gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By a long range locator?? I heard they are dangerous.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you happen to mention the Garrett pin pointer? That seems to bring on the attacks.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's that rip-off locator that costs over $1100 for a $50 signal generator. Yes, every time I get on this site my computer messes up, but this was a real attack, attempted to break in to my system.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was typing in a post when the attack occurred. Whoever did it knows they are being watched. There was only a few people who had posted on that thread. You see these posters (imposters is a more accurate term) with only one post made come on here like they are some kind of expert. You know it's fraud. Of course there are those with a few thousand posts who want people to believe they are an expert, too. LOL Reminds me of the skeptic who had the skinhead avatar wanted people to think he was tough. Of the other guy who had the owl wanted people to think he is intelligent. LOL Probably one and the same skeptic. Just too many things they do alike for it to be coincidence. The one guy was a computer hacker. Those self-help books that preach that stuff are just laughable. The more a people try to convince themselves they are something they are not, it just makes it even worse. It's hiding from the truth. Of course they are being deceitful. Very par for the course around here.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was typing in a post when the attack occurred. Whoever did it knows they are being watched. There was only a few people who had posted on that thread. You see these posters (imposters is a more accurate term) with only one post made come on here like they are some kind of expert. You know it's fraud. Of course there are those with a few thousand posts who want people to believe they are an expert, too. LOL Reminds me of the skeptic who had the skinhead avatar wanted people to think he was tough. Of the other guy who had the owl wanted people to think he is intelligent. LOL Probably one and the same skeptic. Just too many things they do alike for it to be coincidence. The one guy was a computer hacker. Those self-help books that preach that stuff are just laughable. The more a people try to convince themselves they are something they are not, it just makes it even worse. It's hiding from the truth. Of course they are being deceitful. Very par for the course around here.

You talking about me? I have a shaved head, but I am not a Skin. My avatar is just me holding one of the Stone Maps. Nothing about looking tough. That's just me.

.......... and if it was me you were referring to before that ........ "with a few thousand posts who want people to believe they are an expert", in that case, yes, I am pretty much of an expert when it comes to computers, electronics, and treasure hunting equipment. What I don't know about, I gladly refer to others that I know DO know about the subject. I just don't happen to believe that LRLs are worth the money.

.....oh, and I have only ever had ONE name here (unlike so many others). The other skeptic you are referring to is Carl Moreland. He is one of those people that know more than I do about electronics. He is an Electrical Engineer that specializes in VLF and Pulse Technologies in Metal Detecting. He used to work for White's, and now works for Fisher Labs.

Maybe you (Signal Line) can tell us some of your qualifications and experience that allow you to dismiss and insult other people with years of experience?

See, unlike many others, I do my homework. If an LRL worked, I would be the first to build and use one. I have home built metal detectors, coils, and magnetometers. I don't have any axes to grind with any new technology that works. LRLs and MFDs just don't work, and I have problems with those that take advantage of others.

Mike

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hmmm... Having visions of grandeur? Personally I don’t think you rise to enough importance in reality to be “hacked.” LMAO!!!

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If an LRL worked, I would be the first to build and use one.

If LRLs worked, Fisher, White's, Garrett, & Minelab would be building them like crazy. Woof! & I have casually discussed going into the LRL business, and we speculate that we could make a small fortune at it, but decided it's not worth an eternity in hell for doing so.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I was typing in a post when the attack occurred. Whoever did it knows they are being watched.
Yes we know you are being watched
There was only a few people who had posted on that thread. You see these posters (imposters is a more accurate term) with only one post made come on here like they are some kind of expert. You know it's fraud.
Yes I also watch but some of them know what they are talking about
Of course there are those with a few thousand posts who want people to believe they are an expert, too.
I don’t see any experts here...Just people who know how to locate treasure

LOL Reminds me of the skeptic who had the skinhead avatar wanted people to think he was tough. Of the other guy who had the owl wanted people to think he is intelligent. LOL Probably one and the same skeptic. Just too many things they do alike for it to be coincidence. The one guy was a computer hacker. Those self-help books that preach that stuff are just laughable.
He was good enough to hack you
The more a people try to convince themselves they are something they are not, it just makes it even worse. It's hiding from the truth. Of course they are being deceitful. Very par for the course around here.
Yes there are skeptics who try to put false information on here by pretending to be real users..Art

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
The same thing happened to my computer last week after I started making posts again on TN after I had been gone a couple yrs but I sure would not try blaming any one unless I could prove it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread