What I like about this hobby

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
What I like about my Hobby
I was thinking about all the different terrain that I have hunted..The mountains are nice....the streams and rivers I have saw are amazing...Even the dessert is nice to look at..there is treasure every where to look for... I spent a week at Dessert Creek...The only person I saw was a Cowboy checking his Cows..Yes I love this hobby....Art

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely.
If you could check the paradises here in the summer with endless beaches and mountains, you would swear by what you state above even more.
You have an advantage ove me tough.
I have to carry my gear on my back, comprising of several types of LRLs. Each detector for a specific purpose.
You on the other hand, need only to take the light and effective RT Examiner in one hand and a bottle of ice frosty gatorade in the other.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Metal detecting does kind of make you slow down and notice things you might ordinarily miss while driving. Great post aarthjr.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I was in your country back in 1959...Yes it is pretty...the difference is that my country has all been explored...Loggers and ranchers have roads all over it...I have never saw a dirt road that I did not want to see where it goes ...With the millions of people here it is still possible to spend days without seeing anyone. Heck...the BLM controls 247 million acres of land that and I can hunt on most of it
...Art

Last edited:

JohnnyM

Jan 29, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Metal detecting does kind of make you slow down and notice things you might ordinarily miss while driving. Great post aarthjr.
That is so true, I quite often find myself enjoying the scenery while i'm out and about. It sure beats sitting inside all day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread