Plans set for electronic receiver

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
As for the body's magnetic field and your left hand being negative, that is also not true. What you are seeing is a side effect of the analog to digital converter inside a digital meter. You are simply charging your skin like a capacitor with the digital meter's current output, this is why it's fluctuating, and increasing over time.
This static electricity can be seen quite adequately with a simple millivolt meter. This voltage is measured between the hands of the dowser, to measure this voltage accurately a diff amp should be used at the input to the voltmeter, "this eliminates stray signals which are common to both hands".

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on this project almost every day since last Summer. I like the saying "Perfection is paralysis." I've been around the skeptics on these forums for the last 20 years and I know what they are capable of destroying anything good. I have an expression about people not liking other people's kids and dogs. They like their own but not others'. But also there is a saying about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and that is exactly what skeptics want to do. There's nothing made by human hand that is perfect and perfectionism is a bad disease. That's kinda why this project has taken so long. I want it perfect and I know that is never going to happen. So I am struggling with where to go on this. I wish I could take it on the Shark Tank TV show and get some investor interested in it. But it's kinda like the fable about Jack and the Beanstock. Remember the mother threw the seeds out the window thinking they were useless. Wonder what kind of seeds those really were? I have a suspicion. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'...And when he got home he showed his mother the wonderful hen and said "Lay," to it; and it laid a golden egg every time he said "Lay."...'

'...Jack showed his mother his golden harp, and what with showing that and selling the golden eggs, Jack and his mother became very rich, and he married a great princess, and they lived happily ever after.'

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think that's what I'll call it "The Golden Harp"

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta remember that faery tale is over five-thousand years old. It was handed down by word of mouth and things get changed with each new person telling it. That hen probably laid those golden brown Omega-3 eggs. LOL

But you are getting first hand info on this All Electronic Locator. And it ain't all that far away from saying "Lay" and it spits out golden eggs. I mean real gold. Yeah, I still have a hard time believing it is real. I realize many people do not have much info on this type of equipment. They tend to either believe the faery tale version or think it's complete B.S. I will say it is closer to the faery tale version, but I also say nothing made by human hands is perfect. I've always been the type just to put it in a brown paper wrapper and call it good. I see other locators in the fancy Star Wars case that costs more than the simple parts inside that an eight-year old could build and sell for huge amounts a thousand or even more. Like the song goes "it's who you look like, not who you are."

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My obsession with this project is not in my best interests but I can't help myself. I'm trying to keep the costs down but every time i get a new idea it's usually hundreds of dollars that would be added and I have to ask is it worth it? is it reliable? is it too much hassle? and try to balance that out with does it make it more idiot proof? Then I get the if it ain't broke don't fix it, and K.I.S.S. and is this going to drive me crazy? Yeah, well don't answer that one. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have you on IGNORE and just by chance I saw your post on another computer where I wasn't logged on. Anyway, I'm sure I can't afford your rates. And besides I'm looking for investors, not testers. Anybody with a spare hundred grand I would be happy to talk with you. :icon_thumright: Didn't think so. Really wish I was on the Shark Tank and could get their expert help and funding. Dream on. I'm sure they would say "Go home and come back when you grow up." (Recall Jack and the Beanstalk where his mother thought the seeds were worthless and threw them out the window.) This project has it's ebbs and flows and right now it's in an ebb stage. Not that I'm not working on it, just not making huge advancements. So yeah, it's still not "Ready for prime time". Nothing like a project like this to bring out your weaknesses. I'm so pitifully slow and I'm really poor at finishing things.

I wish I could make this thing whiner-proof, but I don't ever see that happening. Every time I think i have the magic key, it turns out something else I missed. So I just got to face reality and say "Screw the whiners (miserable so-and-so's), it's good enough." Guess I need to heed the words of the Ricky Nelson song "Garden Party", "You see, you can't please everybody, so you got to please yourself."

Yeah, I feel better now.

Last edited:

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
I don't know anything about your IGNORE List and don't care. Nothing in my post said any thing about exchanging money. I was brought up to always treat some one as I wanted to be treated until they proved different. Have a great day.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I have something good to report. i don't think I would actually call it an advancement because it is more retro, but it is an improvement. I went back to some old frequencies I had been using previously and I'm getting much more consistent results. Actually these are newer frequencies than the ones I have been using lately. It's been my experience that the ground gets saturated after so many test runs. I don't know if you have heard that a strong MFD signal will stay in the ground for some time, but I've found any signal will do the same thing if given enough time. So sometimes just changing the frequency can help somewhat. But basically what happened to me is when I changed frequencies they were inconsistent and although they worked it took a very long time for the signal line to lock-on, and I'm too impatient. So I got it back working now and like the Zach Brown song, "Life is good." Or as the TV commercial says "Can you hear me now?"

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will admit the biggest complaints about the MFD type equipment has centered around the L-rods. Of course what I am building does not use L-rods--it has an electronic receiver. You hold up the antenna and when it is pointing at the discriminated target it beeps much like a metal detector only much greater distances. I practice with a half-ounce silver and I can pick it up from 75 feet usually within six inches. I mean a metal detector sometimes can't even get that close. LOL

Anyway, I somewhat jokingly refer to the L-rods and pendulums as MITAS--Medieval Implements of Torture And Superstition. Anytime you have a device that uses a swivel (or bearing) handle (or even a solid handle that turns in your hand) that relies on the movement to get a response you will have much sorrow. Start at age five and practice every healthy day until you are thirty years old and you will have reached your plateau. That does not mean you will be good, that depends on how much effort you put into it. Learning some form of meditation is essential to using any L-rod type equipment. You can learn it as you go and be so-so or you can take the time to do it right and practice every day for many weeks and you will learn so much faster. Most people never get the L-rods figured out. Others like me spend 35 years and still struggle. So don't buy the B.S. that a swivel handle device is easy to learn. Anybody tells you that is a con man and a fraud.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I will admit the biggest complaints about the MFD type equipment has centered around the L-rods. Of course what I am building does not use L-rods--it has an electronic receiver
And was replaced by L Rods the 1980’s

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there's no question many people hate those L-rods with a passion. I have always maintained that manufacturers do not stress how difficult and time consuming it is to learn the L-rods. No doubt some people had mental breakdowns over this. All-in-all there are very few people who can use them--VERY few. And it doesn't matter how high-price the device is. Sure, there are many who CLAIM they can but as most people know, talk is cheap. All you have to do is list all the people who have gotten rich from using L-rods and you have a short list. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, I'm not saying L-rods don't work. I wouldn't have spent thirty-five years chasing this one if I thought so. It's been my passion and I spent hours every day, well about 300 days a year. Start adding that up and it comes to a couple years of my life holding an L-rod in my hand. But I ain't rich. I like to compare it to the blind men who experience an elephant. They all go WTF? Or another one is a blind man with a cane. They touch something but they are never sure what it really is. The worst sad part of all of this is the con men who profit off people's dreams. They sucker them into buying some piece of garbage that can't find crap in a toilet bowl. These people are the worst on the face of this planet. I call them the "false profits". Lord help them. Like the Jackson Browne song "Say a prayer for the pretender."

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So there's no question many people hate those L-rods with a passion.
Yes there are
I have always maintained that manufacturers do not stress how difficult and time consuming it is to learn the L-rods.
Does not take a lot of time to learn if L rods will work for you.
They either work or they do not
N
o doubt some people had mental breakdowns over this. All-in-all there are very few people who can use them--VERY few. And it doesn't matter how high-price the device is. Sure, there are many who CLAIM they can but as most people know, talk is cheap. All you have to do is list all the people who have gotten rich from using L-rods and you have a short list. LOL
Yes that is probably right

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes there are

They either work or they do not
N
Yes that is probably right
Rich is a relative term. It can mean rich in money, rich in experience, rich from having taken the trip while others only sit in their arm chairs and wish they were out there treasure hunting too. Since when does someone have to get "RICH" to show dowsing works even with L rods. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
G'day SL, I have been prospecting now for 50 years and I am still learning. I have read this LR gold finding thread from stem to stern. Surely you blokes are far more intelligent than I am
I have L Rods and I use them . The accuracy is quite alarming[ for a coat hanger] It will tell me how deep also... but it is in my head , whether it be gold, nuggets or a ring.
Long range finders now, these are real gems.... you informed fellas must know all of the tricks.... I just know how to hold-em and when to fold-em... I will say that AA3811 knows what he is talking about so pay him some sort of respect, . He has dowsed the same specific locations as I have and we have hit on the same spots, withing 20 feet . Thats close enough for me. Now I just need a drill... and some of that youth elexir.... Art knows , pay heed. Have a great week and I hope your rig works for you.. tat-tah

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, done a lot of L-rod time. Probably could write a book on it. And one of the main chapters would be about all the issues that plague the L-rod user.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yeah, done a lot of L-rod time. Probably could write a book on it. And one of the main chapters would be about all the issues that plague the L-rod user.
You keep saying that. Could you please tell us what issues that you have when using rods with a LRL?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions