A little bit on why Frequency Discriminators work.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has been discussed for about 20 years. The question should be....How come no one has been allowed to take the test..Thousands have applied but can not qualify..

James Randi - His Amazing Role in the Great Psi Media Circus
To be fair, he has never claimed to be anything other than a showman, best expressed by his own remark,
'I am a charlatan, a liar, a thief and a fake altogether.'

Art

I believe Randi was referring to making money with his illusions. If you dissect it, he is probably right. If you pay a palm reader or psychic & believe the results, or you pay to see a magician perform knowing you will be seeing 'illusions', you are paying for someone to 'trick you' (lie to you in a sense) regardless. Why cannot these dowser post pictures of the mansion they buy? "Successful dowsing" suggests that you can repeat results as needed. If I could dowse successfully and the results were repeatable, there would be little to zero gold left in the SoCal desert! If it is a gift that only few possess, theres no sense in the other 98% of us even bothering with it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I believe Randi was referring to making money with his illusions. If you dissect it, he is probably right. If you pay a palm reader or psychic & believe the results, or you pay to see a magician perform knowing you will be seeing 'illusions', you are paying for someone to 'trick you' (lie to you in a sense) regardless. Why cannot these dowser post pictures of the mansion they buy? "Successful dowsing" suggests that you can repeat results as needed. If I could dowse successfully and the results were repeatable, there would be little to zero gold left in the SoCal desert! If it is a gift that only few possess, theres no sense in the other 98% of us even bothering with it.
That comes from the
The Amaz!ng 3 Meeting - Las Vegas, January 13-16, 2005

Long after he quite being a magician

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The heck with Randi...

Forrest Fenn's treasure is out there.

It's known, the general area is known, it's worth well over 1 million in gold, it's there... it's waiting for us. That many coins and gold surely is putting out a strong signal. Fenn has even published what is in the treasure chest, and the general area.

Let's go get it already!

Charge up them LRL batteries, shine up the rods and let get rich!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That still does not mean he was speaking in the context of the present. Anyone who is TRYING to expose fake psychics, dowsers, astrologists, fake surgeons, faith healers, etc... & helps prevent victims from being scammed, deserves some respect IMO.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That still does not mean he was speaking in the context of the present. Anyone who is TRYING to expose fake psychics, dowsers, astrologists, fake surgeons, faith healers, etc... & helps prevent victims from being scammed, deserves some respect IMO.
Why...When you are wrong you are wrong
fake psychics, dowsers, astrologists, fake surgeons, faith healers,

I don't see LRL's on you fake list

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Randii is a magician... a magician is lying to you, to fool you into believing magic is real. BUT, he will openly admit that he is tricking you, thats why they called their stunts illusions.

But what is it called when you lie to yourself, and believe your OWN illusion? Like pinpointing any metal (or flakes of gold) from 8 miles away with a calculator hot glued to a box and a telescoping antenna attached, despite the fact that there is gold and silver scattered in every direction within 8 miles from our own consumer electronics?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
But what is it called when you lie to yourself, and believe your OWN illusion? Like pinpointing any metal (or flakes of gold) from 8 miles away with a calculator hot glued to a box and a telescoping antenna attached, despite the fact that there is gold and silver scattered in every direction within 8 miles from our own consumer electronics?
You see it is just not me. It the people that see the gold I find and the people that buy my gold. If you knew anything about how these devices worked you would know that there may only be one signal or 30 in that area. The calculator is not glued to the Ranger Tell and besides that it is not the device we are talking about. I have used many of the devices so how many have you used or ever saw…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread