Lessons on Locating--Weak signals

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't deny I have had problems in this area. One LRL manufacturer said over 90% of hotspots are flour gold or other insignificant mineralization. Add to this many L-rod instructions say to hold the rods level. You want weak signals, you got it. Hey, I've been there, done that. I call it "going begging for a signal", but maybe "looking for trouble" is more accurate. It took me a long time to get over that and hold the rod pointed down a couple inches. While this isn't directly related to weak signals, getting back to a quiet mind, it's pretty much essential to break any kind of emotional bonds you might develop, how do I put this? with yourself. Like one failed dowser said "I am totally non-biased." Like a priest once told me "Some people will swear black is white." Of course this happens on both sides of the fence. If you get honest feedback from daily practice, you can break this bad habit. I know several dowsers who do not want to hear this. Okay. I call them skeptics in disguise.

Depending on what device you use, most equipment will give the weak signals. I have mentioned some devices intended to help eliminate the small stuff. Probably the biggest problem here is locating conditions can vary especially during times of higher solar magnetic activity. If the earth's flux lines are moving it's just not stable conditions.

Over the years I have developed my rod techniques. I just use one rod and not likely I will ever go back to two rods. For me, two rods is multi-tasking and that means lower reliability, just not acceptable to me. I am not going into the specifics of how I use my system (I'll include this when I put my Super Star V7 and Light Rod on the market), but I will say I have learned what response I get on a good target and with reasonable locating conditions I don't miss very often. But like I said, variable conditions do have a detrimental effect. Of course there are other variables like operator fatigue or rough weather conditions, but these are easy to see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used frequency generators and found many items. Sure, I've been skunked several times. And many times I knew something was there but not allowed to tear up the place searching for it. I realize those who never learned to use the L-rod may not comprehend that the frequency generators are too good. They excite insignificant amounts of flour gold and mineralization. For those who don't know, if you can't get a sharp pinpoint it is probably an insignificant target. And you will get many of these with a frequency generator even sometimes while using a weight filter.

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
You put out a couple things that was good information for newbie dowsers. Before I go to the field to work a cache I always set up in my test garden and if I get weak signals I try it again in a couple of hours and if they are still weak or not there I find something else to do until a long towards evening and then try again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread