Nice Electroscope Hunting Video

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a nice Electroscope model 20 video showing a user demonstrating his approach in the field.

First thing you notice is the huge amount of time saved compared if only using the 'floor polisher' alone. Besides the fact that if someone in that scenario would have to pass the coil over an object and this object would need to be really shallow to be detected, by using the floor polisher alone, he could have perfectly miss a lot or even all targets in that whole area in the 45 minutes the video was shot.
In my opinion, he would not need it at all, since the escope perfectly took him to the exact area. With a little patience and precision, he would dig in the right place.

Also, you can notice that the escope perfectly obeying the laws of physics concerning law of charges and photons displacement, aligns with the target.
Years ago, I had a discussion by email with 'Ranger' of rangertell and he told me that in his opinion the escope was 'killed' by using batteries, instead of just using the body and static charges as the RT Examiner.
This is not what the video shows. It shows the escope working fine just like the examiner would. Tough it looks clumsy and big compared to the examiner, the same alignment principle applies.
I have never used an escope before, but I am sure the examiner reacts faster to a target since it's lighter than the visually heavy escope.
But it's nice watching someone using his own approach to get the results.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish I had 44 minutes, and everything, looks interesting, and everything, got to leave for work, and everything, maybe later, and everything..........:tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to watch it but getting motion sickness after 60 seconds :(
would need to stock up on Dramamine first.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He says its in silver mode and finds an old spoon(not silver spoon) and a buff nickel and an IH which neither of them are silver. So how are they supposed to work if its picking up everything LOL.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I don’t know why those items were found.....What was the metal detector setting?...Seems he saved days of searching to recover the items....Art

OP
OP
hung

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
He says its in silver mode and finds an old spoon(not silver spoon) and a buff nickel and an IH which neither of them are silver. So how are they supposed to work if its picking up everything LOL.

Either the silver was deeper than his floor polisher could reach in all instances or the escope detected other metal than iron, provided silver was absent. I think option #1 is a little unlikely.

Option # 2 was brought as a possibility in the past, I guess by Tim Williams regarding these types of swivel detectors. Once the searched metal is not present in the area, MFD type swiveling devices tend to align with another kind of metal other than iron.

It's important to consider that magnetic and electric signatures for buried metals tend to change, momentarily presenting small to large variations according to local magnetic conditions. Also changes in telluric gradients interacting with the buried metal electric field will affect detection markedly. The swivel type MFDs are extremely sensitive devices to these fields and changes of gradients of this nature will 'confuse' the programmed device's pattern by altering their electric and magnetic signatures making it align with some metal other than the one required.

This hardly occurs with iron since its radiating electric field span is too narrow. But other metals, specially noble, present a much larger radiating span being gold almost 180º in relation to the vertical axis.

Finally there's the strong possibility that small traces of silver were indeed present in those objects and the device detected them correctly. Only a deep chemical analysis would prove this to be true or not.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey hung....I let others try to explain these devices...I don’t use a conventional metal detector so I know nothing about why they beep....I try to read most of the posts about them and why they seem not to discriminate very good....Art

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video.He mentions he also uses a Fieldscope,I would like to see a video of that too.It was nice to see an actual Escope user, rather than another "company video". Thanks.

stoney

Oct 12, 2012
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well, 'cause it finds silver, and everything...

stéphane

Sep 5, 2014
Rennes
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 / 250 + pintpoint
C scope 660, cs 440 xd
Tésoro Compadre / Cibola Pro
Gold bug Pro
Electroscope systèm B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a very good vidéo,I wait for mine under can.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Fieldscope if anyone is looking for one. If you want something that can find gold, get a frequency discriminator.

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
I have tested a few LRL including the Electroscope 20 and if you take the time to learn the unit they all work to a certain degree. Some of them don't look for the same thing I am searching for and some of them show signal lines so long that they never end. One of them I was testing on silver after walking the signal for a ways it ended at my Small Town's Bank. I had the distance set on it the lowest it showed, I am glad I didn't have it set the highest, no telling what Big City Bank I would have ended up at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread