Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:
When I first ventured into a dowser rod I hand been into metal detecting some odd 3 or so years. I purchased the depth rod and began to bait the chamber with dimes both clad and silver. I was in a rush to find something now and soon I was skeptical on if it would really find treasure I only had a month to find something interesting or my money back if I didn't like it. As luck would have it I only to my understanding dug rocks that when cracked open were greyish in color when I baited the chamber with silver dimes. Was I really locking into rocks in my local park? or was I the dumbest creature on earth to trust blindly on these readings? What really was the depth rod telling me? I really wanted to find coins with it like my detector did not rocks. Well only a few days into my month trail was over I baited the chamber with the usual silver dimes and a 18kt gold ring. The rock that I found minutes after was the size of a US quarter was the oddest of them all. It had a golden taint like the color of the ring I had in the chamber. What followed was the dumbest thing I did I proceeded to try to crack it in half.... Oh you dumb dinosaur. I eventually manage to do that but half of it flew off and was lost, so I had part of the stone to show for my effort. On studying the remaining portion I knowtist a very thin layer of the golden color and the rest was deep gray with a rare glitter. HMM gold mix with silver in a local town park impossible I said to myself but ok so I took the remaining portion of this odd stone to my home to make my story shorter I lost the remaining half mother unknowingly threw it away thinking it was just another stone from the other few I had lieing around OHH Dear what a shame I never knew if I truly found a jack pot. I feel spooked by the thought that what if I would have stayed with the depth rod I probably would have found my first coins with it. I never was concerned with rock minerals only to lock into some pockets of loose change. I feel I want to return to try it again maybe the universal antena rod I don't like to dig further than 6 inches because I feel spooked I might hit a water pipe or an electrical cable. Can You help me in this issue? Is there videos out there that shows someone finding coins with it like a metal detector would? What can I expect with it? Is it a wise investment or should I stay put with my electronic machines? I plan on selling 3 of my 6 detectors because I can't handle so many and with part of the money try to experiment on the antena rod. Can any answer these questions for me please I do love my pation of THer but want to play safe. Hope some enlightment and data on this behalf thanks for any help. "LP"???

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard some good and some not-so-good on the Anderson rod. I picked one up one time is all. Semmed okay to me. The is a book that Simmons Scientific sells. Trusting a rod is really about confidence in your skills. You don't get that without tons of practice. Best thing I can tell you is to learn some form of meditation, even if it just the breathing exercises. Then learn the MFD. That will be much more accurate.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The book is titled "The Revised Professional's Complete Dowsing Course" by Russ Simmons\

They call it "Dowsing" but it really is a Directional Locator Rod. Dowsing uses mental discrimination and ideomotor like that calculator thingy.

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Is the rod you bought a Carl Andersen Rod or a newer version built and sold by Simmons? The worse thing about a lot of these rods is that they have been sold more then once and people have taken them apart to find out what kind of chemicals that they are loaded with. They do work if they haven't been tamper with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread