Wikipedia LRL article is total B.S.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who wrote it but Carl's name is at the bottom of the page. Carl is a rabidly biased LRL skeptic and has no business making any claims other than he "can't dowse any better than random chance".

While it is true there are some fake LRL's out there, the calculator being the biggest offender. I call it Dowsing by Deception or the Fake LRL Placebo Effect. Even the instruction manual calls the pretend codes "frequencies". This is total B.S. and as far as I am concerned it is beyond deception, probably fraud.

As many people know over the past thirty-five years I have owned many different locating devices. By far the best ones use a frequency generator and an L-rod. The original MFD (a misnomer for Molecular Frequency Discriminator) invented in 1979 by Vernon Rose did not use L-rods. The signal was scanned with an oscilloscope. It was several years later that Dell Winders discovered that a set of L-rods could be used to detect what many call the signal line. Others refer to it as a bundling of the lines of force from longitudinal waves that are in resonance with the target. Konstantin Meyl designed a small version of Tesla's Wardencliffe experiments. Others have experimented with ground radio. Lockheed Martin recently developed an underground communications system that works on similar principles. WiTricity developed by MIT scientists is also very similar.

Make no mistake, the MFD type equipment works quite well under a stable earth's magnetic field. I have found numerous items, usually one in five hotspots I recover the target. i have mentioned many times that some form of meditation is essential to L-rod useage. Some people develop their own but that is the very slow, hit-and-miss way to learn. The yoga breath is one of the easiest ways. Obviously some people who try to take the short-cut, think they are smarter, never get it.

I can understand how people want to group all LRL's into one. This is faulty "skeptic" logic, thus the name "Skepticpedia".

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more piece of advice: if the device has a control box on a swivel handle it is probably DbD Dowsing by Deception. Yes, the placebo effect is a powerful one, but any dowsing is very unreliable and although many claim to be accurate dowsers, it's delusion. Several centuries ago when there was little scraps in the earth and the atmosphere was not flooded with electronic signals and radio waves, the modern belief was there was much more accuracy. This not what I read. A top scientist at the time (don't have the name) said that dowsing might hit one then ten or twenty misses.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl Moreland's name is just one of several on the page.

Its not BS at all.

Lets say that LRL's work just like they claim to. You can find anything from gold to bank notes from miles away.

I hate to use this as an example, because I personally like Dell and I am glad he is doing better, but why is it that Dell needed contributions from TNet Forum Members? All these years of touting LRLs and MFDs, he should be wealthy! Or, if not wealthy, why couldn't he just send someone out with an LRL to pick up some valuables?

If ANY LRL or MFD will work as described by the maker, then here is your guarantee: Sell someone a device, and if they can't find something worth at least $2000, you write them a check for that amount?

How many takers do I get ?

Mike

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big mistake most skeptical people make is to assume first that they can learn to use it, and second that there is accessible treasure to be found. It's not easy to get permission unless somebody in your group knows the landowner. So you see people make assumptions. And of course many people think they know how to use one and they geek out on the hunt. I have never said it is easy to learn. Quite the opposite I say you need several weeks of meditation practice and literally hundreds of hours of practice before you get it down cold. People can't wait, they want it right now. "You don't need meditation" sells a lot more locators then the truth does. My opinion is most people cannot learn to use one without personal instruction. it took me forever and I already knew how to dowse. If you tried to learn to ride a bicycle with just a set of instructions most people would give up after they crashed several times.

I don't sell them but i love them. It's like someone saying bikers are evil. No biker wants to hear that and they take offense. I'm the same way with the LRL's, at least with the real ones. And there's big money in deception. I try to point out to people to stay away from anything with a control box on a swivel handle. Of course the deceptive sellers hate me and nobody else listens, either. Dowsers hate me, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My posts are rough drafts just off the top of my head. And my memory ain't what it used to be. As I've said before it's like someone who can't golf do a critique on a set of golf clubs. Whoever wrote that article either doesn't know or is intentionally trying to deceive. And since the metal detector designers got their own M.O. I lean towards the latter. How could they not know? I just don't believe it, not after all these years. Now that's evil when they say they enjoy bashing LRL's and the people who use them. It's all about more money. Bunch of hypocrites. Why isn't everyone who owns a metal detector rich? Believe what you want.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit it is possible they just don't know, but I still say it is intentional deception. Konstantin Meyl put out his scalar wave theories in 1990. That's longer than I've been on the internet forums. The skeptics always preached about the inverse square rule as the cornerstone of their argument. Well, that only applies to transverse waves--waves like when you throw a rock in the water and they go out in all directions. So if you go out three times the distance, the energy is only one-ninth or one over three squared. But that does not apply to longitudinal (scalar) waves. That's why I say to study Meyl. There are many videos on You Tube. The scalar wave is only in the first one-sixth of a wavelength. That has been ignored by traditional theorists--referred to as noise. So even if they didn't know about this it is irresponsible at best and more like yellow journalism. And i admit some people just refuse to look at it. Not much different than art and his calculator where he refuses to admit it is fraud. So yeah, there are phony LRL's out there, but not the frequency generators unless they are hand-held on a swivel handle. That's not how MFD is done.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The you tube videos: Meyl Scalar Wave Theory

There are three parts to this one. The first is very dry but the second one shows the longitudinal vs transverse waves. I don't believe someone with electronics background could not see this and know the skeptic "logic" is bogus, intentional deception. It's all about money from metal detector sales on one side and money from fake LRL's on the other. I seek the truth.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lines of force of the longitudinal wave is what is referred to as the signal line to the target in resonance. That's what a skilled user detects with the L-rods.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a feedback between the transmitter and the target. This is like holding a microphone in front of a loudspeaker. The energy bounces back and forth until it reaches a high amplitude. This is why the resonance is so efficient, as one MIT scientist said it is a million times more efficient than non-resonant transfer. Anybody with a degree in electronics that doesn't know this is inept.

You know damned well those guys read that article and they said nothing about it. That's dishonest and unethical, but what else do you expect from them? This whole country has gone to Hell.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to disappoint you Mike, but I didn't write the Wiki article. It's not "total BS" but it's not especially well-written, either.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We both know that some of it is BS Carl and you must have let them put your name on it or your name wouldn't be there.

Not much I can do about being listed as a reference, that's a "fair use" thing. The article looked pretty accurate and factual, just not very well written.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was rereading a wonderful book "Handbook to Higher Consciousness". It talks about how 99% of people in the western world have addictions to the low-level consciousness centers of power, sensation, and security. these are the centers of unhappiness. It says when you live in these centers your brain is warped. Just as bad as art is with his superstition for his phony calculator the same thing for the rabid skeptics. It's like a security blanket, they will never let go of their deception. They are going to take it with them to their grave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the book talks about emotionally backed demands and how we are are uncomfortable when we don't feed out addictions. Pride is the worst one. That's in the power level. They are going to have all of eternity to know how foolish they are by refusing to admit they don't know what they are talking about. Like I said the only thing they can really say is they can't dowse any better than random chance. But they think they are some kind of authority. Delusional for sure. mental illness if you ask me.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their phony skeptic "logic" is designed to deceive. i seek the truth and they are not it. Like I call the "false profits". Like I've said for years I think it is intentional deception, but if they really think they know, they are going to have all of eternity to know what fools they really are. Like it is written "They shall wail and gnash their teeth outside the gates..."

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess i should have pity on those poor misguided souls. Lord please help them. If they read that book they would at least know how warped they are, but nobody hold your breath. Skeptic is a disease of the soul. A couple of them think they are hiding, but i know who they are. It ain't just sam that uses the alias identities. Carl knows and he's been hiding it, just like the skepticpedia thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now watch this thread get deleted. Sweep their sins under the carpet.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was rereading a wonderful book "Handbook to Higher Consciousness". It talks about how 99% of people in the western world have addictions to the low-level consciousness centers of power, sensation, and security. these are the centers of unhappiness.

Youtube? Facebook?

One "train of thought" says the brain has three "centers": the Brain Stem, the Limbic, and the Neocortex (aka: "Lizard, Horse, Man", or - reactions, feelings, thoughts).

The reptile brain does things like tell you to take another breath and keeps your body functioning. The Limbic - the horse - is where you find addictive tendencies. It justified binge eating, drug addiction (incl alcoholism) other physical pleasure. Some people give in very easily to this "brain" within our brains.

Just theories, of course. But I can state from test and analysis a degree in Human Behavior can give you some advantages when dealing with a bureaucracy. I got to be comptroller of a city and to understand what motivates some people has nothing to do with logic or what you may believe to be the best choices can be helpful.

What is REALLY frightening is how much of our society depends on individuals knowing right from wrong and acting with good social and self interests. And that some people do not have these abilities and probably can't be trained to ever have them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread