Noticed something about early LRL advertising

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a bunch of old treasure magazines from the 80's and early 90s. It seems 1988 was the biggest year for such products going by all of the fancy advertisements. There was one on the cover of a Nov 88 issue,with a big pull out ad. The funny thing is there was no "field test" of the unit. It seems the magazine was more than happy to take their advertising money,with no regard of weather it worked or not. This was also just before the explosion of the internet,where many people could discuss such products at length.I have the latest issue of a treasure magazine(Jan 2014) and only see one or two such products. You be the judge. Happy hunting.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders told me he estimated there was 20 million made off the LRL's and the people who made the big money invested in little or no research and development. Huge money went to advertising and false/misleading claims. Dell said he really wanted to see someone build a unit that would automatically adjust to the changing magnetic conditions due to solar interference so the electronic receivers would work better. About that time the skeptics came in with all their B.S. and many people believed them. No doubt there was greed on both sides. You look on the Wikipedia page for long range locators and they say they are a fraud. That is false but people think "everything on the internet is true". Now you get the phony calculator thingy's. Some things never change when greed is king and money is their god.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Back in the 80’s the manufacturers provided day hunts....they would get together along with people who were of like minds and demonstrate the devices....then came along the skeptics and caused all kinds of problems....This happened way into the 90’s.....Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the calculator thingy the industry has degenerated.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
With the calculator thingy the industry has degenerated.
Gee...I see about 20 new manufactures just this year...When I first went to a demonstration there was only about 10 manufactures in the world..I just don’t believe that...Art

1. de·gen·er·ate
verb
past tense: degenerated; past participle: degenerated
diˈjenəˌrāt/

1. 1.
decline or deteriorate physically, mentally, or morally.
"the quality of life had degenerated"
synonyms:
deteriorate, decline, slip, slide, worsen, lapse, slump, go downhill, regress, retrogress; More

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously there are some frauds out there that use deceptive advertising. That's how they make big money.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion, if it's on ebay, don't buy it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
My opinion, if it's on ebay, don't buy it.
Seems you buy a lot of stuff that does not work...I have bought stuff from E-bay and have no problems...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay search for Long Range Detector. I've had experience with most everything on there. These are the ones you don't want. The Chinese copies of Vernell might work if you change the frequencies. Those are the only real ones on there, but I wouldn't buy one.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
. The Chinese copies of Vernell might work if you change the frequencies. Those are the only real ones on there, but I wouldn't buy one
Yes you guys do a good job of tearing things apart..You take them apart and apply ac current to them, change the freq and then complaint they do not work...I guess you know more than the guy that spend hours designing and testing them...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about MENTAL discrimination vs. PHYSICAL discrimination. Mental discrimination is so unreliable, inaccurate, difficult to learn. To paraphrase one professional dowser said, "If you start at the age of five and practice every healthy day, by thirty years of age you should reach your plateau. That doesn't mean you will be a good dowser, it depends on how hard you work at it, how intelligently you work at it."

There is absolutely zero physical discrimination with the calculator thingy's, it's all mental discrimination even though they lead you on to believe differently. That's the deception, the fraud. Even a baited coat hanger has SOME physical discrimination, and of course the frequency generators are the real thing, real physical discrimination IF YOU DON'T OVERRIDE IT and locating conditions are good. Now I'm not talking about a F.G. on a swivel handle. That does not produce a discriminated signal line. The discriminated signal line is what defines an MFD, an misnomer but it stands for Molecular Frequency Discriminator. That's where the physical discrimination is when you cross the signal line.

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I notice a lot of big finds being made of dark age hoards but all being made with metal detectors, I really wonder why this is as some would lead you to believe that the LRL's work so good but I don't see them finding any?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
There is absolutely zero physical discrimination with the calculator thingy's, it's all mental discrimination even though they lead you on to believe differently. That's the deception, the fraud. Even a baited coat hanger has SOME physical discrimination, and of course the frequency generators are the real thing, real physical discrimination IF YOU DON'T OVERRIDE IT and locating conditions are good. Now I'm not talking about a F.G. on a swivel handle. That does not produce a discriminated signal line. The discriminated signal line is what defines an MFD, an misnomer but it stands for Molecular Frequency Discriminator. That's where the physical discrimination is when you cross the signal line.
Gee Mike ..Do you know that what you call a calculator thingy can be set on it’s end and then you can take a set of rods and follow the signal to a target?....the only difference between the signal generator line and the calculator line is strength of the signal and the way the rods react....the rods will swing outward....Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not confuse physical dowsing with physical discrimination. These are totally different. Physical dowsing is like when you are holding s forked stick and thinking "water" and the stick pulls down or up when you are over the water, or if you are over the water and you want to check depth you walk away from the spot until the stick or rod dips or rises. Mental dowsing is when you stand over the water and count to yourself until the stick or rod responds for the number of feet depth.

Physical discrimination is when the signal from the MFD transmitter locks on to the element you have the device set to find. The lines of force develop between the transmitter and the target. It doesn't matter if you do not even know what the device is set to find. The lines form and this is the physical discrimination. The MFD is probably the only device that can pass a double blind test. If you want to study it, watch the videos of Konstantine Meyl Scalar Waves. Witricity works the same way. The lines of force lock on to the target and this "signal line" is what the user detects. I can feel it in my hands when I cross the signal line. You can see how the longitudinal waves send all the energy to the target. The lines of force do not go out in circles like when you throw a rock into the water or the way radio waves work.

Mental discrimination is when you THINK of the target you want to find and whatever brain waves lead you to the target. Sure, this can work but it is so unreliable it's just a waste of time. I learned to dowse using mental discrimination over 35 years ago. I would not still be in to treasure hunting if I had to rely on this.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Signal line
Do not confuse physical dowsing with physical discrimination. These are totally different. Physical dowsing is like when you are holding s forked stick and thinking "water" and the stick pulls down or up when you are over the water, or if you are over the water and you want to check depth you walk away from the spot until the stick or rod dips or rises. Mental dowsing is when you stand over the water and count to yourself until the stick or rod responds for the number of feet depth.
I would say you are wrong again
Physical discrimination is when the signal from the MFD transmitter locks on to the element you have the device set to find. The lines of force develop between the transmitter and the target. It doesn't matter if you do not even know what the device is set to find. The lines form and this is the physical discrimination.
The MFD is probably the only device that can pass a double blind test. If you want to study it, watch the videos of Konstantine Meyl Scalar Waves. Witricity works the same way. The lines of force lock on to the target and this "signal line" is what the user detects. I can feel it in my hands when I cross the signal line. You can see how the longitudinal waves send all the energy to the target. The lines of force do not go out in circles like when you throw a rock into the water or the way radio waves work
Please read what the Manufacturers say about their signal lines....They do not transmit to another receiver

Mental discrimination is when you THINK of the target you want to find and whatever brain waves lead you to the target. Sure, this can work but it is so unreliable it's just a waste of time. I learned to dowse using mental discrimination over 35 years ago. I would not still be in to treasure hunting if I had to rely on this.
Gee ..I have Dowsed with both physical dowsers and mental dowsers...I find that both methods work....
My definition of a MFD is....Multi Frequency discriminator...That is what Bob Yocum and Bob Fitzgerald called their early inventions....Art

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if Tesla discovered the longitudinal waves, but he worked with them with his Magnifying Transmitter. Basically everything the skeptics have used as proof that MFD's can't possibly work can be seen in the Meyl videos. You can also see if with the Witricity which uses the same set-up. This is the "near field" phenomena which is the first 1/6th of a wavelength although it has been shown to travel farther than this. With the wavelengths Meyl is working with for demonstration of the principles, this is only a few meters at 7.2 MHz. Of course the low frequencies of MFD's of a few KHz the distance is a thousand times further. For whatever reasons the skeptics continue to assume the MFD is working with radio waves also known as transverse. The scalar or longitudinal waves are in the form of a vortex.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Like I said before..I don’t care what kind of wave length my devices use...I know that all of them use something different...Some of them pick up rings..some of them pick up the rays...Heck... some of them bounce off object...You have to learn what is happening...Frequencies can make a big difference in how good the targets are....Some gold Frequencies pick up micro gold better than they do placer gold...Some pick up nuggets but will miss gold veins...Until you understand what is happening you will remain in limbo...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I notice a lot of big finds being made of dark age hoards but all being made with metal detectors, I really wonder why this is as some would lead you to believe that the LRL's work so good but I don't see them finding any?

Sorry, just saw this post. I don't think there are very many people using the MFD type equipment. Just look on this forum and you see there is no one using them, even I rarely get out in the field. Art said he can't use one and even when he claimed he did he was "finding gold flakes in a gold field". Almost exclusively these are used for cache hunting which by nature is few finds and far between, and the biggest obstacle is getting access to the site. The rule is NEVER discuss your finds. Compare this with literally millions of metal detectors. Especially in places like Great Britain where you have to report their finds. I also think most people believe you just buy one and go find treasure. It takes many, many hours of practice and of course many of the sellers do not tell you this. And just mention the word "meditation" that is required and you get people like Art going postal in denial. Nobody wants to take the time to learn it and it's all to easy to listen to someone like aRT say you don't need it. So they buy the phony ones that have zero physical discrimination and give up when they don't get results. That's why I say the industry is degenerating, going down into the gutters.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just look on this forum and you see there is no one using them, even I rarely get out in the field
Right ..only about 50 people have told of us their success on this board
Art said he can't use one and even when he claimed he did he was "finding gold flakes in a gold field".
Yes...at first that was how I made my living
And just mention the word "meditation" that is required and you get people like Art going postal in denial.
If you think going postal is telling the truth
Nobody wants to take the time to learn it and it's all to easy to listen to someone like aRT say you don't need it.

Well you claim to have spent hours trying to use a LRL what have you learned that is useful to others?......Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all the people who desperately need to learn meditation it's those who have to rely on mental discrimination because they unknowingly bought a dowsing device thinking they were getting an long range locator. As I said, the calculator thingy's are the worst offenders because they have zero physical discrimination. It's totally mental discrimination 100%. Even the MFD type equipment it is a big bonus so you don't influence the L-rod. You have to let the locator do it's job. With mental discrimination you have to do the work and you have to do it perfectly. I don't know about you, but I'm the first to admit I make mistakes, and when you are in the field the mental discrimination is one more thing you have to do, to be aware of. I'm no good at multi-tasking, either. That's what you have to do with a dowsing device. It's mpre things to go wrong and believe me, IT WILL GO WRONG unless you are perfect.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions