Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Plans set for electronic receiver

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This Winter has been a real bear. We had bad weather a month each side. Still some snow here from can't even remember but think it was November. Really makes me want to move to one of those warm, buggy climates---NOT! Like someone told me, "Sometimes you just gotta play the hand that has been dealt to you. Whining gets you deeper into the hole." So yeah, guess I have not played this hand well. I mean the whining part.
    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Well, if it all sounds like gloom and doom, it is!!! LOL No gold yet. That hurts, cuts right to the heart. The learning curve has been steep, beyond vertical. Right now my feelings are that I have not been in the right place to find gold, and also probably not doing things quite right, even had to adjust things to get it right. Equipment? Not blaming that right now although I know it's not perfect by any means. The one thing I am not short of right now is ideas. That could be my biggest problem, can't leave it alone. Not going to leave it alone. It's like a love/hate relationship. I want to continue working on it, but i sure wish I could find some gold first. maybe that's a blessing in disguise--if I find something, probably quit working on/developing it. Watch out Road Runner.
    Last edited by signal_line; Apr 23, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away, know when to run..."

Maybe I'll change my mind, but for now i am shelving the FSC (field strength compensator). Been a total PITA and don't feel like talking about it. Not a "total fold" just yet, but on the shelf until I feel like I need more punishment and stress. LOL

The good news is i do have another Wile E. Coyote idea I plan to work on. I don't know what the politically correct term for "idiot proof" is, but never plan to get THAT far, just part way. Then maybe i can find some gold!!!! LOL

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    I have some ideas how to "fix" the FSC, too. Just need time, effort, and money. Unfortunately, not in that order. Oh yeah, i left out the mental attitude part I am obviously lacking right now. I've come to the conclusion that posting about it just causes me depression. So, best just get on with it and quit talking.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Still working and maybe think I have made some progress on the idiot proof part. I was looking up a nicer term to use but struck out. Anyway i did find some info on Napoleon. They said he had an idiot he would show his battle plans to. If the idiot could not understand then he figured the generals could not understand, either.

A few "generals" around here cannot figure it out just yet, so I'm working on that one and feel like progress is about to be made. I mean it is in the process.

So getting back to terminology, "human proof" is probably a better term and much more accurate. Actually, REDUCE the human factor. "Skeptic proof"? There is no such thing. LOL
    Last edited by signal_line; May 10, 2018 at 08:35 AM.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    So to define my goal better, reduce the human factor. That's what this whole project is about. Those darned L-rods (the weak link) gots to go if that is EVER going to happen.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Of course not working like I wanted, which i figured but tried it anyway. So needs some work. Okay, needs a lot of work. Hardware and firmware and a brain to get it to work, so pretty much lacking on all fronts. LOL Gonna change the tuner (I had a fine tuner but replaced because it was scratchy) and I guess that will help a lot. This might all sound like bad news, but I'm getting some enthusiasm back. And at least for now I have scaled back some of my monumental plans. Basically I feel like some of the fancy bells and whistles I had planned are just not needed. One thing at a time and so far haven't got that but I got a glimpse of it.
    DizzyDigger likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5008 times
    Prospecting
    Good to see you hanging in there SL.

Consider that Edison, Marconi, Tesla.... and every other great
    inventor of a new technology had their own issues getting their
    prototypes to function as designed.

Just like the above mentioned gent's, others may not understand the
    technology you are developing, but that's not what's important...what
    is important is that, like them, you understand what you're doing. When
    you understand the subject, believe in the product you are developing
    and are honest with your assessments of your progress, then success is
    only a matter of time.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Thanks for the encouragement. Tesla didn't go crazy until AFTER he invented a bunch of stuff. LOL

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    I mounted the receiver antenna on a stand with a motor so it sweeps back and forth. All this hands-free. So slowly I am removing the human factor. Still have to turn it on and still have to listen for the signal, but really is hands-free. I consider this a milestone in my journey. Not that it's my idea. Like they say about music writers--the new writers borrow but the old ones steal. So I don't know which because I never even saw the other locator, but sooner or later I am going to have to say I am not new at this.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Thought I had it working good but not quite yet. So more hardware design. Other stuff going on elsewhere that has slowed my progress down to less than it already was. One thing after another. Got a real string of rough luck going, and most all of it has nothing to do with the contraption. Like that Frank Sinatra song "That's Life", "If something isn't jumping by July, I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and cry. My, my."

I'm learning as I go and at least I see the areas that need work. Now I just need the motivation to get working on it, but the other stuff has left me emotionally drained, burnt out. And still not done.
    Last edited by signal_line; May 20, 2018 at 08:16 AM.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Starting to feel like I might be able to pull myself up by my bootstraps. Need to redo the motor drive. Just money and time and patience. Have none of the above. LOL

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Just too many complications with the latest "hands-free" modifications so I took it apart back to what it was. Really haven't had time or motivation to mess with it right now. Feel like I don't need any more hassles so this one can wait til next Winter.

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    Hard to explain, but the motor drive antenna is just not as sensitive and at this point it is not any easier to use. Actually more trouble and nit-picky. "...and one day the ax just fell."

us
    Nov 2011
    388 times
    I was able to hit on my test target with the motor driven antenna, but it is difficult to get tuned just right and the sensitivity is not there. Just feel relieved this one is on the shelf for now. It all sounded so easy. Kinda like an automatic metal detector that swings by itself. Sure, it can be done, just more PITA and I don't feel like dealing with it until off-season.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links