signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eliminator e-120 is something you might want to look into. I see they lowered their price. It has several individual frequencies you can set it to so it works like an MFD only without the filter. I admit I don't understand it. I hooked up a frequency counter to it but it would not give me a reading. I opened up the case and hooked the meter directly to the circuit board output. Nothing. I can hear it loud and clear on my VLF receiver. The sound is loudest right at the spike. I like it and for the price I doubt you will find anything better. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I don't discuss my projects and rarely discuss my finds. No, haven't found a stack of gold bars, but I have found some gold with it. Haven't been getting out lately, but I still practice in my yard and the solar magnetic interference has been minimal with this unit. It gives a good signal. I started to write on the previous post, you still need the required L-rod skills. If you are like me, well I'm still working on L-rod skills after 30+ years. Maybe I should have said "Highly recommended if you know how to use an MFD". I posted this so people who are in the market can have an alternative to some other higher priced devices that in my opinion are not going to work as well. Actually I have been very reluctant to post this, but I feel guilty not sharing, and I really do not like to see people get ripped off. I'm no salesman, don't know anyone at the company. If you want some criticism on this unit, it does not pinpoint as well as some units. As the stand alone MFD, there is no filter. I usually get two lines that go to each side of the target. At least that is for me. They say you can use it as a stand alone filter, once you get a hot spot you set it up over the spot and turn on the filter. I've never worked with it that way. That's more dowsing and I gave up dowsing as a means of th'ing thirty years ago as way too unreliable.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gee signal line.....It seems to me that you should perform Dells test that would tell you if you may be able to use the Rod type MFD’s...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even remember my first attempts at dowsing. I bought a black box device where I learned. It had a skin galvanometer attached to it and from this I learned to recognize the subtle "body response". From there I bought a dowsing rod with little success. I never heard of Dell back then. It wasn't until I built my first imitation MFD unit when I started to get good, consistent results. Ten times more gold than any dowsing. I'll tell everyone right here, you might be able to learn to use an L-rod on your own with some internet help but expect severe disappointment in the process. I never had any help and didn't know anyone who could use a rod. You gotta want it real bad. Anyone with a brain and a nervous system can learn but "It don't come easy." I will also say you need SOME form of meditation. It does not need to be formal, but it is essential to be able to shut down your five senses and your left side brain, what I call the "skeptic side" of the brain. This is logical, reasoning side that many people pride themself about. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. You can't "sneak a peek", you can't control it like the control freaks work. I could go on forever.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I am not saying the e-120 can eliminate solar magnetic interference. My test target has been giving a weak response, but it still is detectable.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm pretty good with an L-rod.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
Sorry, I don't discuss my projects and rarely discuss my finds. No, haven't found a stack of gold bars, but I have found some gold with it. Haven't been getting out lately, but I still practice in my yard and the solar magnetic interference has been minimal with this unit. It gives a good signal. I started to write on the previous post, you still need the required L-rod skills. If you are like me, well I'm still working on L-rod skills after 30+ years.
30 plus years is a long time..Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody on the skeptic website said the locators that company sells do not work. I never tried anything else they sell, but I just have to believe whoever said it does not know how to use one. And if you know me, I'd bet it's just another skeptic in disguise who said that. That place is full of them.

BTW, the Eliminator e-120 also works "through the air" without sticking the probe in the ground.

Their other equipment is expensive, but if the quality of workmanship is anything like the e-120 I can see why the price is high. It is very durable. I don't think I have even put a scratch on mine. It's tough. Whatever it is, it is not just your plain-Jane frequency generator. Like I said I don't understand how it can give a nice loud signal (on my vlf receiver) but not register on my frequency counter. It's some other kind of signal for sure. And mine unit is not the same as the circuit board on their video. It says version 2 but it is different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just occurred to me why skeptics can't use a locator. I used to say it is because too many electrical shocks have cauterized their nervous system. That still may be accurate. They have been breathing lead fumes from all the soldering they do on their metal detectors.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, all anyone needs is a brain and a nervous system. I guess that's two strikes against them right there. Add in a negative attitude and as the umpire yells "You're out!!!"

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While 95% of the time I use this unit by inserting the probe in the ground, I have even used the Eliminator e-120 by holding it in my left hand with an L-rod in my right hand. I walk along until I get a rod response. At that point the target is either to my left or right. Of course it is easy to go off on a tangent using this technique. No telling how far the target is or in which direction, either left or right. I've used a lot a equipment over the years. This unit is my "main squeeze" now. Used as a stand alone unit without the frequency generator, after I get the hot spot I insert the probe in the ground at that spot and set it to the filtering mode and recheck to see if I still get a signal and how far I can turn the dial tells me the approximate target size. This is new technology, not your simple frequency generator or pretend frequency generator (calculator on a stick).

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid more for mine. They lowered the price to 250 Euros which is about $337. last I checked. They didn't charge me for shipping.

Last edited:

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody on the skeptic website said the locators that company sells do not work. I never tried anything else they sell, but I just have to believe whoever said it does not know how to use one. And if you know me, I'd bet it's just another skeptic in disguise who said that. That place is full of them.

BTW, the Eliminator e-120 also works "through the air" without sticking the probe in the ground.

Their other equipment is expensive, but if the quality of workmanship is anything like the e-120 I can see why the price is high. It is very durable. I don't think I have even put a scratch on mine. It's tough. Whatever it is, it is not just your plain-Jane frequency generator. Like I said I don't understand how it can give a nice loud signal (on my vlf receiver) but not register on my frequency counter. It's some other kind of signal for sure. And mine unit is not the same as the circuit board on their video. It says version 2 but it is different.

SL,
Many frequency counter, especially cheap ones, are best for around 60Hz. A spectrum analyzer may be required it the unit is putting out multiple frequency signals.
Gold24K

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, I wasn't referring to any kind of "orientation". I just meant I thought those guys were involved in a hoax over in Oz. I think the law was involved. I don't recall what it was about.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SL,
Many frequency counter, especially cheap ones, are best for around 60Hz. A spectrum analyzer may be required it the unit is putting out multiple frequency signals.
Gold24K

I've used several different frequencies pretty much all over the dial. I've worked around 60, too. At least for me, the lower ones have no room for leeway and pick up other elements. Yes, I need to put the SA on my wish list.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
I've used several different frequencies pretty much all over the dial. I've worked around 60, too. At least for me, the lower ones have no room for leeway and pick up other elements. Yes, I need to put the SA on my wish list.
Sounds to me like your home make devices don’t work as good as the store bought ones....Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread