Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is a big problem for many people. You go to an area without a target and force the rod to respond to the weakest dowsing response. Then go home empty-handed.

I should be selling these tips because they are highly valuable. You find something because of this, you owe me something.

You have to practice daily if you want success. Like the one song Ringo sings, "It don't come easy." If you aren't passionate about it, take up basket weaving or finding stinkin' zincolns with your metal detector. Or dumpster diving is even more profitable.

Put a dividing marker in your practice area. Stand near the marker when you cover your eyes and ears, spin around a few times and toss your practice target (keep a low angle so it doesn't fly out of your yard.) then spin around a few more times so you don't know where you tossed it. Now hopefully it did not land exactly on the dividing line, but if it did that's okay. So now you check each area and try to figure out which area holds the test target. With a lot of practice you can learn to recognize which area gives the good response and which one gives a weak dowsing response to some unknown, distant anomaly. I highly suggest you do this in your own yard because some times the conditions are bad and you won't be able to easily find your target. You may have to come back later to find it when conditions improve. This is considered an advanced skill, but it may well be one of the most important to learn. And as always, do not allow someone else to hide the target for you. This turns it into a guessing game or reading the person as to where they hid it. That's not an MFD skill.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really need to add something here. Do not permanently write-off an area just because the first pass you did not get a good response. Some dowsers do that. And in the end the response needs to be repeatable. Of course solar magnetic interference can flicker on and off like a malfunctioning fluorescent light.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here again, you want to use a visible test target every time. The rod needs to swing ninety degrees or nearly so and stay there. If the rod immediately swings back open, it's not to be considered a good response. I am beginning to see that some people who claim the solar magnetic interference has no effect do not have the skill to check a visible target for the magnetic interference. This is not an armchair thing.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Electromagnetic interference (or EMI, also called radio-frequency interference or RFI when in radio frequency) is disturbance that affects an electrical circuit due to either electromagnetic induction or electromagnetic radiation emitted from an external source.[SUP][1][/SUP] The disturbance may interrupt, obstruct, or otherwise degrade or limit the effective performance of the circuit. These effects can range from a simple degradation of data to a total loss of data.[SUP][2][/SUP] The source may be any object, artificial or natural, that carries rapidly changing electrical currents, such as an electrical circuit, the Sun or the Northern Lights. EMI can be intentionally used for radio jamming, as in some forms of electronic warfare, or can occur unintentionally, as a result of spurious emissions for example through intermodulation products, and the like. It frequently affects the reception of AM radio in urban areas. It can also affect cell phone, FM radio and television reception, although to a lesser extent.

Just telling other Treasure Hunters what you are complaining about....Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not electromagnetic.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
Here again, you want to use a visible test target every time. The rod needs to swing ninety degrees or nearly so and stay there. If the rod immediately swings back open, it's not to be considered a good response. I am beginning to see that some people who claim the solar magnetic interference has no effect do not have the skill to check a visible target for the magnetic interference. This is not an armchair thing.
Signal line
Not electromagnetic.

Solar storm being watched for electromagnetic interference | News | Geek.com

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not electromagnetic. EMI is all over the place like 60 cycle hum. MFD's tolerate EMI quite well. The solar magnetic interference is charged particles that disturb the earth's geomagnetic field causing the flux lines to shift. Not EMI.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duh!!!

I admit my definition of EMI might not be totally accurate. Yes, by definition the sun produces EMI. But I'm talking about the effect it has on the earth's magnetic field. I've witnessed electronic smog, it almost feels brown. I've seen it overpower an electronic receiver I have.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Duh!!! Is correct...I have been studying Solar Storm affects on rods for about 3 years.. I receive an e-mail from Rice University every time that the storms go above normal levels..I have found that the more intense the storms are the better the rods work....so you guys can do what ever you want but I will pay no attention to old wives tales because I know the effects that solar storms have on my Rods...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Perses
Does dowsing really work or is it on the par with witchcraft and the like?
Dowsing works for me and many others...but if you try to Dowse with a LRL you are doomed to failure....Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not the dowsing forum page. Dowsing can work but it is very stressful and unreliable.
Here's what a professional dowser has to say about it. "If you start to learn to dowse at age five and practice every healthy day, by the time you are thirty years old you should reach the plateau of your abilities." That's not even saying you will be a good dowser.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
This is not the dowsing forum page. Dowsing can work but it is very stressful and unreliable.
Gee....My experience is 100% different...I have no stress just relaxation and happiness..I fine dowsing to be very reliable....I also find that with the new type LRL’s I can collect more information from the spot where I find a signal...That lets me choose which target to follow and which to ignore...The less time I spent chasing small targets the more time I had to seek bigger find...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam "Lobo" Wolfe (one of the top dowsers in the country, now deceased) said there are only about a handful of real dowsers in this country. He also said the chances of finding anything other than a mineral pocket with map dowsing is about one in ten thousand.

When I said it causes stress, maybe I should have said dowsing drains me. I learned to dowse, found my first gold in 1981. I never would be a treasure hunter if I had to rely on dowsing. The MFD equipment is so much nicer, just no comparison. You can get a cheap frequency generator and try it yourself. I'm trying to help people not getting ripped off, like the phony stuff Art has been pushing.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might come as a surprise to some people that I like most of the dowsers on the dowsing page. I won't name names but one of them likes to stick his butt in my face because I dared to disagree with him. I hope you don't end up like that.

If you go to the dowsing page and count all the x's and circles on the photos and maps they have dowsed, it comes darned close to ten thousand. I guess they are due for a hit but it doesn't work like a slot machine that has to pay off after so many plays. One guy hid some gold and took a photo of it. It was a small area maybe twenty feet across. No one found his gold even after he told them what it was. That's my big beef about the map dowsing. They have little or no feedback. If you want to learn you will need to practice and get feedback every day. That's how I do it with the MFD gear.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
Sam "Lobo" Wolfe (one of the top dowsers in the country, now deceased) said there are only about a handful of real dowsers in this country.
I would say there is more than a handful of Dowsers in this country..In fact ...there are more than a handful on the Dowsing board
He also said the chances of finding anything other than a mineral pocket with map dowsing is about one in ten thousand
I guess we beat those odds on a regular basis
When I said it causes stress, maybe I should have said dowsing drains me. I learned to dowse, found my first gold in 1981
Sorry that it stresses you finding gold
I never would be a treasure hunter if I had to rely on dowsing. The MFD equipment is so much nicer, just no comparison. You can get a cheap frequency generator and try it yourself.
I agree that they are much nicer
I'm trying to help people not getting ripped off, like the phony stuff Art has been pushing.
What am I pushing?....I have posted about the units that I have used...I have never recommended any unit to anyone...So you see Mike..Unlike you I am not a dealer
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...rs/155345-those-have-been-scammed.html....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
If you go to the dowsing page and count all the x's and circles on the photos and maps they have dowsed, it comes darned close to ten thousand. I guess they are due for a hit but it doesn't work like a slot machine that has to pay off after so many plays. One guy hid some gold and took a photo of it. It was a small area maybe twenty feet across. No one found his gold even after he told them what it was. That's my big beef about the map dowsing. They have little or no feedback. If you want to learn you will need to practice and get feedback every day. That's how I do it with the MFD gear.
I hope they go to the Dowsing board and do the reading...Many finds reported on that board.....I guess you don’t understand map Dowsing...The x’s and circles are to get you in the area....then it is up to you to find the objects....Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to ridicule anyone, but you will also notice that on each photo everyone hits a different spot. I mean as they say "Come on, man."

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I'm not trying to ridicule anyone, but you will also notice that on each photo everyone hits a different spot. I mean as they say "Come on, man."
And does everyone say the spot has the same content?...I only Map Dowse for what interests me...I seldom will Dowse houses as I don’t know who owns them...I have said may times that I have been off by 300 feet on some of my personal maps...So ...do you have any more complaints about something you know nothing about or understand?..Art

Hey Mike....Maybe it is time for you to delete all your post as per your usual operating methods..Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
"The door to Knowledge & Understanding, is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions