Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken, the title of this thread is "WHY DON'T PEOPLE BELIEVE IN LONG RANGE LOCATORS?"

I stay out of conversations in general about them, BECAUSE I don't believe in them. In this case, the question was asked. I answered and gave a perfect example of one reason I don't believe. You then proceed to delete my post and warn me about it? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken, the title of this thread is "WHY DON'T PEOPLE BELIEVE IN LONG RANGE LOCATORS?"

I stay out of conversations in general about them, BECAUSE I don't believe in them. In this case, the question was asked. I answered and gave a perfect example of one reason I don't believe. You then proceed to delete my post and warn me about it? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mike
I deleted your post because of your comments about Dell.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The first 3 LRL’s that I bought I drove to the place they were made. I did a hands on search with the tool and talked a lot with him. I was pleased so I made the purchase. The fourth one I went on a 3 day hunt with one of the tools before I made the purchase,

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deleted your post because of your comments about Dell.

....and you didn't see why I would use that as a perfect example of why I don't believe in LRL's? REALLY? Dell is a nice guy. I have never had any issues with him. It was not an attack. Just an example, but I understand.

And just so you know, it's not that I discount all that kind of stuff. I firmly believe that there are people who can dowse accurately. I went to school in New Orleans with a kid whose dad owned CT Carden Oil Exploration. He employed a couple of dowsers that were supposed to be as accurate as his modern equipment. I just don't believe that everybody that says they can dowse, can do it for real. I also don't believe in any of the junk science behind LRL's. Some of the equipment like Ground Resistivity Meters are based on real science, but their claims are ridiculous. With actual resistivity meters, using a power source like a 5k generator, you may get a range between probes of MAYBE 100 feet. They claim to get accurate readings with a 9v alkaline battery with hundreds of feet between probes in some cases. Impossible.

But back on the ranch....................... let me answer Atomicscott using no names:

Atomicscott,

The biggest reason not to believe in LRL's is because if they actually did what they were supposed to, we would never know about them. Whomever designed and built the first one would NEVER sell it. They would keep it a secret, and use it to make themselves rich. They might also hire out their services to mining companies. You don't think a mining corporation would pay a person millions of dollars to find them a deep vein of gold or chimney of diamonds worth tens of billions? Why in God's Name would they sell such a wondrous object for a couple of thousand dollars? Why would they sell such a wondrous object for even tens of thousands of dollars? Why would they even sell such a thing? THEY WOULDN'T! Plain and simple.

Like Deep Throat said to Woodward and Bernstein: "FOLLOW THE MONEY!" If you can make BILLIONS, why make thousands? If they say they are doing it to spread the good word about LRL's, then ask them why they sell them? If you just want to spread the word, you give things away. Just remember the question "IF YOU CAN MAKE BILLIONS, WHY MAKE THOUSANDS?"

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread