Wikipedia LRL article is total B.S.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see a snake or if you think you see a snake the response is the same. The mental ones are unreliable. Same with locating.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned to dowse with a GSR device (galvanic skin response). It taught me the response. And I found some gold with it. A few years later I bought a locator rod that had a bait chamber on it. I worked with that thing for i don't know how long. Never did get it. Then I got a frequency discriminator and BAM! I was hitting targets. Anybody who tries to learn with just an L-rod (or fake LRL) good luck. It will make a skeptic out of you.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Anybody who tries to learn with just an L-rod (or fake LRL) good luck. It will make a skeptic out of you.
I think you have found that external devices will not program you sub-conscious mind. To many negative thoughts are the enemy. ...Art

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will concede, the article is not TOTAL B.S. They talk about the calculator and they are right on that one being a fake LRL, a disguised bent coat hanger that uses the placebo effect. I'm not saying dowsing can't work, just that it is outdated by thirty years, it's unreliable, and it's very difficult to learn. Any L-rod work is difficult to learn and requires constant feedback. Most people do not have the patience to stick with it. And without some form of meditation it can take years to learn especially if you learn on your own. As Fred Stewart wrote in his dowsing manual, if you start at the age of five and practice every healthy day, by the time you are thirty years old you will have reached you plateau. That does not mean you will be a good dowser--it depends on how much effort you put into it.

Anybody who thinks they don't need daily feedback is delusional. A common belief is that nowadays dowsing does not work nearly as well because of all the scrap metals in the ground and the electric signals in the air. Well, I read about some scientist about three hundred years ago (maybe longer) said that dowsing worked one time then missed the next ten or twenty times. So you see the myth--it NEVER was reliable. The delusional thinking is even worse for the map dowsing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know people who don't understand try to group everything together--"anything that uses an L-rod is dowsing." This is false, just as map dowsing is not really dowsing but is a psychic phenomena. The frequency discriminators are by far the most reliable locating devices. The skeptics want people to believe it is no different than map dowsing, and there are enough naive people to believe this. If people knew there would be a lot more that use the frequency discriminators. Unfortunately the shysters work there, too. All frequency discriminators are not equal. The off-the-shelf stuff is not real frequency discriminators. They don't lock on to the target nearly as well as one designed for locating.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately even some of the devices that claim to be made for locating are not made right because the person who built them does not know. Like the skeptic Dave J. says, they target the gullible types. i call it the garage sale, second hand store, pawn shop mentality. Everybody thinks they are the exception and that they don't need training or some form of meditation. They think they can get by with the cheap stuff. That makes an easy sale. You should read "The Emperor's New Clothing". That's the shysters who will sell to anyone. There's only a couple people that really know. Bob Fitzgerald is about the only one still in business that knows. Yeah, his equipment is way expensive by twice, but so is the stuff on these metal detector "discount" outlets. You get the training. Without it, the device not going to work very well. Same for all devices. And don't rely on the internet "experts". That's the blind leading the blind. Just full of superstition.

Last edited:

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Any LRL that uses a hand held tool for receiving the signal through your your body is dowsing in a different degree then regular dowsing. For many yrs I have been a Master Dowser and also use a LRL for working on caches. Mike was right on what he said about Bob Fitzgerald being one of the few that still gives free training and answers to any thing you ask him when you buy your equipment from him. If I broke one of the rules of TN by saying Bob Fitzgerald's name in my post I am sorry and I will except what the Mod's put on me. Frequency Generators built for cache hunting do work after you spend enough time with them to learn how they work. It takes longer then 24 hrs or a week to learn them completely.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I went to Fitzgerald's years ago. I wanted a LRL that could be used in a back pack with 4 inch rods. I spent a day with Bob before I spent my money..Art

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
This was a fantastic thread loaded with much food for thought for me!!

THANK YOU ALL CONTRIBUTORS!!! :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread