Status
Not open for further replies.

Oye

Greenie
Apr 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys.

Im newbie on "LRLs" and I realize most of them are scams.

However could you mention any kind of detector that scans more than just a single coil and can
scan a just a few squaremeters. Any kind which can detect both small and big gold nuggets, that can
not find the exact location, but still give a clue.

Like a "Gold magnetometer" for example, a REAL "gold radar" that scans 10 squaremeters etc

Anything else than just a coil-based detector that can assist you in hunting.

If you have suggestions, tips, advices then only give it on something youve tried yourself that are
proven and really works. Or that are scientifically proven.

And dowsing might perhaps help, but if they can locate anything I think its mostly for large objects and not small or medium-sized nuggets that could still be worth a many thousand dollars.

And have anybody tried these?
PMR III - PMR III dowsing rod - Simmons PMR III - Anderson PMR III - professional treasure chest hunting dowsing rod

Simmons rods sounds a bit like magic, but Ive never tried them. Any experiences?

Also, what kind of gold detector would you personally recommend to hunt with in Australia?
Any other tips, advice on how to hunt and prospect efficiently are welcome.

Ive also bought one book and will buy a few more. I think gold hunting can give big profits
if you just know what to do, what equipment to use and exactly where to search.

Also I wonder what places in the world do you think has the richest alluvial gold deposits.
Countries, regions, cities, towns etc

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ALL "Long Range Locaters" and dowsing rods are scams - period

Minelab GPX 4000, 4500, 5000

Good Luck!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I personally don’t know much about glorified Dowsing rods..Some people have luck with them but most do not...If you can dowse all that is needed are some basic rods...Hold a small gold nugget in your hand when you do your search.....If you want to experiment with a device and have a hand held walkie-talkie try this....Read your manual and find which channel is t 462.7125....On mine it is channel 7..Now place a gold target on the ground...Now put the talkie on the right channel and use a rubber band to hold the talk button down. Lay it on the ground about 15 feet from the gold..Now walk between the talkie and the gold with a pair of rods..the rods should close..
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all work if you know how to use them. Dowsing is by far the most difficult way to go. Like Fred Stewart says (paraphrased) "If you start learning to dowse at age five and practice every healthy day, by the time you reach thirty years old you should have reached your plateau."

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, and some folks know how to invest in a Ponzi scheme.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation. The Ponzi scheme usually entices new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. Perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to keep the scheme going

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda like being a little bit pregnant

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Urban Dictionary: you can't be just a little bit pregnant
It means that the situation that is being described is a binary. It is something that is either IS or ISN'T. Such as is the case when one is pregnant. One either "is" pregnant or "is not", there is no in between or partial pregnancy. It means it is a situation in which there is no ambiguity or no gray area. You can't be "just a little bit" of certain things.
You can't be just a little bit pregnant when you are talking bankruptcy. You can't be just a little bit bankrupt. You are either bankrupt or not bankrupt.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dowsing either works or doesnt or can you just be a little bit pregnant instead

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The reason I use my LRL..
When I find a signal when Dowsing I just know there is the type of material that I am seeking...I have to follow the signal to the source to determine the depth and size...that can be miles as determined by the weight of the object.
When using my LRL when I locate a signal I can determine the size, depth and distance to the target....In the case of meteorites I can check for mineral contents from that spot....I can also check for other objects buried with the first signal..Like a brass trunk with gold, silver and diamonds in it...Simply more information and less walking...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old MFD I bought from Dell Winders (Haines City, FL) called the Pro GS. It pinpoints better than anything I have used. I think the newer model is called the Pro-4. I haven't used it but Dell said it was similar to the older model.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Signal Line,
I have used the Geo-Surveyor and the Gold Beam from Dell Winders and found them both to pinpoint quickly and accurately.
Rich

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I would purchase a LRL however the concept of physical items having a measurable presence should not be discounted. I think most inventions were poo poohed at one point yet were proven to work once the ancillary tools were in place.

Sticking a calculator onto a car aerial isn't going to do it for me but the principle of finding a field or resonance rounds plausible.

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oye, since you live in Australia, I would suggest Minelab. It's created in Australia and the guy involved in the electronics, I heard is one of the best in ampifying electronic circuits.
As far as the Long Range Locators, I have never seen one working while owners believe they wasted their time and money (at least the ones I have met).
Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread