Eliminator e-120 part 4

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the Eliminator e-120 in the filter mode using a six volt battery alongside the Super Star gold locator I am working on. As I figured, I needed to raise the filter level on the dial because the six volt battery does not give as strong a signal as the nine volt. For whatever reason, it gives a nicer signal line to the target and it is finer tuning. I assume this is due to less distortion, but it really doesn't matter why. As they say "It's academic." So I definitely plan to take along a six volt battery as well as the nine volt. I'm using a sealed lead acid battery 5 amp hour I had sitting around but that is overkill. Four AA alkalines work and they are a lot less expensive. Again, I just position the e-120 alongside the transmitter. It is just through the air, not inserted in the ground. I use this for practice. I would want to run it through the ground on the signal line before any major digging. I think I posted this, but the six volt works great in the stand alone MFD mode. Same thing, through the air.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread