp.
7. Move the coin to another location away from where the device is currently pointing. We would expect the device to move by itself and align once again with the coin.

This seems simple enough to me. Care to lobby for Art to perform this test? I think it would go a long way toward showing the truth about that particular device. Other than this test is there some other way that we can get closer to agreement or do you just want to end it now and agree to disagree?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
It seems to me that if a RangerTell user could post a single, simple video this whole mess could be cleared up immediately. If the following video were posted I would have to agree that LRL's are not complete scams and that it would be possible for them to actually work. Here is what I would consider to be required. Please let me know if you disagree with these requirements.
Already been done http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/long-range-locators/165499-my-movie.html
1. Create a video using a RangerTell device being operated/configured by a user who understands the proper way to set it up. We don't want anyone to claim that the video is invalid because the device was not being used correctly.
They already have
2. Fix the RangerTell in a vise or other type of clamp that holds the handle of the LRL stationary but allows the antenna portion to swing freely. This would require the device to be fairly well balanced so that it can swing in response to targets.3. Show the devinitially being spun by hand so that we can see that there are no strings or other tricks being used. The goal is to make sure the device ends up pointing in random locations so that we know it is correctly balanced and free from any external forces.
4. Wait for the device to settle on a single direction.
5. Set a gold or silver coin down close to the device but away from the direction it is currently pointing.
6. At this point we should expect the device to swing toward the coin. This is what we have seen happen when Art is holding the device in his videos. Surely if the device is actually working it should do the same thing when held in a vise or clamp.
7. Move the coin to another location away from where the device is currently pointing. We would expect the device to move by itself and align once again with the coin.
Basically that has been done using a long rod to supply the voltage that is needed to make it operate properly...the only thing that you say tells us that you don’t have a clue to about the usage of these devices.
"The door to Knowledge & Understanding, is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind”

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already been done http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/long-range-locators/165499-my-movie.html

Basically that has been done using a long rod to supply the voltage that is needed to make it operate properly...the only thing that you say tells us that you don’t have a clue to about the usage of these devices.
"The door to Knowledge & Understanding, is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind”

You can't be serious... either you can't read or you are being purposely deceptive. I think it is the latter. Why would you even post a link to a thread where the skeptics have completely skewered you already about how your video doesn't even come close to showing what they've asked for? You continue to throw out garbage in an effort to try and make everyone else just throw up their hands and go away. You figure you can just wear everyone down and end up being the last man standing because the rest have gotten tired of even trying. I can't imagine that there are any LRL proponents out here that are glad you are representing them with your comments.

Tappity tap, hope they go away. Tappity tap, maybe if I delay. Tappity tap, today will be the day!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You can't be serious... either you can't read or you are being purposely deceptive. I think it is the latter. Why would you even post a link to a thread where the skeptics have completely skewered you already about how your video doesn't even come close to showing what they've asked for?
The key words are “skeptics have completely skewered”...Yes that is what they did. ..Yes I found a silver dollar buried in undisturbed ground with a ranger tell...and the excuses just keep coming from the skeptics
You continue to throw out garbage in an effort to try and make everyone else just throw up their hands and go away.
May be they can not stand being wrong but still refuse to except the truth.
You figure you can just wear everyone down and end up being the last man standing because the rest have gotten tired of even trying.
It is what they are trying to do is the reason I am here..
I can't imagine that there are any LRL proponents out here that are glad you are representing them with your comments.
I don’t care

Tappity tap, hope they go away. Tappity tap, maybe if I delay. Tappity tap, today will be the day!
Tell us please....Have you proved anything?...Art

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really messed up!
O.K. TreasurePirate69 has logic covered so I'll leave that up to him even though logic is a good friend of mine.
I've been studying religion and spiritual matters my whole life and seeing the concept of meditation, ego, and manifestation associated with Jesus and the bible is just plain warped!
That religion teaches dependance on Jesus, hierarchy in the church, and a holy book that will leave you chasing your tail in circles.
If you want to learn about meditation, eliminating ego, laws of manifestation, and the science of enlightenment, try studying Buddhism.
This is a classic case of airy/fairy New Age rubbish!
What I mean, is stripping pieces from a religion (that doesn't even use these concepts) and applying them to a ball of circuits and wires attached to a rod.
:laughing7:
Don't get me wrong.....meditation is a very useful practice. Daily life causes much stress on the body via the disturbed mind.
When ego dictates our life, many poor choices are made and we become unbalanced.
In order for us to receive gifts from the Universe, we must empty the mind of all thought. Or let your thoughts flow through without attachment.
Be an observer of your thoughts and emotions. The glass must be empty.
When you have reached this state, you then release your needs or wants to the Universe with intent (based on will) and then completely FORGET about it.
No expectations. Don't chase it.
Trust and it will come to you.
Now, I just gave y'all the basic laws of manifestation. You can now grab a stick, coat hanger, carrot, or even an invisible magic wand and save yourself lots of money.
It's true that divinity is in all things but there's not any more in a LRL than there is in a steaming pile of horseshit.
But the comparison is all the same!
While your at it, study an interesting concept called placebo. I hear many people have been cured from drinking a glass of plain water.
There's much to be discovered about the power of the mind.
Unfortunately, a 2,000 year old religious book will not help. It has been rewritten too many times.
Instead of reading in between the lines, try looking within.
Cheers,
Dave.
P.S. That will be $495 for my wisdom. Send all your payments to me by Friday.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Muddyhandz ~
religion and spiritual matters

Could you please tell us what this has to do with using a LRL to locate and recover treasure using a LRL?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key words are “skeptics have completely skewered”...Yes that is what they did. ..Yes I found a silver dollar buried in undisturbed ground with a ranger tell...and the excuses just keep coming from the skeptics

May be they can not stand being wrong but still refuse to except the truth.

It is what they are trying to do is the reason I am here..

I don’t care

Tell us please....Have you proved anything?...Art

Can you please post a link to a video of you putting the LRL on the ground and showing how it moves in response to a gold or sivler coin without being held in your hand? In other words, actually post/read what was asked of you. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time. Why not actually post the video we ask for instead of constantly tap dancing all around the issue?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Can you please post a link to a video of you putting the LRL on the ground and showing how it moves in response to a gold or sivler coin without being held in your hand?
No I will not
In other words, actually post/read what was asked of you. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time.
Can you tell us which LRL is capable of doing that? What type of the many different models of LRL’s do you want to be used?
Why not actually post the video we ask for instead of constantly tap dancing all around the issue?
It is not my job…You are making the claims …Art

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I will not

Can you tell us which LRL is capable of doing that? What type of the many different models of LRL’s do you want to be used?

It is not my job…You are making the claims …Art

I see. Well, then that settles it I guess. You refuse to post a simple video that would absolutely prove that the RangerTell device is legit. I guess you must have your reasons why you would not want to prove that LRL's actually work and instead show that the likelihood of them working must be very suspect. Which side are you on again? I guess I should thank you for making our job that much easier. :thumbsup:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I see. Well, then that settles it I guess. You refuse to post a simple video that would absolutely prove that the RangerTell device is legit.
I think I have given you a web address that proves that.
I guess you must have your reasons why you would not want to prove that LRL's actually work and instead show that the likelihood of them working must be very suspect.
Yes you have an opinion..
Which side are you on again?
I put all the information I can on this board..I have information on how not to be scammed just in case there may be one unit that does not work.
I guess I should thank you for making our job that much easier
Yes..Thank you for all the double talk..Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread