Crater of diamonds Arkansas!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I would try some experimenting at home first..Try the settings from 12.600 (Carbon) to 12.835 (Diamond)..see what works best...Art

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe you better check with the Ranger's Office there! When I was there in 1995 and 1997, no kind of motorized...electrical or electronic equipment was allowed in searching for and finding Diamonds at the Park. You can build equipment to dig with as well as to process and sort material but everything has to be powered by hand or if it has paddles, then by leg and foot power. Even then, you must check with the Ranger's Office to see if the equipment is allowed.

Frank

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and my kids have found one by hand, but could not take my detecter in the park

OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks guys. I called and you were right. No batteries or motorized devices allowed. They did say however that you can use rods if no batteries are attached... hmmm...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
With a eight mile range You could leave the unit out side of the park...Art

LOL!! Then that would mean that you would also have to stay outside of the Park! However, that will work as the Kimberlite Pipe that comes to the surface inside the Park was found to be much longer and wider than originally thought and means that there are other areas around Murfreesboro North Northeast to near Hot Springs where there are Diamonds on or near the surface. When I was there last with a friend, we met a gentleman that told us that when he was a kid, they used to find Diamonds in the poop from their' chickens. The chickens apparently ate the Diamonds as they do small rocks and pebbles to help them grind up their' food in their' craw. He allowed us to check around the old chicken house on their' property but is was soo grown up with weeds, brush and trees, that there was no way to see anything on the ground. Besides, this area of Arkansas is overrun by Rattlesnakes and you must be very careful.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
LOL!! Then that would mean that you would also have to stay outside of the Park! However, that will work as the Kimberlite Pipe that comes to the surface inside the Park was found to be much longer and wider than originally thought and means that there are other areas around Murfreesboro North Northeast to near Hot Springs where there are Diamonds on or near the surface. When I was there last with a friend, we met a gentleman that told us that when he was a kid, they used to find Diamonds in the poop from their' chickens. The chickens apparently ate the Diamonds as they do small rocks and pebbles to help them grind up their' food in their' craw. He allowed us to check around the old chicken house on their' property but is was soo grown up with weeds, brush and trees, that there was no way to see anything on the ground. Besides, this area of Arkansas is overrun by Rattlesnakes and you must be very careful.

Frank

Dang that would be awesome to have some diamond finding chickens like that!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
With a eight mile range You could leave the unit out side of the park
LOL!! Then that would mean that you would also have to stay outside of the Park!
Thanks guys. I called and you were right. No batteries or motorized devices allowed. They did say however that you can use rods if no batteries are attached... hmmm...
Using the old rod type LRL’s you use just plain rods. You would know the difference but no one else would if you knew how to tell the difference in the signal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread