Why does a negative attitude hurt you?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it that 7% of the TH'ers find 80% of the treasure? Is it because they are lucky? There's probably some luck involved, but like htey say with the lottery "You can't win if you don't play." You metal detector is never going to find any gold if it is not directly over it and within depth range. Who gives up first, someone with a positive attitude or someone with a negative attitude? Pretty easy to answer that one.

I'll tell you something that embarrassed me. I got a new metal detector and after a few times out with it I went to a very trashy city park. It was horrible and I was only finding a fresh drop clad coin every fifteen minutes or so and getting very tired and discouraged. My ears got tired from trying to hear a good gold target. I was working my way back to my vehicle when a guy walking down the sidewalk asked me what I was doing. He asked "Does that thing find metal?" I was tired but tried to explain it to him. He replied. "Then why didn't it find the coin I just threw out in front of you?" I went back and found it but the guy was already gone. I can make up all the excuses I can think of, but I had failed and it was no one else's fault but my own. Like they say in AA if you don't admit you are the problem, you will never improve.

More later.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
I firmly believe in your findings - optimism is the key to success!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I had lost my optimism, my confidence, my focus. They say the more some mistake embarrasses you, the more you learn. But it doesn't work that way for everyone. Some people shy away from it completely. That's where the negative attitude really hurts--when you don't play no more. Something else about the 7-80, it doesn't just apply to metal detecting. It carries over to all parts of your life. Like the ancient Chinese say goes, "If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal. If your heart is not in it, you will find a thousand excuses."

Last edited:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have made sure my boot found that guys n@t sack!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Why is it that 7% of the TH'ers find 80% of the treasure? Is it because they are lucky?
v
So you believe that only 7% of use find treasure?..and the other 93% only find treasure sometimes?.....Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have made sure my boot found that guys n@t sack!

I don't like to dwell on this, but that guy was trying to offend the LRL users. That didn't work, but I'm sure he offended some other people that didn't deserve it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread