maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! These are the same bomb detectors that are now being used by the Thai military, in the southern regions. No wonder the bombs are getting through the checkpoints. Of course someone in the government made some good money on this scam.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always said the skeptics bribe certain people with their advertising dollars. But hey, that's how business is done is most parts of the world. If you want the contract you pay 10% under the table.

OP
OP
S

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I ask what this has to do with Treasure Hunting?...Art
It's relevant in as much as this is a forum to do with LRL devices and the story is about LRL's that fail to do what they're supposed to.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be one of the bigger news articles in Thailand now. The army says it hasnt used this bomb detector for two or three years, but then goes on to say that it is still being used by some, because there is no alternative. Its been proved not to work, so they are using a detector that they know doesnt work, what a joke.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read reports that these devices found many bombs and explosives materials. They saved many lives. That alone is worth the high price govt pays. All govt contracts are overpriced and yes, the kickback money is factored into the contract price. Other govt contractors are just like on this forum how the metal detector designers continually attack and harass anyone who uses an LRL because they want more profits. That's greed motivated. Govt contractors are no different other than there is huge more money involved.

No LRL works 100% accurate all the time just like no metal detector can find only gold. I don't think anyone here believes these devices should be used as the only line of defense.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is no joke! Think of all the innocent lives that could be lost from this scam!

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean that metal detectors dont work all the time? Or they dont find only gold? I think that was a bad comparison. How many bombs were not found, because of using this device? Yes, lots of reports that these work, probably reports from people involved with the buying or selling of the device. Especially here in Thailand, no one admits to buying junk, or getting a kick back.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I will stick to finding treasure with my device...If you skeptics want to look for explosives your welcome to use one of these devices...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is no joke! Think of all the innocent lives that could be lost from this scam!

Dave, why do I get the feeling you and Art are one and the same? I just got those vibes.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can hand you a wet noodle, tell you how to use it to find bombs, and you will SWEAR that it actually works. You will report all of the bombs it has helped you find. But we know that it is completely useless in that regard. Any bomb found by these bogus LRL's would have been found anyway. But how many bombs did it miss that could have been found if users were actually paying attention to useful signs instead of paying attention to a useless device? We will never know.

What I find funny is that the LRL crowd can't admit that it is possible that this LRL is a complete scam. Why must your belief system include the requirement that EVERY single LRL must be real or else your whole world falls apart? Isn't it reasonable to still argue that "yes, this one is a scam but some of the others aren't"? Why the need to defend an obvious piece of junk at all costs?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
What I find funny is that the LRL crowd can't admit that it is possible that this LRL is a complete scam. Why must your belief system include the requirement that EVERY single LRL must be real or else your whole world falls apart? Isn't it reasonable to still argue that "yes, this one is a scam but some of the others aren't"? Why the need to defend an obvious piece of junk at all costs?
Yes this is an old story and was discussed when it happened..I do not believe that any LRL can locate all types of bombs or explosives...there are 1000’s of different types of explosives and the units can only locate one type of explosive at a time..When locating Meteorites I use 5 frequencies to locate them...One will not find them most of the time.
We have threads that tells Treasure Hunters how to shop for a LRL..If there should happen to be a LRL that does not work we would like to know... http://www.dhs.gov/bomb-making-materials-awareness-program....Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is an old story and was discussed when it happened..I do not believe that any LRL can locate all types of bombs or explosives...there are 1000’s of different types of explosives and the units can only locate one type of explosive at a time..When locating Meteorites I use 5 frequencies to locate them...One will not find them most of the time.
We have threads that tells Treasure Hunters how to shop for a LRL..If there should happen to be a LRL that does not work we would like to know... http://www.dhs.gov/bomb-making-materials-awareness-program....Art

I can't believe anyone would get everything wrong...except an LRL skeptic exhibiting deception. I guess you looked at the photos and could tell if it works or not. Like I said I read the reports. Hundreds of bombs and explosive materials where detected with the device. Did any get through? Probably but no one knows for sure. A bomb goes off and you can't say it passed through the inspection point but that's the assumption being made here. Phony skeptic logic strikes again.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get these LRL skeptics on here grasping at ten year old straw and you have to wonder if their company is failing. It's pitiful and pathetic.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe anyone would get everything wrong...except an LRL skeptic exhibiting deception. I guess you looked at the photos and could tell if it works or not. Like I said I read the reports. Hundreds of bombs and explosive materials where detected with the device. Did any get through? Probably but no one knows for sure. A bomb goes off and you can't say it passed through the inspection point but that's the assumption being made here. Phony skeptic logic strikes again.

Talk about phony logic... sheesh.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yes...We have read the reposts from Military people whom have had their life’s saved with these types of devices.....Art

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hand you a noodle and tell you that it helps find bombs. You locate a bomb while holding the noodle so you proclaim that the noodle did in fact help you find bombs. I then tell you the noodle is a hoax and does absolutely nothing and that it was in fact just your keen senses of observation that helped you find the bomb. You balk at that explanation and say that the noodle must work after all because you found a bomb while holding it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world scratches their heads at your complete lack of logic...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~TreasurePirate69~
So I hand you a noodle and tell you that it helps find bombs. You locate a bomb while holding the noodle so you proclaim that the noodle did in fact help you find bombs. I then tell you the noodle is a hoax and does absolutely nothing and that it was in fact just your keen senses of observation that helped you find the bomb. You balk at that explanation and say that the noodle must work after all because you found a bomb while holding it. Meanwhile, the rest of the world scratches their heads at your complete lack of logic...
Is Noodling a method of catching Catfish?..I will stick with my devices and methods of locating and recovering gold....Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread