More news on low-cost "Super Star" gold locator I am working on

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the best weather to be working on the new gold locator I call the "Super Star". Been working in the snow and cold and wind. The results have been very positive and I consider this exceptional. I am pleased. I hope to have something marketable in the next month or so. Here's what I can tell you now: I have used this locator with the Eliminator e-120 mineral filter. I have to turn the dial up higher than with other locators. This means the new locator puts out a stronger signal line.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you read my other posts today, but I was out in the Montana cold and wind and was not having to best accuracy. So I got out the Super Star I have been working on and went outside with it. I hit my test target five times in a row. Nothing unusual except the cold and wind is considered the worst conditions for locating and like I said, another locator was not working all that well in these conditions. I don't know what to do with this locator. I have my own L-rod I use with it and I guess I need to try some other rods to see how they work with it. Like they say something about not selling the wine before it's time. I just want to be sure it's as good as I can get everything, rod and all.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just say it took me a few years to get the "Ah-ha!" moment.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like one of those sour-dough's doing their "Eureka!" dance. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend a lot of time today in my yard with the Super Star and some other equipment, the e-120 and a Weight Chek Dell Winders gave me a few years ago. I have only been using one rod with the SS but today I got two rods and the Weight Chek. It worked great. The rods would start to cross a few feet before I got to the actual line from the transmitter and right after I got past it they would open up. I don't know probably made somewhere between seventy-five and a hundred test runs just today. I missed the target a maybe three or four times, and even then I got weak hits on the actual line to the target but ignored them. I get in a hurry and don't wait after I toss the target. I don't give it any time for the signal line to develop. I don't know, the solar interference seems to be low. Just makes for smooth locating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread