Detector for new paper money

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is well known that most of bigger new bills have a metal stripe in them. What most people don't know is that the metal detectors in the airport can detect the stripe and tell how much money a person is carrying. The stripe has particular length and can act as an antenna that can be detected as well as detecting the bill's metal content. Anybody think of developing a long range detector to find paper money?
Goldfinder

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
It is well known that most of bigger new bills have a metal stripe in them. What most people don't know is that the metal detectors in the airport can detect the stripe and tell how much money a person is carrying. The stripe has particular length and can act as an antenna that can be detected as well as detecting the bill's metal content. Anybody think of developing a long range detector to find paper money?
Goldfinder

Electroscope Gravitator has been around for more than a decade, and finds paper money.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is well known that most of bigger new bills have a metal stripe in them. What most people don't know is that the metal detectors in the airport can detect the stripe and tell how much money a person is carrying. The stripe has particular length and can act as an antenna that can be detected as well as detecting the bill's metal content.

It's also well-known that this is utter rubbish. But besides the Gravitator, practically all LRLs have the ability to find paper money, assuming the seller accepts cash.

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also well-known that this is utter rubbish. But besides the Gravitator, practically all LRLs have the ability to find paper money, assuming the seller accepts cash.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Since the ink used in printing the bills has ferrous elements a simple magnet attracts all paper money long before the strips were even thought of. Nothing new
If you are nervous about going through the airport then simply buy a lead wallet. :headbang: :headbang:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Gee Carl....why is it rubbish..It is a known fact that some LRL's and Dowsing and Dowsing rods locate paper money..Art

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Whites CM2 BFO will detect paper money, as will most BFO's. The old Phantom VLF detectors were known to have this ability also. I've checked all the other many detectors I have been through during the years, TR's and VLF's and none of them were capable at this. Folding money buried in glass or plastic, or tied in a bundle behind a wall, are possible cache strategies in an attempt to defeat metal detectors. Beware the old BFO! Cheers!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THE ADMIRAL knows when I have my paycheck - she must have one of those Gravy-Meters.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I know that it is the ink that is sending the signal. The device will not work on fake money. It is amazing what some of these devices will locate…Art

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electroscope Gravitator has been around for more than a decade, and finds paper money.

It sure does! For the people who sell them.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee. We have a tread called For those who have been ripped off…Not a single person complained…Art

Im merely reiterating others responses.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee. We have a tread called For those who have been ripped off…Not a single person complained…Art

Is it labeled: "Duh-yup. I'm a rube and got fleeced good?" It should be. No wonder no one replied.

If it's picking up bills from feet or more it truly is magic. Because there is no science that can support it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Is it labeled: "Duh-yup. I'm a rube and got fleeced good?" It should be. No wonder no one replied.
Many have replied
If it's picking up bills from feet or more it truly is magic.
No magic here. Simple facts
Because there is no science that can support it.
The fact that it can be done is a Scientific fact..Art

Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the general term. For other uses, see Science (disambiguation).

The scale of the universe mapped to the branches of science and the hierarchy of science.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"[SUP][2][/SUP]) is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. This knowledge is determined through the scientific method by experiments and observations, and may take the form of scientific facts, scientific models, or scientific theories.[SUP][nb 1][/SUP] In an older and closely related meaning, "science" also refers to a body of knowledge itself, of the type that can be rationally explained and reliably applied.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Fact" is not what makes science. That's just an observation and we couldn't know if it was the operator or the device; or hearsay - I see no facts listed for their success in the encyclopedia. ;-).

Repeatable and demonstrable in controlled and measurable conditions is what makes science.

As others have said: I know where you can earn $1,000,000 by demonstrating it and then we all can believe.

The Million Dollar Challenge - JREF

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fact" is not what makes science. That's just an observation and we couldn't know if it was the operator or the device; or hearsay - I see no facts listed for their success in the encyclopedia. ;-).

Repeatable and demonstrable in controlled and measurable conditions is what makes science.

As others have said: I know where you can earn $1,000,000 by demonstrating it and then we all can believe.
You have seen all Randi’s infomercial. There is a lot of threads about his bogus test. If you have a half million dollars to run a honest Double Blind study you can do that. There is also threads about that..Art

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No worries. Keep finding stacks of bills and you'll be there in no time. Then you get a 100% return!

'Course with a magic machine that finds anything who needs someone else's money?

Pity Bush didn't have it for the Weapons of Mass Destruction.

In fact, you should show the CIA how to use one. I'm sure they'd love to pinpoint Abu Bakr al-Bagdhadi for about 20 minutes.

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. Keep finding stacks of bills and you'll be there in no time. Then you get a 100% return!

'Course with a magic machine that finds anything who needs someone else's money?

Pity Bush didn't have it for the Weapons of Mass Destruction.

In fact, you should show the CIA how to use one. I'm sure they'd love to pinpoint Abu Bakr al-Bagdhadi for about 20 minutes.

It would be really un-patriotic not to share this with our government! I mean what if the enemy got there hands on one of these machines? Or maybe we could help the Malaysians find flight MH370 with it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread