Is it the treasure that is cursed of the treasure hunter?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 Timothy 6:10

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."

Proverbs 20:21

"
An inheritance gained hastily in the beginning will not be blessed in the end."

Treasure (gold, silver, jewels) are inanimate and have no opinion of their owner. And there is no such thing as a "curse". Chicago Cubs excepted.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided I am not doing any favors by posting how to locate. I do not wish to feed people's greed. ANd that's the oe's who want to learn. On the other side you have those skeptics in need of exorcism. I'm not trained for that and I doubt anyone around here is. You try to help people and you open yourself to evil entering you. That's how Satan operates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who gets upset with this thread, you better take a long, hard look at yourself.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's the Mind of the superstitious Treasure Hunter that is Cursed.

Why do you think Most families who believe they are Haunted,
are Quick to have House Blesssings , Crosses & Rosaries all over,
Yet their houses are Still believed to be Haunted the most.

"Belief" plain & simple

it's a baked in belief they have sinned & now they are gonna Get it :laughing7:

But WARNING ! Preaching is not Treasure Related
and posts like this

Anybody who gets upset with this thread, you better take a long, hard look at yourself.

Don't scare me.

People Please ! keep Bible verses out of Posts unless the Verse leads to a Supposed treasure Of Gold , Silver & Jewels

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, boss. This branch of voodoo skates the razor-edge of religion and faith based operations. I'll repent. Er, I mean relent. ;-)

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hunter is cursed not the treasure. Think about it. Your brain is a powerful thing! If you believe in something like a curse, your brain focuses on that thing. When you think hard on something it happens or your brain makes everything that happens fit. Grandma used to say "Don't think bad thoughts or you'll bring them on yourself." "Think good thoughts and you'll wish them on yourself."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Riches get their value from the mind of the possessor; they are blessings to those who know how to use them, and curses to those who do not. -- Terence

The treasure itself is not cursed. It is the guilt and greed that the new owner brings to it - like Marley's chains in A Christmas Carol: "I wear the chains I forged in life."

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the treasure hunter casts the curse upon himself by getting carried away with trying to find treasure, spending his earnings on equipment, and ignoring his family life. His family is the real treasure... and the rest should be a hobby under control!

diggerbutt

Dec 31, 2013
El Paso
Detector(s) used
AT Pro-Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At times, I believe that it is the treasure that finds the person. The question of which is cursed, the treasure or the hunter, is irrelevant. Aside from the obvious saying of one person's trash is another person's treasure; one must question, why did this treasure choose me?

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Nothing on this earth is cursed, human or other wise. In order to locate and retrieve a treasure cache you have to have the knowledge and equipment to get by certain things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread